February 2018 - Valentines Babies!

Hey I'm March 9th, I went 10 days early last time is it too late to join you guys with my due date?

Welcome! Last time I was due September 1st but was schedule for an induction on the 25th of August. Well, DS decided to come on his own that day. It made it all a bit longer because they had to keep the meds down and I was in the hospital bed for 24 hours! I'm scheduled for another induction this time around (Feb 5th) and wondering what this little guy has in store for me.

Personally I like Leo Alexander. Would you consider 4 names? Leo William Alexander has a nice ring to it.

I lost my dad this year, named William Anthony, and we were very close. This baby will have my dad's middle name. We chose Kyle Anthony the day of the anatomy scan (also my dad's birthday) when we had a little scare that sorted itself out. I cried and thought of my dad, and then all of a sudden I had a feeling of peace and knew everything would be okay. My son's name is Liam (same origins to William). I wanted each boy to have his own identity, but to have a tie to my wonderful dad.

I'm feeling much better. Head cold/sinus thing seems to be gone as well.
Although DD went back to school today after a break, so I'm sure she will be bringing new germs back home.

She usually is turned towards my back, they made me wiggle and jiggle and bounce and lay on my side to get her to turn lol.

xanzaba- Sorry about losing your dad. I think you have chose lovely names to honor him for both your boys.

Stormy- It never fails they bring home something. I also work in the schools so between daycare and work I am always catching something it seems.

I need to talk to my doctor next week about when I can schedule my induction. He said it would be 10 days before my due date and I would like to know for sure. My mom needs to schedule time off and my DH's job would like a heads up if he can. If we do it Feb 2nd which is 10 days before, then we are now under 10 weeks!!

Hey ladies our name choices are ;

:pink: Rhea Dorothy Wilson (middle name is DH maternal granny)
:blue: Elijah Archie Wilson (middle name is DH paternal grandpa)

I've always loved the name Elijah , we're in Scotland so it's still fairly unique. We didn't want a big long girls name as our girls are Ella & Islay. So Rhea fits the bill , It's definitely unusual and has the most awesome meaning and history in Greek mythology . So dh loved it !!! :haha:

I like Leo William, but I am biased towards William, it was my grandfathers name.

Our babies name is Emmett William.

I love Elijah, that was the name we picked out for DD if she was a boy :) this poor baby still has no name. I love the name Madison, shortened to Madi, as the full and shorter version fit with DD (Evelyn/Evie) and SD (Isobel/Izzy) but OH is against it :( we did briefly decide on Poppy Harriet, but that seems to have fallen off the list now. Doesn't help that my ex (DDs dad) is due with a girl 5 weeks before us, and is naming her Harriet. We were using it after OHs grandad, Harry, who basically raised him, but now we're not so sure :dohh:

Nordic- I love both your name choices!! Elijah was on our short list for a boy. And Rhea- oh man!! She will give you your grandchildren. :haha: Those both do fit so well with your other children.

Luci- Too bad Madison isn't working, that would be so lovely with the other two girl's names. Charlotte/Lotte also seems to fit nicely. Or what about a different version of Harry like Harrietta or Hattie?

We are firm on Alice Rose as our girl's name. It was decided years ago and my heart has forever been set on that name. The only name that might have stood a chance was Eleanor (El/Elle) but DH said no to that. We were decided between Benjamin Lawrence and Samuel Lawrence for a boy. We just could not decide so it worked out well we got a girl.

My husband definitely wants his name as a middle name so it's either

Leo William

Or

Alfie William

What do you guys think?

I think I prefer Leo and hubby prefers Alfie. I was concerned Leo was too out there after comments from my family about my Cody. But on websites for most popular names 2017 Leo is top 8 in Scotland and top 10 in Newcastle upon Tyne which is where we will move to eventually. So it can't be that much out there.

We did discuss Harriet as the first name, and calling her Hattie, but neither of us were that keen on it. As a middle name it's enough of a tribute, without ever really using it :blush: I'm still pushing Madison, I never really liked it that much, but now I feel drawn to it. There are so many names I like that we've had to rule out because of having friends etc with that name. I love Emelia/Emmi, but my good friend is Amelia, which is way too similar. Have just borrowed a names book from the library, so going to flick through that tonight. Alice is a beautiful name. I think I've made it harder for myself by being so determined to have a name that we can shorten, like DD and SD.

