February 2018 - Valentines Babies!

Congrats a few welcome to all the new BFP's x

I've had my second chemical but wish everyone a very happy & healthy 9 months. ❤️

Aw sorry to hear that babylights

Welcome all new BFPs!

Hopeful, yes glad someone can relate to the moodiness! Its not so bad today, thankfully for hubs lol

Had my first puke today after smelling the garbage this morning while making breakfast for my 2yo... luckily i made it to sink in time.. feeling better now and impatiently waiting for my appt on Thursday... i don't think they plan an u/s but I'm going to insist on hearing the HB... im hoping they let me with my mc history as i don't have nor plan to get a doppler

So sorry babylights. :hugs:

Swamp- can they even hear the hb with a Doppler this early? I thought it was closer to 9 weeks.

Afm, I have a beta tomorrow. I'm so nervous, I just can't shake this bad feeling. I'm sure it's just the anxiety from previous losses.

Anyone else crazy cranky? I swear I'm snapping at everyone. Been this way for at least a week.

Krissie, honestly i don't know, i just assumed since the heart starts beating around 6 weeks then they'll be able to find it.
I had an U/S with my first at around 7 weeks and got a heartbeat. Perhaps Ill ask for a u/s again then if a doppler can't pick it up yet

And yeah, i can understand the anxiety! My appt is Thursday and im sweatin it a bit too... hope all is good for you tomorrow, keep us posted!

So sorry babylights. :(

My midwife with my first told me it was still 50:50 whether they could find a heartbeat with the Doppler at 10 weeks as tiny babies are really good at hiding.

So sorry babylights :hugs:

I phoned the midwife yesterday and my booking appointment is on 28th June, I will be around 7 & 1/2 weeks by then. In Scotland they don't really do early scans or blood tests unless there is a problem as far as I know, so I have to wait! It's going to be a loooong 2 weeks!
Back in 2013 I had early scans at the EPU with DS2 as I had an early MC before him, they let me have a couple of scans, 7 & 9 weeks I think it was, just for reassurance.

I hope everyone is ok and enjoy seeing your little beans on those scans. Xxx

Ah babylights I'm sorry lovely xx

I booked my first midwife appointment yesterday too! So exciting!

How is everyone feeling? Anyone experiencing sickness yet?

I had my first booking appointment today :) I'm Scotland but because of my losses previously
I got bloods done and scan 28th which was pre arranged anyway :). I've been put on middle pathway but she presumes il go red in due course. She seemed happy enough with my diet and my medications so hopefully fingers crossed!!

Babylifhfs im so sorry x

I had my first OB appointment yesterday. I had an ultrasound and baby's Hb is 114bpm I'm measuring 2 days behind but she said baby should catch up by the next appointment in 4 weeks. She said baby and I are both healthy so all is well ❤ I hope you all get to see or hear your baby's hbs soon

Ah I love how you guys get to here baby's heartbeat so early, here in the UK the earliest we could listen would be 16 weeks but just recently they're trying To stop doing it as early as 16 weeks!

I once got to here my sons heartbeat at 9 weeks but I booked a private ultrasound for that.

I got my beta back today. It's gone up to 246 with a doubling time of 42.5 hours. Now I have my first ultrasound and prenatal appointment July 5th at exactly 8 weeks.

Hi all, I'm due (I think!) February 14th. Going off my calculations I am. I hope I am, it's a pretty good due date I think ;)

This is my fifth pregnancy and will be third baby, I have two DDs who are 5 and 2.

We don't use the doppler until people are at their 12 week appointment, and even then it's hit or miss, maybe 50/50. Sometimes we try at 8-9 weeks but it's rare to find it then.

Hi all, I'm due (I think!) February 14th. Going off my calculations I am. I hope I am, it's a pretty good due date I think ;)

This is my fifth pregnancy and will be third baby, I have two DDs who are 5 and 2.

That's my due date based on o day.

I seriously am starving all the time. With ds I hardly ate until third tri so this is quite different.

Yeah I'm happy to be able to get an early scan but it's only a reassurance scan because of the previous miscarriage. I would have to book a private scan if I had to wait til 12, 14 and 16 weeks! Whoa that's a while to wait.

Thought I was Jan 30 but EDD was confirmed as Feb 2!! But I always seem to go at 38+1 so this baby will most likely be Jan 21 - my baby sister's 27th birthday. None of my kids have their own birthdays. :/

Also, how the heck do you get those darn tickers to work?! I just get HTML code. :/

Sorry to everyone how is having a rough time at the moment and welcome to all the new ladies.

Feeling especially nauseous today. With my pregnancy that ended in mc, I hardly got nauseous at all after the first week or so, and on Monday and Tuesday this week I felt pretty good (which made me worry), so happy that the nausea is back and hoping it's a good sign.

I booked my private scan yesterday, it's for the 30th of this month, so I'll be 7+2 by then. I'm looking forward to just getting it out of the way. My private scan with my last pregnancy at 8 weeks was when we found out I'd had a mmc, so I know I will feel better knowing either way this time. The week after is a super busy, stressful week at work, so I'm hoping it puts my mind at ease so I can focus and not be preoccupied with whatever my body is doing. At the moment I feel so distracted with every weird twinge.

For those of you who had reassurance scans on the NHS, how did you get one? Did you just ask when you made your booking appt? I haven't called the midwives yet, but I'll have the same midwife I had last time (so she knows I had a mc recently). I'm with the home birth team (had a home birth with my daughter) and she's the midwife for my area as she just lives the next village over. I'm wondering if she might offer one? I would cancel my private scan then if it was a similar time. Just wondering if I should call and ask.

Wackymumof2 - To get your ticker working, you need the other code, not the html code. It's the one that starts with url. I forget what it's called, but it's the one that isn't html. I'm not sure why, but that one works.

MindUtopia - I had a loss before having my son and my midwife was really lovely she booked me in for a scan earlier than twelve weeks just to put my mind at ease, it will help a lot if you've got the same midwife because she will know your history etc.

I had an early scan at six weeks this time around but that was due to a heavy bleed.

MindUtopia, in my experience midwives have been pretty good about giving scans for past histories early on. By 7-8 weeks it can count as your dating scan (the CRL has to be at least 10mm to count, and the earlier ones that are at least 10mm are the most accurate) so it you spun it as "I'm not entirely sure of my dates and I need some reassurance" I'm sure it can be done. Fingers crossed for you. :) I'm usually against extra interventions, but I get super paranoid in the first trimester after having two losses myself -- so when I had bleeding the scan really helped reassure me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->