February 2018 - Valentines Babies!

Was told at my 20 week scan that I have an anterior placenta. Doesn't seem to have affected feeling movement though? In desperate need for some maternity jeans as my previous ones have had it. Only trouble is I am 6ft1 which makes it pretty hard

Asos do a "tall" range in their maternity range :)

This is where I got the pair that died. I got a black pair for this pregnancy and they are totally different from the last lot

Hey ladies ,

I just found this on another thread , thought it would be fun . Especially as a few of us now know what they're having . :cloud9:

In Brazil they have this "Old Wives Tales" gender prediction test that seems to have a high percentage of accuracy...

ü You will need the AGE and the MONTH when you conceived your Baby...
For example: 20 (age) and 7 (month of July)= BOY (EVEN AGE with ODD MONTH)

ð ODD AGE with ODD MONTH= GIRL
ð EVEN AGE with EVEN MONTH= GIRL
ð EVEN AGE with ODD MONTH= BOY
ð ODD AGE with EVEN MONTH= BOY

My first baby I was 18 and he was born In May , CORRECT
My second I was 23 and she was born July , CORRECT
My third I was 29 and she was born March , CORRECT

I'll be delivering at aged 34 in February , ANOTHER GIRL :wacko: :haha::cloud9:

Hey ladies ,

I just found this on another thread , thought it would be fun . Especially as a few of us now know what they're having . :cloud9:

In Brazil they have this "Old Wives Tales" gender prediction test that seems to have a high percentage of accuracy...

My first baby I was 18 and he was born In May , CORRECT
My second I was 23 and she was born July , CORRECT
My third I was 29 and she was born March , CORRECT

I'll be delivering at aged 34 in February , ANOTHER GIRL :wacko: :haha::cloud9:

It was accurate for both my son and this pregnancy. :cloud9:

Oh hang on a second , oh my baby brain Is in full force . When baby was conceived NOT delivered , :dohh::blush::haha:

In that case ......

DS1 . CORRECT (17 & Aug)
DD1 . CORRECT (23 & Nov)
DD2 . WRONG (28 & July)

THIS BABY WILL APPARENTLY BE A BOY :haha:

If you were unhappy with your community midwife (UK ladies) who would you speak to? I have a very severe needle phobia, which I explained to the first midwife I saw at my GP. She was So, so lovely and understanding. Wrote in red in my notes that I was aware of risks, but not to bring up bloods/vaccinations at future appointments because I declined them. She was so lovely. But she was only covering for the usual midwife at my surgery, who I saw yesterday. She didn't even really look at my notes, didn't know it was my second pregnancy, and completely ignored the part about not bringing up bloods etc. Instead she said "you really should have the whooping cough and flu vaccine" and made me feel like I didn't care about my babies health, because I've declined them all.
I really don't want to go and see her again, but who can I speak to??

I was 24 and conceived in May so it's correct for me :)

If you were unhappy with your community midwife (UK ladies) who would you speak to? I have a very severe needle phobia, which I explained to the first midwife I saw at my GP. She was So, so lovely and understanding. Wrote in red in my notes that I was aware of risks, but not to bring up bloods/vaccinations at future appointments because I declined them. She was so lovely. But she was only covering for the usual midwife at my surgery, who I saw yesterday. She didn't even really look at my notes, didn't know it was my second pregnancy, and completely ignored the part about not bringing up bloods etc. Instead she said "you really should have the whooping cough and flu vaccine" and made me feel like I didn't care about my babies health, because I've declined them all.

You'll need to find out who the team leader is , alternatively go through your gp and explain everything you told us above :hugs:

I was also 24 and conceived in May so it's wrong for me lolol.

Also DD got to feel baby kicking tonight! The first time anyone has felt her kick besides me! :cloud9::cloud9:

Also also, we still don't have a name! :dohh:

I was also 24 and conceived in May so it's wrong for me lolol.

Also DD got to feel baby kicking tonight! The first time anyone has felt her kick besides me! :cloud9::cloud9:

Also also, we still don't have a name! :dohh:

I don't know what we'll do if a pink bundle appears as we don't have the tiniest idea of a girls name ! Our boy name is good to go though :haha:

It's tricky because the midwife has a duty of care to offer you the tests and vaccinations and it's part of her job and maintaining her professional registration to ensure you are making an informed decision. Obviously you are well within your rights to decline (I have declined a couple of things) but she needs to know you understand the risks.

