February 2018 - Valentines Babies!

That standing bar is almost tempting enough to get a new stroller. :haha:

My 12 week scan shifted my date by one day but the doctor kept my due date based on lmp. My son was the same way, his was off by two days I think.

Adastra Ilmy bladder also squished baby I was told to empty it a little bit but I have no control lol

Here is my very very active baby!!!! Wee monkey wouldn't stay still at all! We are even lucky we got this pic! There was no sign of were the bleeding came from. So I'm 12+4 due 23rd Feb x

Attachments

• IMG_1732.jpg
    IMG_1732.jpg
    18.8 KB · Views: 9
So happy it was all ok, kirsty! And it's so exciting to see them moving around in there!

I have my next scan on the 21st and CAN'T WAIT!

Over here they do dating scans early, around 8 weeks and do not move dates at the 12 week ultrasound or later as they become less accurate.

I am struggling about what to do re: stroller. My DS will be 28 months so I do need a double as we like to go on long walks, to the zoo, etc. So most of the time I will have the baby in a single but if we are taking him as well, need a double. I am a bit of a stroller hoarder - he has a Bugaboo Cameleon 3, a Bugaboo Bee and a Mountain Buggy Nano (all for different purposes) but none of those are useful as a double. I really hate in-line double strollers, they are soooo hard to push compared to side-by-side. On the other hand I won't need a double for long. I get a headache thinking about it so I've put it out of my mind for a while.

Eeeek that's me booked gender scan because our hospital don't tell us. So excited to find out!

How wonderful everything turned out great kirsty!!

I am waiting until my appointment on the 25th to find out when my anatomy scan will be. If it is not to long to wait (Think mid-September) I will wait to find out gender, if they push it into the end or even early October I am going to book a private scan.

Hello everyone! Can I please be added for a due date of February 25th? I wanted to have my first ultrasound done before jumping in on the thread. This will be my first baby/pregnancy and today I am 12+2. I am soooo excited and ready for that next appointment to hear the heartbeat again :cloud9:
I am really wishing we could find out the gender early but not sure yet because it is pretty costly here. :nope: There is a place that will do a 15 week 3D ultrasound for $100 or blood test I am able to do now but that is around $150- $200. Otherwise we will be waiting until the 20 week appt :)

Nausea and exhaustion are at an all time high this week. Neither one really kicked in for me until around late in the 10th week and they show no sign of slowing down. I really hope I can get some relief soon...

Beautiful Scan Kirsty!

3 Chords - the city select stroller I have has the hard wheels and is so light and easy to push, plus it is effortless to take it from a single to a double. Stroller shopping is so hard!

That is a good idea Krissie! I am so anxious to find out the gender waiting until Sept 14th seems so far away!

Welcome Kaila! I hope the nausea doesn't last too long for you. I found saltine crackers were my only saving grace and lemon water.

AFM - Last night in the shower I noticed some dry milk on my nipples, I cleaned it off and was able to effortlessly express milk, I really didn't think at 15w5d I would be lactating already! I hope I don't have to start wearing breast pads this early, but at least it is a good sign for milk to come once baby is born.

3 Chords - the city select stroller I have has the hard wheels and is so light and easy to push, plus it is effortless to take it from a single to a double. Stroller shopping is so hard!

Yeah they are awesome as a single but when you have 2 kids of a different age, usually you will put your oldest/heaviest in the front seat and baby closest to you. It is a REALLY hard push then. Not just the City Select but all the other strollers like that (Uppababy, etc). The weight is just distributed all wrong. It works much better for twins.

Side by sides are amazing for pushing 2 kids of different ages...but then when one grows out of it you're kind of stuck with a stroller you don't need. Ugh dilemma!

Beautiful Scan Kirsty!

That is a good idea Krissie! I am so anxious to find out the gender waiting until Sept 14th seems so far away!

Welcome Kaila! I hope the nausea doesn't last too long for you. I found saltine crackers were my only saving grace and lemon water.

AFM - Last night in the shower I noticed some dry milk on my nipples, I cleaned it off and was able to effortlessly express milk, I really didn't think at 15w5d I would be lactating already! I hope I don't have to start wearing breast pads this early, but at least it is a good sign for milk to come once baby is born.

Oh wow that is early . My milk has always come in about 24 hrs after birth. I usually get a little colostrum right when I'm due to pop .

I finally have a midwife appointment tomo! They've booked a scan in for august 30th. I'll be 14 week :dohh: so later than your average dating scan . Glad all was Ok with your scan Kirsty, loving everyone's scan photos !! Hi to the newbies. :hugs:

Yay for scan Kirsty when's the gender one?

All so exciting it also means we are almost all in second trimester! Whooop

20th sept! Gutted it's ages away but it's the only day available that OH was off x

Oh the day after my 20 week one! It will fly in!

Can't wait until my next scan on the 21st! Baby was pretty small/blob-like last time - should be much more human looking I hope this time! lol

I'm not sure if it's colostrum or something else, but I also had the tiniest bit of dried something in my nipples this weekend - which also seems very early to me. But the doc said it can happen any time in the 2nd trimester, so who knows? My boobs have already gone up 2 cup sizes, so there's little they could do to surprise me at this point..

For those of you that already have a child/children are you having another baby shower? I had one with my son and it was afternoon tea out at a nice hotel near us. Not sure whether to skip it this time, I don't want to be a financial inconvenience to people!!

Unless you were previously lactating non-stop, it's colostrum! Your mature milk will come in 3-5 days after birth. I can't wait until I get in colostrum because my 2.5 year old is still nursing once a day and it HURTS!

I've never had a baby shower before and I won't this time either. Nothing against them, I'm just not into them!

For those of you that already have a child/children are you having another baby shower? I had one with my son and it was afternoon tea out at a nice hotel near us. Not sure whether to skip it this time, I don't want to be a financial inconvenience to people!!

I have no intentions have having another one. However, I suspect my job will do something. I am hoping if they do that I can do a diaper party since I don't really need much of anything else.

Thats super exciting about your scan Nordic, hopefully time will fly by!!

I am glad I am not the only one Gemini, I am definitely hoping mine subsides a bit, but I had a lot of nipple tenderness the few days before I noticed the dried colostrum and it seems to have gone away yesterday and today.

Mrs.Lux, I imagine if we have another boy we won't be having another baby shower, but if we have a girl we will have a small one.

Sorry all I meant was that I was lactating, I know it is not milk at this point. It was bright white, but I also know if I were to pump some of it out, it would be yellow tinged in larger quantities like colostrum.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->