February 2018 - Valentines Babies!

The only things I have really got are some clothes. But that is because my mom was a little crazy after we found out it was a girl. :haha:

I need to get a new crib mattress, bottles, formula, diapers/wipes, ect. I should probably start spacing some of that out now. I doubt I will have a baby shower, but if work does something I was hoping to do like a diaper/wipes things where people just bring those. So we will see what happens.

I really need to work on her nursery. Now that I am not so sick hopefully I can do that in the next few weekends. It is just so difficult because DS wants to play in there and thinks its his new play room. It must be the new paint because he never paid attention before.

Aww you have a cute bump Nordic! (I also wish my thighs looked like yours instead of mine. I have gotten so much cellulite with this pregnancy!)

My mom and sister are planning on having a baby shower for me in the middle of January since it's been so long since any of us have had a baby (10 years for me and 5 years for my sister and 9 years for my brother) so we really don't have any baby stuff anymore. I have a crib and a few outfits for him and some diapers but that's it. Now that we're settled into the new house it's time to start buying more stuff he needs so we can get ready for him.

Aww you have a cute bump Nordic! (I also wish my thighs looked like yours instead of mine. I have gotten so much cellulite with this pregnancy!)

My mom and sister are planning on having a baby shower for me in the middle of January since it's been so long since any of us have had a baby (10 years for me and 5 years for my sister and 9 years for my brother) so we really don't have any baby stuff anymore. I have a crib and a few outfits for him and some diapers but that's it. Now that we're settled into the new house it's time to start buying more stuff he needs so we can get ready for him.

Oh I've got cellulite by the bucket load :haha: . It is just good lighting :haha:

You look great nordic!!

I took a bump picture a couple weeks ago. I look so big! Part of it is the fact I was overweight to begin with but I really feel like this pregnancy I am much larger than I was with my son.

I have been working on eating better so hopefully that will help curb the weight gain some. I am hoping to stick with the half lb a week from here. If I can do that then I will be within my target weight gain for my pre pregnancy bmi.

Love the bump pic! My bump is huge (I'll be 24 weeks on Sunday), but surprisingly I've only gained 3 pounds. I've been pregnant on and off since July 2014, with maximum 8 months between pregnancies- I feel like a breeder. With my second pregnancy I was feeling so good I gained 10 pounds the first trimester and never lost that weight, so I count that as part of the 25-35 pounds I should gain. Still, I hope I don't get told off at the next appointment- with my son I had gained 8 pounds at this point and started at the same weight.

Thank you ladies :hugs:.I started this pregnancy 2.5st overweight :blush: . So I'm really trying to be careful with my diet and exercise . We're outdoorsy and have dogs and a horse so spend at least 90min outside every day! It helps keep the boredom cravings away. Tonight I was so disappointed as we got the most amazing take away pizza and I could only eat half my usual portion :cry::haha: . My poor tummy is so squished already !!!

I have noticed my portion sizes are way smaller than they use to be too. I think that is why I am hungry so frequently is because my normal meals are so small. I never experienced this with my son so it has been an adjustment. But I also noticed that my kicks are a lot higher than the 1.5 inches above my belly button online says my uterus should be. So I do think she is quite a bit higher and squishing things up.

I have noticed my portion sizes are way smaller than they use to be too. I think that is why I am hungry so frequently is because my normal meals are so small. I never experienced this with my son so it has been an adjustment. But I also noticed that my kicks are a lot higher than the 1.5 inches above my belly button online says my uterus should be. So I do think she is quite a bit higher and squishing things up.

My digestive system is so sluggish on top of the small portions so I'm not getting that hungry either . A few week ago I was ravenous all of the time !! I'm not very tall so my uterus Is always a little higher than say a lady of 5'7 . At my 20 week scan she had to go above my belly button as babies head was under the top of my belly button !! This little monkey is breech a lot of the time so I get my bladder pummelled . Then when I lie in bed it flips around and kicks my belly button area keeping me awake , amused , but very awake :haha:

I just wanted to update that I had the fetal echo yesterday and everything looks good with her heart. There was one spot he couldn't see but he said he was not worried at this time.

In other news I have zero energy. I just wish I could nap all day.

I feel you on the naps, I wish I could nap everyday. These long work days are really starting to wear me out.
I am hoping to make some protein energy balls this week the help with the fatigue and give me a boost in protein.

Sorry I have been MIA the past few weeks, my cousin passed from Cancer and between being at the hospital and trying to help with plans we have really not been home, but things are getting back to a new normal now.

It is hard to believe the 3rd Trimester is only a few weeks away!

I'm sorry about your cousin, hopeful. :hugs:

I should make some energy balls too. I have a couple recipes so maybe I will try that this weekend.

I'm sorry for your loss, hopeful. My father passed away from cancer in March and it was really hard.

I had my 24 week appointment today- the baby's heartbeat was 144, I've gained 4lbs, and everything is looking good. I'll have my glucose screening in 3 weeks and already not looking forward to that icky, sweet drink. Then I start with the growth scans every 4 weeks and he'll be here! Crazy how fast this pregnancy is going. I'll try to take a bump picture- it's impossible to believe that I can be this big and only 4lbs heavier.

I've gained 14 lbs at 24 weeks. :nope: I just feel so big now. I was already overweight so this isn't helping at all. I don't feel like I am over eating so it just must be what my body needs.

Here's the bump. Apologies for the blurriness but I'm not much at selfies.

Attachments

• IMG_0384.jpg
    IMG_0384.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 6
I'm sorry for your loss, hopeful. My father passed away from cancer in March and it was really hard.

I had my 24 week appointment today- the baby's heartbeat was 144, I've gained 4lbs, and everything is looking good. I'll have my glucose screening in 3 weeks and already not looking forward to that icky, sweet drink. Then I start with the growth scans every 4 weeks and he'll be here! Crazy how fast this pregnancy is going. I'll try to take a bump picture- it's impossible to believe that I can be this big and only 4lbs heavier.

I was like that with my last baby . Gained 4lb by 22weeks. (I'd started at 137lb). Then by 38 weeks I had gained 18 lb total . But I had polyhydramnios and a 8lb5 baby :haha: . Was 3lb above my pre preg weight at 3 days postpartum so I was pleased !! This pregnancy Is a different story I started 35lb overweight :blush: . I had gained 8lb at my weigh in two weeks ago . Then lost 1/2 lb last week. I'm being really careful with my diet and trying to stay as active as poss . Tbh right now I'm feeling tired and sicky and want to sleep constantly xxxx

Tbh right now I'm feeling tired and sicky and want to sleep constantly xxxx

I think this is why I am gaining so much weight. I am so tired and just want to sleep. When I am home I do the minimum possible to survive until bedtime. Maybe I can make a bit more effort to move more during the day and see if that helps.

Hopeful so sorry about your cousin x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->