Loving everyone's name choices !! We've not told anyone our names . Doesn't give them the chance to prefer one and then the opposite sex baby pops out :haha: .

Nordic- I love both your name choices!! Elijah was on our short list for a boy. And Rhea- oh man!! She will give you your grandchildren. :haha:

Rhea is pretty epic isn't It !! We had forgotten all about it until the other day :dohh: .

I say go with Leo William if it's your preferred. Then you have Leo (your preference) and William (for your husband). My friend's son is named Leo and seeing him the name grew on me a lot.

At the beginning I "knew" I was having a girl, and was set on Madeline, I just couldn't get it out of my mind. Then we saw the potty shot and it was clear we were having a boy. We knew my son had to be Liam, but Kyle took more effort to discover.

Are there any other team :yellow: mama's on board :hugs:

I am not a patient woman- we found out asap with the genetic testing. We wanted to have some time to know before we had to tell the world. But it didn't hit home until we saw the potty shot. And what a potty shot it was!

Are there any other team :yellow: mama's on board :hugs:

I was with DD, but this time I really 'needed' to find out. Plus DD was really hoping for a brother, so we wanted to prepare her before the baby was here :lol:
I am sad I won't get the "it's a ...." moment with OH in the delivery room though

Nordic, I’m staying team :yellow: as this would be our last.

Had a talk with the Ob yesterday and I gave details of my depression and anxiety. We are back to the same problem as with my Dd, where we have no one to watch over the kids while I give birth. Last time, i just took the cab to the hospital and left my son with my husband. So, this time around, we’re stuck with the same dilemma, except that we have 2 kids now, that I do not want to drag to the hospital if my labor kicks in after midnight. I had a horrible experience giving birth alone last time, people were asking where is your support person, and giving me the judgemental looks. My labor was really fast and the midwife left me alone in the room, and I have to get her attention to tell her the baby is crowning. She was outside calling the doctor to get permission to give me pain relief. There was no time to administer that as the baby came out shortly after.
Anyway, the OB was pretty emphatic this time so promised to induce me at 39 weeks on a business day, so we can put the kids in daycare. Hopefully, bub does not come out before that time.

Nordic, I’m staying team :yellow: as this would be our last.

Had a talk with the Ob yesterday and I gave details of my depression and anxiety. We are back to the same problem as with my Dd, where we have no one to watch over the kids while I give birth. Last time, i just took the cab to the hospital and left my son with my husband. So, this time around, we’re stuck with the same dilemma, except that we have 2 kids now, that I do not want to drag to the hospital if my labor kicks in after midnight. I had a horrible experience giving birth alone last time, people were asking where is your support person, and giving me the judgemental looks. My labor was really fast and the midwife left me alone in the room, and I have to get her attention to tell her the baby is crowning. She was outside calling the doctor to get permission to give me pain relief. There was no time to administer that as the baby came out shortly after.
Anyway, the OB was pretty emphatic this time so promised to induce me at 39 weeks on a business day, so we can put the kids in daycare. Hopefully, bub does not come out before that time.

I'm so sorry you had a rough time in the past . :hugs: That's so helpful of your OB. Do you have access to emergency childcare in the states ? Like In the UK there are childminder and nanny services (they're all police checked etc) . They can provide overnight care too . I hope baby comes out when planned xxxxx:hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

We stuck with team :yellow: . It's the last baby , we're both getting "snipped" afterwards. :haha: . I can't decide on whether to have them lower the curtain and we see then. Or wait until it's just me and hubs in recovery so it's more of a private moment !! Either way I want hubby to tell me :cloud9:.

Feeling a bit achey this am , period type pains coming and going . Nothing regular or changing (ie getting stronger!) . So hoping they'll go. I'm having a quiet morning so will keep my feet up and relax .:thumbup:

I had period like cramps for about 4 hours yesterday. I also just felt off. I almost went into L&D but had an endocrinologist appointment. I went to bed at 6:30 and it seemed to stop. It was sure nerve wracking though. I'm already so anxious about going into premature labor that yesterday was really doing me in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->