February 2018 - Valentines Babies!

This appointment was supposed to be at 28 weeks, so I'll be going back in 3 weeks (30 weeks) and then every other week until 36 weeks when I'll go weekly. Eek! It's getting so real.

Also, I think baby turned last night- I'm feeling kicks higher up today.

I failed my 1 hour glucose... and my blood work came back with low iron levels... so now I'm considered anemic and have to do the 3 hour glucose test... Not to mention DD caught a stomach bug and is home puking after missing all last week.

I just want to catch a break.

I had horrendously itchy, painful nipples. I started moisturizing as much as I could, as they'd started cracking. It was gross, the skin started flaking off :mrgreen: luckily it seems to be better now.
I'm sorry you're having a hard time Nordic and stormy :( I've been Ok, just getting a lot of pain in my ribs :( I went to pregnancy yoga for the first time this morning, and really enjoyed it, so am hoping to keep that up, it's just expensive! :( OH surprised me by coming home Wednesday night, when I didn't think I'd see him til December now. Its so lovely having him here, but it is sometimes like having a 30 year old child here, picking up his wet towels and dirty clothes :dohh:

Echo was Ok . Heart had one random moment and whilst it is under extra pressure it's within normal pregnancy parameters. However I do have to wear a 48hr heart monitor a few times throughout the rest of my pregnancy. :dohh: . Anyway I'm home again , feeling a lot more chilled out in my own space :thumbup: . Thank you for the well wishes etc . Xan I hope you are clot free this time. Stormy I hope your work issues settle down for you too :hugs:

I failed my 1 hour glucose... and my blood work came back with low iron levels... so now I'm considered anemic and have to do the 3 hour glucose test... Not to mention DD caught a stomach bug and is home puking after missing all last week.

I'm so sorry- that's rough. I hope it's a false positive- I've heard so many women have false positives. But still, the tests are no fun. I always lose a day to those tests.

I'm so sorry- that's rough. I hope it's a false positive- I've heard so many women have false positives. But still, the tests are no fun. I always lose a day to those tests.

I failed last pregnancy and passed the 3 hour, but I had a sugary breakfast that morning... This time I fasted, so I'm uneasy about failing. The cut off is apparently 135 and I got a 135... so just barely failed.

I'm glad you're home now, nordicpixie! What a scare! I hope the rest of your pregnancy goes uneventfully.

It's much easier to fail the 1-hour non-fasting test. The parameters are set so that it can only rule out GDM unless it's super high, but it cannot diagnose at all unless it's above a really high range. (The actual numbers are different in different countries so I'm not going to mention them.) Then with the 3-hour, its purpose is actually to diagnose and not rule out, so if you fail any of the 3 draws then you have GDM. Fingers crossed you don't!

That is good your echo went well nordic. Hopefully the rest of your pregnancy goes easily.

Stormy- fx you pass the 3 hour test.

I have a scan and ob appt on Wednesday. I'm super excited to see lo again. Her movements have been so much stronger lately. I have the feeling they will be painful in a few weeks.

28 weeks today! How are everyone's nurseries coming along? Ours was a spare room up until last week. Finally got rid of the bed and cleared out a load of crap. Got the paint, curtains, light shade and furniture (still flat packed) just need to find the time to get said paint on the walls!! We are going for a swan theme. Those in the UK (not sure of its available in other countries?) Dunelm has some lovely nursery stuff. Made my hospital bag list last night. Total mind blank to what I need. Seems Il have to add a few bits in if I'm induced again - fingers crossed not!

28 weeks today! How are everyone's nurseries coming along? Ours was a spare room up until last week. Finally got rid of the bed and cleared out a load of crap. Got the paint, curtains, light shade and furniture (still flat packed) just need to find the time to get said paint on the walls!! We are going for a swan theme. Those in the UK (not sure of its available in other countries?) Dunelm has some lovely nursery stuff. Made my hospital bag list last night. Total mind blank to what I need. Seems Il have to add a few bits in if I'm induced again - fingers crossed not!

