February 2018 - Valentines Babies!

Nothing makes you feel like a lady quite like being pregnant. When pregnant I can't eat anything with gluten or I have terrible stomach issues, so there are only about 5 things I can eat at work. Well, I had to stop ordering my favorite thing because it has beans that make me gassy. Whether it's teaching a class or meeting with students or other faculty in a small office, let's just say that's not a great combo.

On halloween pulled the leash when she saw DH and DS going to a strange house. I took a tumble and ended up landing on my hands and knees and did something to my shoulder. It keeps getting more stiff so off I go to the doctor. I'm nervous because last time I hurt my shoulder I ended up with a frozen shoulder that I couldn't move without tons of pain. I can't imagine dealing with that and a newborn at the same time.

Oh Ouch that's not good :hugs: hopefully (well the lesser of two evils anyway!) You've just jarred it and it'll feel better in a few days . Have you tried a heat pack on it ? :hugs:

Has anyone else got a note free system ?! It's ridiculous as the midwives have to use a computer system that is very basic , yet complicated with lots of different sections etc . Plus she can't just see the previous visits notes etc whilst she writes the current visits obs etc . So unless i remember my previous visit , slight changes can go unnoticed. None of the midwives like the system !! :shrug::haha:

Xanzaba- hopefully it feels better soon.

Nordic- all my notes are electronic. But I am in the US. I don't get the impression its easy to see previous visit notes either as I am often asked the same things..

Nordic- judging from my list of medications that I am currently on, I don't think the all electronic version works that much better.

I'm sitting in the doctor's office waiting for my appointment. Starting to get nervous...

Nordic- judging from my list of medications that I am currently on, I don't think the all electronic version works that much better.

I'm sitting in the doctor's office waiting for my appointment. Starting to get nervous...

:hugs::hugs:

It turned out that my shoulder is okay! The doctor said to start moving my arm more or I would get a frozen shoulder, and that if it was still sore or stiff in 2 weeks I should come back for physio or ultrasound. He said the blood thinners probably led to some bleeding in the shoulder and that's why it was painful and stiff. I started moving it yesterday and I was in so much pain, I could barely sleep. But then today it feels almost completely better.

It turned out that my shoulder is okay! The doctor said to start moving my arm more or I would get a frozen shoulder, and that if it was still sore or stiff in 2 weeks I should come back for physio or ultrasound. He said the blood thinners probably led to some bleeding in the shoulder and that's why it was painful and stiff. I started moving it yesterday and I was in so much pain, I could barely sleep. But then today it feels almost completely better.

Good news! Hopefully it continues to feel better.

According to some websites/apps my third trimester started today... to other apps it doesn't start until next week... I'm still having a hard time processing that... :haha:

I feel like I'm about 16 weeks until I realize how big my bumps is now, or get super winded doing something mundane. Lol.

According to some websites/apps my third trimester started today... to other apps it doesn't start until next week... I'm still having a hard time processing that... :haha:

I feel like I'm about 16 weeks until I realize how big my bumps is now, or get super winded doing something mundane. Lol.

I always thought of 2nd tri as 13 weeks , 3rd tri as 27 weeks ! So Yaay happy 3rd tri to you ! :hugs::hugs::hugs:

I always considered it 13 and 27 weeks too!

Yay for moving into third tri! I've been anxiously counting down to it too. I cannot believe how close it is.

I am officially 6 months tomorrow- I teach and it's so hard to get through a 1 1/2 hour lecture! I get so winded and then being out of breath makes me nervous. The good news is I only have 6 more classes to teach and one is a review session (not that I'm counting). In January I have to teach up until 38+ weeks, but that is a seminar so I won't have to stand, thank goodness!

I think I’m third tri now that’s what my two apps tell me anyway

Woo! Officially double digits today. Even though I am suppose to be induced 10 days early its still super exciting to see on my ticker.

I think I’m third tri now that’s what my two apps tell me anyway

Yaay :hugs::hugs::hugs:

I'm so close to V day !!! My next goal is get to 32 weeks !!! Ultimately I'd like to get to my section date . Have been considering VBAC if I go into spontaneous labor , also that depends on my growth scans as I can't push out big babies :haha:

What has everyone been craving recently? Heinz tomato soup and Costa hot chocolate have been mine. Don't usually eat tinned soup or even like hot chocolate but anything goes hey?

What has everyone been craving recently? Heinz tomato soup and Costa hot chocolate have been mine. Don't usually eat tinned soup or even like hot chocolate but anything goes hey?

I have been craving ham and fresh fruit. Right now it is oranges but recently it was bananas.

Woo hoo for 3rd trimester! I wasn't 100% if 27 or 28 weeks was the more common calendar. I am happy you ladies go by 27!!

My cravings have been poutine, fruit, taco salad, root beer, orange juice and donairs!

I need some advice from the ladies with SPD! Towards the end of my last pregnancy I had severe tailbone pain when I saw too long, I commute for over 2hrs/day and work in an office setting. It didn't start this early, however now I get this clicking in my hips and lower back if I walk too long, sit too long, lay down too long...Pretty much all the time. Does this sound familiar?
I have an appointment with my midwife on Thursday, so I will bring it up with her, I also have an appointment with my GP. Who I have to keep in the loop along with my midwife in case I need to go on Short Term Disability through work benefits. (Unfortunately Canadian Insurance companies are extremely behind the times on midwifery and they do not consider them Medical Professionals, BS I know!!)

Hopeful that sounds more like sciatica pain more than spd. I've been suffering with the same thing this whole pregnancy. I was at a wedding at the weekend and was in complete agony we ended up leaving at 8pm.

I've not had any cravings this pregnancy. I've hardly had any appetite and nothing ever sounds good!

Hopeful- I had horrible hip pain last pregnancy and would wake up in the middle of the night almost every night. I started doing stretches before bed and it really helped. This time I'm doing more yoga and haven't had the same pain, so I really think that the stretching is key.

I usually don't have cravings, but I've been craving a Cuban dish, Picadillo, that has ground beef, olives and raisins. I went to the grocery store and they had it on the buffet. Another day I was craving it so badly that I left work to get it from the grocery store- and they didn't have it that day. I could've cried in the grocery store.

I've been having the most extreme food aversions, though. I ordered a dish that came with wilted greens that had some spice in them and after my second bite I couldn't eat anything on my plate. Also anything that I've ever eaten and gotten heartburn after is off limits now. The list grows.

Because I am being induced one week early, I consider 27 weeks to be a hard deadline. Actually, if you take 40 weeks and divide it by 3 trimesters, 26.6 or 26 weeks and 4 ~days should count. I'm 26 and 2!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->