February 2018 - Valentines Babies!

Congratulations buddy's mum :)

The trust/hospital group you are working in should have some occupational health paper work for pregnant workers. Most of isn't always relevant for your line of work (working with noxious substances - chemo etc, combative patients and so on) but I know here on the UK it's a compulsory requirement. Maybe ring the occupational health department?

I work 12.5 hour shifts. Make sure you have had a ris assessment done and see if you can split your breaks into smaller chunks. That's how I got through with my last pregnancy.

Thanks! What's involved in a risk assessment? I'm not sure exactly what I can arrange considering I have a preceptor and have to go to 10 of her shifts.

Congrats to all those that have found out the gender and had successful anatomy scans! 10 days to go for me! I'm so excited.

Congratulations! Another one on team :blue:

Congrats on everyone's anatomy scans! I had mine yesterday and I *think* everything is okay, but the techs are tight lipped here in Canada so I don't actually know anything. We thankfully didn't see the genitals at all!

Mrs.lux, I'm guessing that stuff doesn't apply to me because I'm a student and not actually working for the hospital. The program I'm in doesn't have any special accommodations for pregnant students either...

I forgot to mention -- I had a student midwife last time I went in and she measured my uterus and said it's measuring 22 weeks... baby was measuring 19w6d and I was 19w4d.

My regular midwife came in and said she wasn't concerned about it as it's so early... that they usually don't measure it, they just feel with their hands.

So what could be causing my uterus to be so high? Should I be concerned that it's measuring 22 weeks but baby is right on track?

I forgot to mention -- I had a student midwife last time I went in and she measured my uterus and said it's measuring 22 weeks... baby was measuring 19w6d and I was 19w4d.

My regular midwife came in and said she wasn't concerned about it as it's so early... that they usually don't measure it, they just feel with their hands.

So what could be causing my uterus to be so high? Should I be concerned that it's measuring 22 weeks but baby is right on track?

As a student midwife myself, I would guess it's variability in measurements. Fundal height measurement is not an exact science, and some days I would frequently measure +/- 2cm off of my preceptor who measured just after I did! Sometimes I felt so awkward putting my fingers so low on people's pubic bones that I would end up higher than usual, haha. But things that can cause the fundal height to be a bit off would be baby's position, your bladder being a bit full and pushing it upwards, or a little extra amniotic fluid. Definitely not something to be concerned about!

My fundal height is always way above what it should be ! I always seem to carry high and out . At my midwife check at 14+2 I was only a few fingers below belly button . Now it's at my belly button . If they get concerned you're growing a big baby they'll send you for a growth scan and depending on location you'll do a GTT . :hugs:

Just had the cutest 5min with my 4yo DD talking go our little guppy (listening on the Doppler baby is always swimming and kicking around like a little fish!). I also braved the first bump photo to show with you all !! That's me at 16+5 . Another almost four weeks until our anomaly scan! We're still staying team yellow . :cloud9:

Attachments

• IMG_0779.jpg
    IMG_0779.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 6
Adorable Bump Nordic!!

As we have slowly been telling people the gender of the baby, we are getting a lot of "oh, are you ok" and "aww, thats too bad your not having a girl" - It doesn't really bother me because I think most people assume people want one of each. But I am 100% a boy mom, and everyone growing up always told me I would have boys and be a great boy mom. Part of me was a little sad that it wasn't a girl, but I think I would have been sad if we found out if it was a girl too. Mostly we are just overjoyed that he is healthy and growing on track and that we get to bring another baby into this world! I am so excited for my son to have a brother!

I hope everyone had a good weekend!

There are definitely so many factors that can have an affect on your fundal height, if they thought something was wrong they would investigate more. I had a friend who just always had so much extra fluid, at 32 weeks she measured 40w.

Nordic- What a lovely bump picture!!

Hopeful- It is so sad people do that. I know both grandparents want a girl this time but to be honest we would be so happy to have another little boy. This will be our last so we just want a happy and healthy little critter.

One week until my gender scan!! DH is taking the day off so I am looking forward to it. I have to go back to work but we get the morning to ourselves.

Fundal height is really not a great measure, I mean it's archaic and dating back to times where we had no technology. I routinely measured 3 weeks ahead with my son and didn't have extra fluid or anything.

Krissie - Enjoy your morning with your DH on scan date, a week seems so far but so close!

3chords - I also always measure ahead, usually only a week. My son was 8lbs 4 oz when he was born, but he is very tall! Even now he is 98th percentile for height and weight, he is just a solid kid.

So... now that we know it is a boy, our sons name is Barrett and I would like to keep with the "tt" ending because my DH's ends in it. We are thinking "Emmett William" - But his initials will be EWH.... thoughts??

I like Emmett William. The initials don't represent anything to me, I might be missing something?

They don't really to me either, just could sound like eww... I guess. How often people actually see peoples initials though, I don't think it would really matter. I am an overthinker... :(

Yea, I wouldn't worry about them then. I did kind a think eww at first but it didn't really stick as a major thing. I think the over all name is great.

I think the name is lovely I wouldn't worry too much about initials Hun!

It's my anonoly scan tomorrow. I'm planning on going in and asking "if all is okay can I please get pictures and if possible be told the gender!" Even though I already know it's a boy I just want it double checked

Krissie - Enjoy your morning with your DH on scan date, a week seems so far but so close!

3chords - I also always measure ahead, usually only a week. My son was 8lbs 4 oz when he was born, but he is very tall! Even now he is 98th percentile for height and weight, he is just a solid kid.

So... now that we know it is a boy, our sons name is Barrett and I would like to keep with the "tt" ending because my DH's ends in it. We are thinking "Emmett William" - But his initials will be EWH.... thoughts??

Absolutely LOVE Emmett William :cloud9:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->