February 2018 - Valentines Babies!

Am I the only one who doesn't really mind people feeling my bump? I've always been quite a tactile person, so it doesn't bother me. When OH is here/I visit him, he sleeps with his hand on my belly, and DD insists on kissing and talking to it as much as I'll let her! But SIL and MIL have had a feel too. I love that they're all as excited as I am :cloud9:

That's people you know ! I'm talking about the randoms in Tesco etc lol 😂. My hubby will lay his arm on my tummy but I find it heavy after a while ! My dd loves feeling baby kick and squirm . :cloud9:

Is anyone else having an huge issue with burping? I’ve been woken most nights this week with bad burping to the point of feeling sick. Sitting upright in bed just now with a glass of water to try and ease it :(

Yeah and it makes me sick . I leave a bottle of gaviscon next to the bed . Also take a recovery sachet sometimes , helps settle my tummy and has paracetamol too . Hope it gets better soon for you xxx

Kirsty I get my bloods again do presume maybe sky issues with them and ol need to?

Nordic it’s so uncomfortable :(

I’ve not had my glucose test yet? I have another appt at 28weels so presuming that would be when?

I've never had to do it. Maybe you won't as well? X

I had to with DD1 (turned out she was just a big baby) . I had to fast from midnight . Go in at 9am , get bloods drawn , drink the orange stuff , get bloods 30min later , drink more orange stuff , then have more bloods an hour later ?!?! Seems a lot more blood was stolen than you other ladies had ! I think I was tricked :haha:

When I had the nausea and sickness I was burping a lot. Mine was due to acid reflux. I felt so gross belching all night long. I'm sleeping with 2 pillows, having yogurt before bed, eating early and it has almost completely gone away.

My doctor said if the indigestion got bad again to take a preventitive tums after meals. Last time I had to take a prescription drug near the end, and I'm trying to avoid that.

You only have to do the GTT in the UK if you fall in to a risk category (BMI above 30, family history, certain races, previous GD) I was supposed to have one because my Dad is a diabetic. I had one with DS but declined this time because my Dad is a type 2 so I can't really see how it will affect me seeing as his is down to lifestyle. My MW wasn't overly happy but she knows that I am a nurse and I am making an informed decision. I've also been doing some random BM's at work and they have all been perfectly within range ��

In Canada everyone is offered the oral glucose test between 24-28 weeks but I always skip it because I don't have any risk factors for GDM. My next appointment is on halloween!

Just had my GTT today, woke up late and had to prep kids for childcare. So, I was in the pathology till after noon. Horrible test indeed, but wasn't as brutal as with my previous ones. With DS and DD, I had massive diarrhoea and collapsed in the bathroom trying my best not to throw up, risk having to repeat the test. This time, I managed much better, except for the first 30 minutes. I didn't have GD before, so I was hoping not to take the test, but I guess it is mandatory here in Australia.

Anyway, vday for me today!

---
For heartburn, I highly recommend Parriet, ask your doc for a script. It is truly Godsend, no more heartburn for me.

You only have to do the GTT in the UK if you fall in to a risk category (BMI above 30, family history, certain races, previous GD) I was supposed to have one because my Dad is a diabetic. I had one with DS but declined this time because my Dad is a type 2 so I can't really see how it will affect me seeing as his is down to lifestyle. My MW wasn't overly happy but she knows that I am a nurse and I am making an informed decision. I've also been doing some random BM's at work and they have all been perfectly within range ��

I had to do it as baby was growing very fast ! My BMI was 22 and had no family history . Baby was huge though . Was born at 5lb4 at 32wk :haha:

Just had my GTT today, woke up late and had to prep kids for childcare. So, I was in the pathology till after noon. Horrible test indeed, but wasn't as brutal as with my previous ones. With DS and DD, I had massive diarrhoea and collapsed in the bathroom trying my best not to throw up, risk having to repeat the test. This time, I managed much better, except for the first 30 minutes. I didn't have GD before, so I was hoping not to take the test, but I guess it is mandatory here in Australia.

Anyway, vday for me today!

---
For heartburn, I highly recommend Parriet, ask your doc for a script. It is truly Godsend, no more heartburn for me.

Happy V Day :hugs::hugs:

My BMI is over 30 but they gave me the option, I did do it just because with my DH living 3 hours away for school late in pregnancy and when baby arrives I didn't want any more surprises than we might already have. Thankfully he is only there until the end of March then he is home and things will be back to normal again! I am nervous for having a newborn without him, with DS1 he was able to take 1 full week off work then he worked half days the second week. This time around we will stay with my parents during the week while he is at school and then weekends we will all be at home, just until he is done this round of schooling.

I hope everyone had a great weekend!

Happy V-day Lian!!

Happy v-day Lian.

They do it here as a routine test, probably afraid of lawsuits. My husband has type I diabetes so he keeps an eye on me for symptoms, just as I keep an eye on him for hypoglycemia/blood sugar spikes. I'm not really concerned, but I did feel pretty gross after drinking the drink last time, so he will drive me to the doctor that day. He can see baby on the ultrasound that way too.

Oh, and yesterday was the start of my last 100 days! I'm technically due the 11th, but I will be induced one week early so I can get off the blood thinners in time for an epidural.

Oh, and yesterday was the start of my last 100 days! I'm technically due the 11th, but I will be induced one week early so I can get off the blood thinners in time for an epidural.

Yep, I was told I was being induced 10 days before so that officially puts me in the double digits!! It is so surreal how fast this has been going. My anxiety has been spiking a bit since this is now all starting to feel so real.

Yep, I was told I was being induced 10 days before so that officially puts me in the double digits!! It is so surreal how fast this has been going. My anxiety has been spiking a bit since this is now all starting to feel so real.

I know what you mean- the beginning flew by! I didn't get in to see my OBGYN until 11 weeks and then didn't let myself really believe it until everything was okay with the anatomy scan at 22 weeks. Now, at 25 weeks, I'm part wishing I had more time, part getting nostalgic about this being my last pregnancy, and part wanting to be done already.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->