February 2018 - Valentines Babies!

So I’ve found out I have low iron levels :(

I am still having aversions too. It really sucks since I have a limitation due to diabetes and now with food aversions and heartburn I just cannot catch a break. Thankfully there are a few things I really enjoy so I am not burnt out on them yet.

So I’ve found out I have low iron levels :(

Is it so low you are going to need to take a pill?

Mine have been low with both pregnancies, but both times I have been able to eat enough extra iron I was able to be okay.

Kristie yes I have my prescription at gp il get it Wednesday as midwife has asked me to go in also. That’s made me a bit anxious tbh. Only got the bloods done Friday so it must be pretty low for such an instant response on a Monday?

Kristie yes I have my prescription at gp il get it Wednesday as midwife has asked me to go in also. That’s made me a bit anxious tbh. Only got the bloods done Friday so it must be pretty low for such an instant response on a Monday?

I am not sure how serious it might be. I usually get mine checked and told the result a couple mins later so it is a quick test. But where they want you on a pill I would assume it is pretty low.

I think mine was around 9 and they told me to eat more servings from a list of foods that are iron rich.

I thought I was pretty good at eating iron rich foods but maybe not :(

What has everyone been craving recently? Heinz tomato soup and Costa hot chocolate have been mine. Don't usually eat tinned soup or even like hot chocolate but anything goes hey?

Yummy on the tomato soup I had it every day for lunch last week :haha: . Tescos cream of tomato soup is just as good and half the price :thumbup:

I craved mash potatoes, and thousand island dressing (but only the one on the salad bar in harvesters) on really crusty buttered rolls during my first pregnancy. I haven't had any cravings this time round. The problem I have is, I'm constantly starving, but there's never anything I fancy eating :( it's so irritating! I'm hungry, but never know what to eat :doh:

Happy V-Day Nordic!
Yayyyy for being in 3rd tri for several of us here. It's amazing how quickly second tri went for me!
I'm still having food aversions too. Most of the time I have no idea what I want to eat because I'll be hungry but nothing really sounds good most of the time.
I had my glucose test on the 1st. I passed thankfully. I couldn't imagine having to drink that awful drink again. Yuk!
I haven't been on here much the past few days because I've had some sort of virus where one day I'm vomiting and the next day it's diarrhea then I'm OK for a day and now I'm not sure which way it wants to come from but OMG I just want to feel better! I hate having a stomach ache while being pregnant. It seems like it's worse to me while pregnant but IDK.

I hope everyone else is feeling better than I am.

I thought I was pretty good at eating iron rich foods but maybe not :(

Are you taking a prenatal ? :hugs:

I was taking the ones given by midwife until about 18/19 weeks she told me to take up to 12 weeks

Are you in the UK? (I can never remember where everyone is!) I take the Wilko pregnancy supplements, which are about 1.90 for 30 tablets. I can't afford all the fancy ones, but my midwife said they're good to take all the way up until delivery, even into the first few months if you breastfeed.
I went to an aqua natal class this Morning, I really enjoyed it :) felt so heavy for about 15 minutes aftet getting out though!! And absolutely starving!! So have treated myself to a baguette and an apple Danish from greggs on the way home :blush:

Hopfl- oh, no- that's no fun. I hope you feel better soon. I've picked up yet another cold. This is the 4th virus I've had this pregnancy and it's getting old! Liam has the same thing and has been waking up screaming very early in the morning. This morning I put DH on the job of taking care of him.

Bittersweet- I hope you get your iron up. My doctors keep getting on my case about taking a prenatal as my iron has started dropping. I'm hoping I get a little more energy from the iron, and maybe the vitamin c will help me avoid another virus.

I had another craving today- it's a Jimmy John's veggie sandwich, but between food poisoning and my pregnancy-related gluten allergy I can't get one. Jimmy John's is a sandwich place here in the US and I lived on them through college when I was a vegetarian. So I went grocery shopping and bought the ingredients to try to make one. It has avocado, cucumber, provolone, and alfalfa sprouts. I'm sure there are other ingredients that I'm forgetting, but those are the ingredients I'm craving. Hopefully it will be close enough

I am so jealous you can find alfalfa sprouts. Nobody sells them around here anymore and it makes me very sad. The sandwich does sound delicious.

Thanks xKristyx - Sciatica I could deal with, unfortunately it is not in my nerve and muscle. It is in the joint itself, I can feel it grinding and moving. It is more localized pain to the tailbone.

I'm doing a NICU placement right now, and surprisingly there are a decent number of 23 weekers here doing well. It's so trippy to see babies as big as ours (and smaller) on the outside.

Aww that would be amazing to see feronia but also would worry me u think.

Midwife tomorrow but super stressed at work so I’m hoping il be in and out as hot my 28week appt next week anyway

That would definitely be interesting to work in the NICU. That is wonderful so many micro preemies are doing so well.

Fx your appt is quick Bittersweet.

Xanz, thank you. I feel much better today, thankfully, as I have so much housework to catch up on. I hope you get to feeling better soon as well and your little one too. Good thing dh is there today and able to help so hopefully you get some rest so you can feel better. Your sandwich sounds amazing right now BTW lol

Hopeful, I know exactly what pain you are describing. I had the same pain with ds2 all through the 3rd tri with him. I thought it was just because he was a big baby (10lbs even) at birth. I hope I don't get it again since it's so uncomfortable feeling you're bones rubbing together when you walk (it was that way for me last time) I was so worried and kept telling my Dr that I felt like his head was rubbing against my tail bone and pelvic bone. She kept saying it was impossible but it still felt that way and worried me anyway. I hope you can find a way to get some relief. My last pregnancy was 10 years ago with ds2 so I don't remember if/what I did to help it. Sorry I can't be of more help but I do hope you can get some relief from it.

Ferona, that's sweet and sad about the premie babies at the same time. I hope they all strive and make it home ❤

Bittersweet, good luck at your appointment tomorrow and I hope it goes quickly for you. I also hope you start to have a better day for the rest of the day.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->