February 2018 - Valentines Babies!

I've been piling on the weight! With my first pregnancy I could hardly eat because I had bad sickness. This time, I can't stop eating! I went to greggs for a breakfast bap this morning, and was saying how hungry I was, and the lovely lady gave me 5 sausages instead of 3 :blush: on my booking appointment 3 weeks ago I was 46kg. Today I'm 49 :blush: :haha:

You're quite petite though aren't you ? It's healthy for you to gain a little extra :hugs::hugs: . I love steak bakes from greggs :haha: xxxx
?

Yea I'm teeny tiny tbh, I've always had a super fast metabolism and struggle to gain weight and keep it on. I try and snack on healthy things, but I've developed an obsession with salt and black pepper crisps :blush: I'm enjoying my new boobs and my bigger bum, but I'm not so keen on my hamster cheeks and double chin :dohh: :haha:
We have our 20 week scan tomorrow, I'm so excited. But mega nervous that they're going to say they were wrong a few weeks ago and that we're actually having a boy! I've started to get used to the thought of 2 daughters, and have bought a ton of girl stuff! It's going to be a manic morning too, DD can't go to breakfast club til 8.20, and our scan is at 8.45. The hospital is only 2 junctions along the ring road, but it's going to be rush hour! Fingers crossed we make it!!

I've gained so much weight so far. We are going through tough times money wise so we've been eating cheap in stead of healthy. :blush:

Had our level 2 today, baby looks perfect. Attaching scan picture. :cloud9::cloud9: Still team pink! :)

https://sm.uploads.im/t/9hRYu.jpg[/url]

What a beautiful picture stormy!

My echo was a bust today. Little miss decided to sleep and I could not get her to move. She was in such a position her ribs were casting shadows. So they want me back in two weeks. It just sucks I gotta drive 2 hours and miss work.

Can totally relate Stormy, we're having major financial issues, as we just had a handover for our new house, but we have no money left for finishing touches such as driveway, landscaping, curtains, and appliances. We are living in a furnished rental, so we have very few furniture, not even a single bed. We are screwed.
Been gaining so much weight as well. Already piled 7 kg. I wish I have your metabolism Luci.

---
We had our U/S last week. Didn't get to sleep much the night before so I was kinda groggy. The tech asked whether we would like to know the sex, and I blurted out No, while hubby said "Yes". Hubby wanted to know the sex so we know whether DS or DD will have a future roommate, and who will have his/her own room. We will have a 4br home, and 1 room will be a study or office.

The tech said, maybe decide that later, as it will be a long and detailed scan. Indeed, I have to lie on my back for a long time and after 30 minutes, I started to feel breathless. The tech instructed me to lie on my side. Helped a bit, but then he started pressing my stomach harder as the baby was moving a lot. The pressure in my bladder made me dizzy and I had the urge to go to the toilet, but I opted to just ignore it and just get the scan over with. Then, things went south from there and I just got dizzy and can't keep my eyes open. I was conscious but feeling so horrible. Anyway, long story short, we had to stay team yellow as I had to rush to the toilet the moment the tech finished.

Just got back from our scan :) we're 100% team pink :) SD is going to be excited, DD isn't:haha: trying to think of exciting ways to reveal it to them now

Krissie - Aw sorry about your echo! We had a bit of a scare with peanuts heart. I guess at my last ultrasound she didn't get any good pictures of it (They don't talk to you at that clinic after your scan) this doctor came in after this scan and told me she needed to get a better view at baby's heart again and that sometimes with overweight mom's their hearts don't develop well... and they need to know beforehand because our city isn't as equipped to deal with heart defects... I was about to cry then she said, but this baby's heart looks normal.
Like woman, couldn't you lead with that information??? 😨😵

Lian - sorry about your dizziness! I get dizzy at home on my back but they had me slightly inclined so I was able to sit for an hour while they scanned. She also didn't make me have a completely full bladder which was nice.

Luci - Glad your scan went well! We told DD by making a cascarones with pink confetti and glitter inside and cracked it over her head. She loved it.

Stormy- nobody even thinks anything is wrong with her heart it's because I have diabetes. Meh!

Lain- how scary. I hope you're feeling better.

Luci- congrats on team pink.

