February 2018 - Valentines Babies!

Stormy- I hope your daughter is feeling better.

Bittersweet- my blood pressure runs on the low side and gets down more when I'm pregnant. I've had 90/50-100/70 whenever I measure this pregnancy, and sometimes when I change position I start to black out. Whenever I started to feel dizzy I sat with my head between my knees- but I can't still bend that way so I put my head in my hands. I also try to eat something salty when I'm feeling better.

I felt hiccups for the first time a few days ago! With my first son, that was my favorite part of pregnancy and he always had hiccups. I can't believe there's less than 3 months left. On the one side, I'm ready to be done with pregnancy stress and aches forever, on the other side I cherish those quiet moments when I feel him moving around and have it all to myself.

Question for those of you who have 2 (or more) already- how was it with your oldest when the new baby came? I'm a little worried, because if I arrive at daycare and dare stop to talk to somebody else or have to stop another toddler from escaping the room, my son gets furious! I'm talking tears, red face etc. On my side I read a letter from a mom to her first kid that broke my heart, apologizing for not having alone time with him and getting frustrated. It chokes me up to think about not having as much one-on-one time with him, but then again what doesn't these days?

Stormy- I hope your daughter is feeling better.

Bittersweet- my blood pressure runs on the low side and gets down more when I'm pregnant. I've had 90/50-100/70 whenever I measure this pregnancy, and sometimes when I change position I start to black out. Whenever I started to feel dizzy I sat with my head between my knees- but I can't still bend that way so I put my head in my hands. I also try to eat something salty when I'm feeling better.

I felt hiccups for the first time a few days ago! With my first son, that was my favorite part of pregnancy and he always had hiccups. I can't believe there's less than 3 months left. On the one side, I'm ready to be done with pregnancy stress and aches forever, on the other side I cherish those quiet moments when I feel him moving around and have it all to myself.

Question for those of you who have 2 (or more) already- how was it with your oldest when the new baby came? I'm a little worried, because if I arrive at daycare and dare stop to talk to somebody else or have to stop another toddler from escaping the room, my son gets furious! I'm talking tears, red face etc. On my side I read a letter from a mom to her first kid that broke my heart, apologizing for not having alone time with him and getting frustrated. It chokes me up to think about not having as much one-on-one time with him, but then again what doesn't these days?

Hey, do they have sibling classes near you ? They can be very helpful . I bought my 4yo daughter a newborn baby doll that she loves to put nappies and clothes on. She helped DH build the baby's crib, helps me wash the blankets etc. I'm planning to get her involved as much as poss when baby arrives , bathing , changing etc . I learnt the hard way the first time as dd1 was a total nightmare when Dd2 arrived. She was a colicky , clingy baby thst took up all of my time, incl co sleeping and breastfeeding constantly!!! Dd1 hated her with a passion until she was up and about, sitting and crawling. :haha: . Anyway , DH and I have said that we'll both make some special time each week for time with the girls . Even if It's an hour cuddled up watching TV eating popcorn xxxxx

DD had an allergic reaction to her meds last night... :cry: she's missed all week so far of school. I slept a grand total of 1.5 hours last night and cried the rest of the night. I feel so drained.

Aww no ,,I hope she's better soon and that you get caught up on some rest soon too :hugs::hugs:

Nordic- I'm not sure if they have sibling classes here, I'll look into it. He's only 14 months so I think what he can understand is limited. I've been trying to get him to wave to other babies at daycare and tell him he's going to be a big brother and how exciting it's going to be.

She's doing much better, but now I've caught one or more of her bugs! Eep!!

Lovely bumps!! :cloud9:

Hi ladies,

Hope everyone is doing ok! For those that remember me from June/July time I just wanted to pop in and tell you the good news! I have my BFP! Hopefully this will be our rainbow. Still early days but wanted to share good news as you were all so supportive with my mc.

Xxx

Hi ladies,

Hope everyone is doing ok! For those that remember me from June/July time I just wanted to pop in and tell you the good news! I have my BFP! Hopefully this will be our rainbow. Still early days but wanted to share good news as you were all so supportive with my mc.

Xxx

Hello lovely !!!! Aww yaay I'm so pleased for you . Lot of gentle hugs :hugs::hugs:

Hi ladies,

Xxx

Oh congratulations hun wishing you all the best and a very sticky bean!

Hi ladies,

Xxx

:hugs::hugs: Yay! :happydance: Sending lots of sticky dust your way!

Congrats BabyBrain, I hope this is your sticky bean!

Afm, my hips and back have really been bothering me. My weight has definitely shift out and I think its causing strain on me.

I've been sleeping a little better though so that has been nice. Hopefully it keeps up.

I'm trying to get over a bug, lots of congestion and sneezing and headache... my hips have hurt pretty consistently since 20 or so weeks, and I've been having some crazy dreams. I can't wait for my 3D ultrasound Wednesday. I'm just hoping my cold doesn't make it harder to see the baby for some reason lol (trying to hydrate, hydrate, hydrate)

Hopefully you get some lovely pictures Stormy. And fewl better soon. Pregnancy colds are the worst!

I have my 28 week scan in 10 days. I'm hoping they give me a 3d picture then. I got some at 20 weeks but I'm super curious how much she has changed.

We got a couple pictures of her at around 23 weeks (profile pic) Wednesday is an elective 3D/4D package I won a giveaway to, then the next Tuesday I have a growth scan where they might put in 3D again like they did at 23 weeks. Even in the pictures we got at 23 weeks, she looks so different in each angle lol.

This weekend we went to the mall- it was fun to see DS in awe over the mall Santa and the Christmas lights and holiday decorations. And he loves all the attention he gets in the mall normally. When we got home the muscle on top of my bum was aching and until this morning it was giving me grief.

I signed up for a prenatal yoga class on Sunday to try to stretch my hips and thighs and it's amazing how things change over the years. When I was in my 20s I went to a yoga class and the instructor kept calling me Gumby like the cartoon from the 80s/90s- I was too flexible but needed to work on my strength. Well, fast forward a few years and I can barely sit in lotus position, which is normally how yoga sessions start. With DS they had me sitting in that position for hours with an epidural and when it wore off my thighs were more sore than any other part of me. Time to start doing more yoga/stretching to prepare for this little guy.

Anyone else on the count down to mat leave? I'm counting down my shifts! My hips have started to give me trouble so had to dig the belt out. They are usually OK in the morning and get worse throughout the day. I have delt with hip problems most of my life though so it's to be expected I guess.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->