February 2018 - Valentines Babies!

I am so jealous you can find alfalfa sprouts. Nobody sells them around here anymore and it makes me very sad. The sandwich does sound delicious.

I couldn't get them exactly- I think there is some health issue with them, but I found broccoli sprouts that are pretty similar. I was craving the sandwich so much that I caved at 8:30 and dug in! It wasn't as great as I had been making it out to be in my head, but it put that pregnancy beast to bed at least :happydance:

I'm doing a NICU placement right now, and surprisingly there are a decent number of 23 weekers here doing well. It's so trippy to see babies as big as ours (and smaller) on the outside.

That must be fascinating ! My sister was a NICU auxiliary nurse and said it was an incredible job. Then when my daughter was in NICU I was amazed at all the tiny babies in there ! :hugs:

Bittersweet I get pregnacare 3 for 2 in Boots . The only baby i was low on iron (took pregnacare all my pregnancies) was my first . But I had a very physically demanding job and was young so I didn't eat as well as I do now !

I thought I was pretty good at eating iron rich foods but maybe not :(

Are you taking a prenatal ? :hugs:

I was taking the ones given by midwife until about 18/19 weeks she told me to take up to 12 weeks

Are you in the UK? (I can never remember where everyone is!) I take the Wilko pregnancy supplements, which are about 1.90 for 30 tablets. I can't afford all the fancy ones, but my midwife said they're good to take all the way up until delivery, even into the first few months if you breastfeed.
I went to an aqua natal class this Morning, I really enjoyed it :) felt so heavy for about 15 minutes aftet getting out though!! And absolutely starving!! So have treated myself to a baguette and an apple Danish from greggs on the way home :blush:

Your midwife should offer you some or give you info on sure start to get them free/cheap . :hugs::hugs: . We got ours on a 3 for 2 at boots lol . The big boxes of pregnacare (72 in a box) . So thankfully got enough to last right through xxxx

Anyone else getting weird dizziness, sweating, and nausea spells is the morning? My heart races after a shower, so I've been taking my blood pressure at home, and it's not that. The only thing I can think is that I've been drinking orange juice due to this cold. Could it be too much sugar?

DD caught some nasty nasty sicknesses... I've been nursing her back to health since Saturday. Strep + a viral thing (I'm thinking croup? but the doctor didn't specify)
I hate seeing her this sick. She finally seems to be on the up and up. Meanwhile I'm starting to get congested... :(

Hope everyone is doing well.

Xan- I'm not sure what would cause that aside from BP

Anyone else getting weird dizziness, sweating, and nausea spells is the morning? My heart races after a shower, so I've been taking my blood pressure at home, and it's not that. The only thing I can think is that I've been drinking orange juice due to this cold. Could it be too much sugar?

Yep, since about 10 weeks this has been happening. My doctor just fluffed it off as extra fluids. Mine occur at all times, including when I am just laying down.

I have tight control of my blood sugar due to diabetes so I am not sure that's causing it.

Stormy- I hope you both feel better quickly. :hugs:

Hmm, I just opened a bag of popcorn I keep in my office and it was gone before I realized what was happening, and the taste of salt was incredible. I wonder if it's just a weird pregnancy sweet aversion.

Yeah she gave me more pre barals today and iron tablets and also took my no which was quite low (97/60) so I’ve to go back in 3 weeks as she feels ncpmfertable letting me have 4 weeks between visits. Baby’s heartbeat good and measuring 2 weeks ahead. And he’s turning head down!

Our recommendation is to take prenatals until done breastfeeding. I find it interesting how different areas have different recommendations.

I am so crampy today. It started last night right at the top of my bump. I can definitely tell it is having a growth spurt right now as it is so heavy. Even getting out of bed has gotten much harder. I cannot imagine how difficult it will be in 10 more weeks!! :haha:

It is funny how different the advice can be from one place to another. I was just reading something by a woman who was pregnant in 4 countries and how different it was (China, US, Italy, Netherlands). She said in China women brag about gaining 50 pounds, and in Italy they push not gaining more than 1kg/month. The Netherlands they never weigh you or do blood tests unless they suspect something is wrong. The Netherlands sounds like my kind of a place.

I've been struggling through a cold, a sick 1 year old, and teething that started the weekend of daylight savings. I've been waking up at 4-5am every morning, and I'm exhausted. I just treated myself to a tea and graham crackers, but I left the tea at the store. I really needed that tea, but it's so far to walk back.

It's V-day for me today :happydance: it feels like it's come around so quick!!
I've been getting really breathless the last few days, was just reading DD her bedtime story, and found myself feeling really out of breath! Had to slow my reading right down.
Are any of you ladies doing antenatal classes? I need to start looking into mine, but the time they say to do them is around 30 weeks, which for me is right over Christmas, so not sure if they'll be running. Am stressing that OH is 100+ miles away during term time too, so there's a good chance he won't be able to come with me :( and I really don't want to go on my own!!

Luci, I get so out of breath reading my DD her bedtime stories too :haha:
I'm like how can TALKING get me so winded? lol.

I'm still on my prenatal. Will probably take until I'm finished BFing. Anyone else having BH lately? I'm pretty sure I am... but it's been so long since I've been pregnant that I'm unsure. My bump just gets hard and tight and uncomfortable. >.<

Yeah she gave me more pre barals today and iron tablets and also took my no which was quite low (97/60) so I’ve to go back in 3 weeks as she feels ncpmfertable letting me have 4 weeks between visits. Baby’s heartbeat good and measuring 2 weeks ahead. And he’s turning head down!

Ugh low BP sucks doesn't it !! My last one was 104/54 , which isn't as low as you . Are you quite dizzy at times ? Xxxx

I'm still on my prenatal. Will probably take until I'm finished BFing. Anyone else having BH lately? I'm pretty sure I am... but it's been so long since I've been pregnant that I'm unsure. My bump just gets hard and tight and uncomfortable. >.<

I was trying to explain something to DH last night and getting so frustrated at my breathlessness :haha: .

Yeah I'll keep on my pregnacare until I'm done BFing as well :hugs: . My BH are a pain , I get them on and off throughout the day . They are worse if I'm in certain positions , usually the car sets them off !!! :shrug:

I can now feel and just about see feet/elbows/knees moving across my belly rather than the pops and pokes. Can quite often see baby turning about and squirming around . It feels funny if I place mine or DH hands on my belly during these turning movements :haha: . Baby quite often has hiccups as well . :cloud9:

DD had an allergic reaction to her meds last night... :cry: she's missed all week so far of school. I slept a grand total of 1.5 hours last night and cried the rest of the night. I feel so drained.

Ugh low BP sucks doesn't it !! My last one was 104/54 , which isn't as low as you . Are you quite dizzy at times ? Xxxx

I was trying to explain something to DH last night and getting so frustrated at my breathlessness :haha: .

Yeah I'll keep on my pregnacare until I'm done BFing as well :hugs: . My BH are a pain , I get them on and off throughout the day . They are worse if I'm in certain positions , usually the car sets them off !!! :shrug:

I can now feel and just about see feet/elbows/knees moving across my belly rather than the pops and pokes. Can quite often see baby turning about and squirming around . It feels funny if I place mine or DH hands on my belly during these turning movements :haha: . Baby quite often has hiccups as well . :cloud9:

Yeah very dizzy at times it’s horrible :(

That is quite low. Glad they are keeping a close eye on you but sounds like baby is doing fab! Xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->