I've gained so much weight so far. We are going through tough times money wise so we've been eating cheap in stead of healthy. :blush:

Had our level 2 today, baby looks perfect. Attaching scan picture. :cloud9::cloud9: Still team pink! :)

Hey , oh my gosh , isn't she just the cutest little thing. The little pouty lips are adorable ! :cloud9:

Hugs to the ladies that are feeling yuk or stressed with scans :hugs:

Luci that's fab , upload a scan pic ! Ours is on Friday , I can't wait :cloud9:

I've had severe, deep burning pain in both of my arms. Has anyone else experienced similar? My family doctor was at a loss...

Cute u/s pic, stormy!

I've had severe, deep burning pain in both of my arms. Has anyone else experienced similar? My family doctor was at a loss...

Cute u/s pic, stormy!

Never had anything like it I'm afraid . The fact that It is both arms is unusual and maybe suggests it's coming from a central nerve ..... not too sure . Maybe ask a physio/chiro for their input . :hugs:

Hey , oh my gosh , isn't she just the cutest little thing. The little pouty lips are adorable ! :cloud9:

Hugs to the ladies that are feeling yuk or stressed with scans :hugs:

Luci that's fab , upload a scan pic ! Ours is on Friday , I can't wait :cloud9:

That is such a lovely picture! I'm torn about paying for a private 4d scan. I'd book it for when SD is down over Christmas, as I'd love our girls to experience seeing their baby sister :cloud9: but the practical part of me says "That's £59 You could spend on Christmas presents/practical things for the baby"

I'll try and figure out how to upload a picture properly so you can all see. The radiographer was so lovely today, he showed us everything so in depth. She was rubbing her little nose, and apparently she had hiccups, which made it look like she was blowing bubbles :cloud9: :cloud9: I'm so in love with her already! She has no name atm, but we're leaning towards Poppy Harriet Fisher. Both DD and SD said if it was a girl we should call her Poppy, which is freaky as they haven't spoken to each other since finding out about the baby!

I have some burning in my thighs occasionally. I think mine is pressure on my veins or something. Nothing in my arms.

Ours was just the regular level 2 ultrasound, she surprised us and put the machine in 3D at the end and took a couple face pics! She said they always try to throw in a couple 3D pictures. We actually won a 3D/4D ultrasound at an elective place on instagram. It's scheduled for November. I'm so excited! She should be nice and plump then. :cloud9:

Hi ladies, mind if I join? I've been checking out this thread for a couple of weeks, but we had a little scare at the anatomy scan (just went back and rechecked and everything is fine), so I was hesitant to join before we knew all was okay.

I'm pregnant with my 2nd boy, due February 11th. I have a blood clotting disorder, so I've had a bit of a bumpy ride with 2 later losses at 18 and 14 weeks. Then, last year, my double rainbow baby Liam was born August 26th and he was worth all the worry, all the wait! I am older (39) so we thought let's start trying for #2 because it might take some time, and I fell pregnant the first moment possible. Our boys will be almost exactly 1 1/2 years apart.

Congrats, xanzaba! I'm sorry to hear about your losses. I hope your pregnancy goes smoothly from here on out. :)

Welcome xanzaba. I hope things setting down for you now and you can enjoy it more.

I have some burning in my thighs occasionally. I think mine is pressure on my veins or something. Nothing in my arms.

Ours was just the regular level 2 ultrasound, she surprised us and put the machine in 3D at the end and took a couple face pics! She said they always try to throw in a couple 3D pictures. We actually won a 3D/4D ultrasound at an elective place on instagram. It's scheduled for November. I'm so excited! She should be nice and plump then. :cloud9:

We had a 4D done at 30 weeks with DD2 in January 2013 when she was 30 weeks . It was lovely , although the little monkey Was breech with her feet in front of her face :haha: . I'll find some pics of it xx. I imagine the technology has improved a lot since then as well xxx

Welcome xanzaba :hugs:

Thanks, ladies. I'm beginning to relax into it. Strangest thing though- I have morning sickness since 20 weeks that is much worse than 1st trimester after disappearing for many weeks! I've never actually vomited in the first trimester (just queasiness), so this is new to me. Anyone else have morning sickness now?

Welcome Xanzaba. Sorry for your losses, I'm glad everything appeared to be okay in your scan! :hugs:

No more morning sickness for me. It went away at around 13 weeks this time. Last pregnancy I had it until about 17-18 weeks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->