It's tricky because the midwife has a duty of care to offer you the tests and vaccinations and it's part of her job and maintaining her professional registration to ensure you are making an informed decision. Obviously you are well within your rights to decline (I have declined a couple of things) but she needs to know you understand the risks.

I wouldn't have minded if it was my first appointment, but I'd already seen her colleague 2 weeks before, and she'd documented that she'd discussed all the risks etc involved with not having the vaccines/bloods. It wasn't even really that she brought them up even though it was noted not to, it was the way she was talking to me, it was really condescending and patronising. It really got my back up tbh

Stormy- how lovely your dd got to feel baby kicking. I can't wait for this one to be felt from the outside.

Nordic- I'm really glad this one ended up pink cause we were struggling so much picking a boy's name. We at least knew our girl's choice long ago.

Luci- I hope you can figure out how to sort the situation with the midwife. That would definitely be frustrating.

Afm, baby must have moved positions. I've hardly felt her for three days and she is kicking in a different area. Such a bummer as her last location was perfect for good kicks.

I also realized I'm half way through second tri. I cannot believe how quickly this pregnancy is going. If my doctor schedules my induction for the first week of Feb then we have less than 18 weeks to go!

Stormy- how lovely your dd got to feel baby kicking. I can't wait for this one to be felt from the outside.

Nordic- I'm really glad this one ended up pink cause we were struggling so much picking a boy's name. We at least knew our girl's choice long ago.

Luci- I hope you can figure out how to sort the situation with the midwife. That would definitely be frustrating.

Afm, baby must have moved positions. I've hardly felt her for three days and she is kicking in a different area. Such a bummer as her last location was perfect for good kicks.

I also realized I'm half way through second tri. I cannot believe how quickly this pregnancy is going. If my doctor schedules my induction for the first week of Feb then we have less than 18 weeks to go!

Before we know it we'll be sharing birth stories!! :cloud9: On one hand it's dragging and the other it seems as if the weeks are flying by ! My little bumpling is always in an awkward position. I can feel very clear rolling and turning. But apart from the odd one of there has been no kicks or jabs for a while now :shrug:. We got our cot bed the other day , have the pram and car seat etc , moses basket and lots of blankets etc too. We even have some packets of nappies :haha: . So we just need to get a few basic baby clothes to get us through the first few weeks . :hugs:

We have a boy name picked out too, but our bump is pink. Lol. We just cannot agree on a name for the life of us.. I even think without DH's opinion involved, I still wouldn't know what to name her.

DH got to feel her this morning for the first time! :happydance: he's been trying for weeks lol.

We haven't bought anything yet! Eep. I figure we will start shopping in December. lol.

We have a boy name picked out too, but our bump is pink. Lol. We just cannot agree on a name for the life of us.. I even think without DH's opinion involved, I still wouldn't know what to name her.

DH got to feel her this morning for the first time! :happydance: he's been trying for weeks lol.

We haven't bought anything yet! Eep. I figure we will start shopping in December. lol.

My poor OH has been really interested in cuddling and stroking bump , but the little monkey always hides as soon as he touches me :dohh::haha: xxx

I've got a carseat, stroller, and crib all left over from ds. So now I'm just making a list of things I need like a new crib mattress, tub, diapers, some clothes, ect.

We're painting the bedroom on Thursday. I'm very excited because then I'll be able to decorate it.

We've got loads baby bath bouncer play mat clothes done 0-3,3-6 and 6-9 months as we won't have a lot of money when I got in matnernity. Some nappies but need to get more steriliser breast bump bottles Moses basket sheets and big box of wipes. I have a free stroller from my friend to use for when he's bigger.

We still need the car seat, cot bed, mattress, changing chest of drawers and need to decorate his room. My familyu are getting the pram and Moses basket.

My oh has 3 weeks left of holidays until he's here I have two but taking time before I go off on matbernity so he's going to decorate room one week and then put up the crib etc the next one so by December we are ready for him we think :) so we can enjoy Xmas and that I can chill do things like wash all the clothes we got second hand wipe everything down and just have some me time bliss!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->