February 2018 - Valentines Babies!

I had period like cramps for about 4 hours yesterday. I also just felt off. I almost went into L&D but had an endocrinologist appointment. I went to bed at 6:30 and it seemed to stop. It was sure nerve wracking though. I'm already so anxious about going into premature labor that yesterday was really doing me in.

There's nothing worse is there . On one hand you are received to be at a viable stage but still it's terrifyingly early . Hopefully it is just achey stretchy pains .:hugs

On another note .......

HELLO THIRD TRIMESTER :happydance::happydance::happydance:

Welcome to 3rd tri Nordic!!! :happydance:

It is very scary. I am working on resting today as much as possible.

Welcome to 3rd tri Nordic!!! :happydance:

It is very scary. I am working on resting today as much as possible.

Definitely rest up and get your DH to take the reins for the evening. I was so so lucky with my preemie and even shocked the Dr's at going home on day 12 with a 32weeker. Even those 12 days were awful especially the first 48hrs when she was a poorly pup . I have the biggest respect for long term NICU mama's. It must be awful :nope: :cry:

I had a few ouchy BH that made my head spin earlier . But I'd just come back from the barn doing my horse , which is pretty physical , plus it was 3.5-4degs so pretty nippy. So i had a snack and put my feet up . Feeling better now :thumbup:

Sorry to hear about your scare, Krissie. I'm terrified anytime I have pains that seem rhythmic. At 20-22 weeks I had a couple of vomiting episodes. I had what felt like contractions and was really relieved when it was "just" vomiting. Is it possible you were dehydrated? I get painful Braxton Hicks when I am dehydrated.

I think bubs has flipped- I feel some pretty strong movements near the top of my bump. Strong enough that you can see them from the outside!

xanzaba- It could definitely be dehydration. I laid down on my left side and drank some water and that had seemed to help them ease up. I also wonder if it not because I sit on a yoga ball at work. The last three times I have done that seems to have been followed by cramps. I have decided to go back to my office chair just in case. I will probably pull it back out mid-January.

Baby is super active today so it seems she is fine. I have a doctor's appointment in a week so I plan to bring it up then.

Sorry to hear about your scare, Krissie. I'm terrified anytime I have pains that seem rhythmic. At 20-22 weeks I had a couple of vomiting episodes. I had what felt like contractions and was really relieved when it was "just" vomiting. Is it possible you were dehydrated? I get painful Braxton Hicks when I am dehydrated.

I think bubs has flipped- I feel some pretty strong movements near the top of my bump. Strong enough that you can see them from the outside!

What's your DD again ? Xxx

xanzaba- It could definitely be dehydration. I laid down on my left side and drank some water and that had seemed to help them ease up. I also wonder if it not because I sit on a yoga ball at work. The last three times I have done that seems to have been followed by cramps. I have decided to go back to my office chair just in case. I will probably pull it back out mid-January.

Baby is super active today so it seems she is fine. I have a doctor's appointment in a week so I plan to bring it up then.

How are you feeling now ?:hugs:

Nordic- my due date is technically 2/11 but I'll be induced, probably on 2/5. I know it's early to worry about the baby being breech, but the doctor said she's trying to avoid a c-section, because with a risk of clotting I shouldn't have surgery. I also just want to have 2 low-stress months of pregnancy after everything so I can enjoy the kicks and hiccups.

I'm 27 weeks today :happydance: third trimester already!!
I've dug all the clothes etc I've bought so far, so I can organise them into size order, so when I get to washing and putting them into the wardrobe, I can focus on the little sizes first :)
I have the midwife tomorrow, so am hoping to finally hear the heartbeat for the first time :cloud9: I'm not sure how she's laying, at our 20 week scan she was breech, but now I can't figure it out, it feels like her arms and legs are everywhere, she's like a little octopus :lol: :lol:

Had my 3 hour test today... The lab gave me the wrong drink and I drank 1/5th of it before we realized it was the wrong one... so I'm just crossing my fingers that extra sugar doesn't make me fail. :cry:

Also we FINALLY picked up a few pieces of clothes! :cloud9:
Still have to get bassinet, a car seat, baby monitor, diaper bag, bathing/first aid stuff and what not.... but all in good timing.

I have a sinus infection so bad right now that my right side of my face hurts to touch. It is so bad! I just need some relief!!!