We don't have the cash to sort our spare room just now as it's completely bare incl carpets! Plus it's downstairs ! We figured baby would be in with us until August time, so we'll do babies room then. We'll probably move the baby into our room and we'll go downstairs as it's the coolest room in the house . However I'll defo check out Dunelm when we know what we're having ie birthday lol .

I'm having an elcs so im packing for a four night stay , i was just starting to do my bag today . In it I've got ;

Two pairs of light cotton pj's that I can breastfeed in.
Six pairs of underwear.
Six pairs of socks.
Two nursing bras.
Lightweight dressing gown.
Slippers.
Comfy top & maternity leggings to wear when I'm ready and go home.
Nursing Pillow.

Toiletry bag has;

Shower gel .
Moisturiser.
Razor.
Shampoo & conditioner.
Toothbrush & paste.
Lip balm.
Deodorant.
Hairdryer.
Hairbrush.
Maternity towels (in UK kotex are great , very absorbent! )
Bath towel as NHS towels are teeny weeny.

Baby's Bag;

Four sleep suits.
Four vests.
Four pairs socks.
One baby boots.
Four muslin cloths.
Two hats.
One warm blanket.
One swaddle blanket.
Soft towel for bathing.
Pack of wipes and nappies.

I prefer to have extras in case of leaky pads (my part) or leaky nappies and sicky burps ! :hugs::hugs:

Our nursery is going good. It is painted and most of the prints are hung up. The furniture is all painted as well. I just need to line the dresser drawers and get the boxes unpacked and organized.

I plan to wash her nb-3 mo clothes over Christmas break. I will probably pack my hospital bag then as well.

I just cannot believe that in just over 10 weeks I will have baby. It just seems so close after the long journey to get here.

Is it too early to start nesting? I started by vacuuming my couch and ended up doing all the baseboards. I have so much energy and all I want to do today is clean. :wacko:

With ds we moved when I was 38 weeks so I think that was how I channeled the urge to nest.

Or nursery is going good we have painted walls and got a comfy chair. Got all furniture but it’s still flat packed for now. My oh wants to put a turtle stencil on the wall-I can’t find a giant one anywhere :(. Or a wall sticker :(. We have grey with white stars light fitting, minty/bluey curtains, mint and white walls, a grey rug and a light gray chair. We have owl mint and white bedding so just need to get the duvet and pillow not that it will be used for a long time but we would rather buy now than when we are down to one wage.

And cat nets as we have cats one of whom sprays (she has issues) so we need one to fit Moses basket one for pram and one for the cotved

Bittersweet- that theme sounds absolutely adorable. <3

Ours is done in old style Alice in Wonderland. I made cream and pink curtains and ordered prints on etsy. There is a lot of pink but this is my last baby and only daughter. I am doing what I want. :haha:

We did do neutral grey walls and white furniture so when she is older we can easily switch it out to something her style.

We decided not to do up a nursery until LO is almost ready to move into one. We are going to move DH's desk out of our room into the 'spare/baby' room and put her crib there. Then a bassinet by my side of the bed. We need to get a dresser for that room for her. We are still so unprepared! The way DH's checks fall this month/next month should give us some extra money for Christmas/baby stuff though.

Or nursery is going good we have painted walls and got a comfy chair. Got all furniture but it’s still flat packed for now. My oh wants to put a turtle stencil on the wall-I can’t find a giant one anywhere :(. Or a wall sticker :(. We have grey with white stars light fitting, minty/bluey curtains, mint and white walls, a grey rug and a light gray chair. We have owl mint and white bedding so just need to get the duvet and pillow not that it will be used for a long time but we would rather buy now than when we are down to one wage.

And cat nets as we have cats one of whom sprays (she has issues) so we need one to fit Moses basket one for pram and one for the cotved

Ooh in love with your colour scheme :sleep:

Thanks ladies. It&#8217;s a bit off in the sense of stars owl and title but it&#8217;s more cute things lol! Baby ha seven incredibly active today amazing!

Feeling a bit nesty today , so sorted babies Moses basket and cot :haha::cloud9:

Attachments

• IMG_1356.jpg
    IMG_1356.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 8

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member