Had my 3 hour test today... The lab gave me the wrong drink and I drank 1/5th of it before we realized it was the wrong one... so I'm just crossing my fingers that extra sugar doesn't make me fail. :cry:

Also we FINALLY picked up a few pieces of clothes! :cloud9:
Still have to get bassinet, a car seat, baby monitor, diaper bag, bathing/first aid stuff and what not.... but all in good timing.

Yay for baby gear! With our son we did everything so early. I bought, washed, sorted until I was so on top of everything. But it was also the summer, so working at a university that is my "down time". I don't have to teach, students tend to go on vacation etc. This time we have the holidays coming up and I am done teaching starting on the 8th. But we don't have the space that I had and I'm just completely exhausted. I'm sure I'll get a second wind as soon as I stop the 90 minute lectures. I get so out of breath that it makes me nervous during teaching, which makes preparing for teaching stressful. On top of that I have a grant deadline for the 8th, so things are very crazy. 9 more days!

Ugh, spent the morning in A+E (which is super crap because it's my work place) with shortness of breath. Had it since yesterday evening and really struggling to catch my breath. They thought it might be a blood clot but not convinced at the moment. Also my BP is up which is annoying. Supposed to be at work tomorrow but I'm not going in. Can't face 12.5 hours on my feet with no breath!!!

I hope it's nothing serious MrsLux and you are feeling better soon.

Colds are so miserable when you're pregnant. Hopefully you've found some relief Beth.

How is everyone doing? It's December! Only two more months for me, it is just so crazy.

I'm having work issues. There is another gal in the same position that does half the caseload and she gave her resignation for the end of Dec. Well at this point its nearly impossible to fill so I have no idea how that is gonna work out. I had set myself up to be almost done by Christmas break with only a few cases for when I came back in April but now that doesn't look feesible. I'm just so annoyed at how much I've worked to get sorted for this to happen. I'm hoping my director can at least contract someone part time but so far he hasn't had much luck.

Oh Krissie! That doesn't sound ideal at all, I hope they can contract that out so you aren't stressed or worrying while you are on leave!

I can't believe it is December!!! We have already set up our indoor Christmas Decorations, we usually do it right after Remembrance Day here and since I had that following Monday off that is when we did most of it. DS is in love with the decorations and my little Christmas Village, that keeps growing!
We are going to set up our outdoor decorations today even though most of our snow has melted this last week and the beautiful white Christmas I love might be a little brown! But the warm weather has been beautiful!

2 Months until my Due date! How did that happen.

To all of you who are fighting colds I hope you find some relief soon, I seem to have a constant mild cold that won't go away. We had Christmas Parties the last two weekends so we are hoping this weekend at home we will be able to recover, also hoping I can get lots of cleaning done before our December schedules fire up!

It is hard to believe that these babies could be making their arrival anytime now, hopefully they bake until term though!!

Hopeful- I am so jealous you have your Christmas up!! My DH said we can do it this weekend so I am hopeful. I love Christmas decorations and lights. We are also going to see the big Christmas light display Saturday night. DS just loves it so I am pretty excited to take him again this year. We usually go the weekend after Thanksgiving but it was raining this year. Tomorrow is suppose to snow so hopefully it isn't too bad as it is a walking path.

Hope all is well mrs lux.

Kristie how stressful :/

My h won’t let me put up Christmas decs until 16yh :(. I’m getting so big now I can hardly move properly :(.

My Christmas shopping is pretty much done how is everyone else doing? I’m heading to town over weekend to get small small bits from primark for oh stocking and a voucher for someone. Going to peak at the cheap pjs too for birthing and just after.

How’s everyone’s babies measuring? Mine currently on 90th centile big boy!:(

the 16th!!! I would get so impatient, I am always in a better mood when I can wake up and turn the christmas tree lights on and sit with a warm cup of tea or coffee and enjoy the lights!

I have barely started christmas shopping because we are so lost on what to get my in-laws. I guess I am about 30% done. Which is strange for me, I am usually almost done by now!

As far as baby measuring I am not sure, I haven't had a scan since 20 weeks, and according to my fundal measurement I am about 1.5 weeks ahead! A few of my friends have had babies in the last few weeks and I am now getting very anxious to meet this little one!

Been is hospital all day again today but they have ruled out a blood clot which is reassuring - although it looks like Il have to make friends with the breathlessness for the remainder of the pregnancy. Atleast I know it's nothing serious. Just baby girl making herself comfortable where my lungs should be!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->