February 2018 - Valentines Babies!

I got a call from my doctor's nurse and apparently my bp has been good enough that I have been released back to work. I'm actually quite happy about that. Hopefully the numbers stay in check.

So this happened at 2am . After 12hrs of me contacting and getting more regular and painful I was taken for an emcs due to my placenta previa. It also turned out I had accreta. Surgery was three hours . I lost half my blood and was getting it transfused in whilst they tried to stop bleeding. My spinal wore off and I was put under. Not before suffering excruciating pain. Poor hubby was deathly pale but very calm. Baby Rhea Dorothy Wilson is 3lb3 , hc of 24cm , 40cm long. She initially made good respiratory effort and mewed like a little kitten. Was intubated after a few hours as she was just a tired wee soul. She's like a little doll. Heading back down shortly for the chaplain coming to give her a wee prayer and blessing :cloud9:

Attachments

• IMG_1576.jpg
    IMG_1576.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_1579.jpg
    IMG_1579.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_1588.jpg
    IMG_1588.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 17
Oh Nordic congratulations hunny she's beautiful!!!! Sounds like a scary birth! Hope you're both doing well. Keep us updated xxxxx

Oh how beautiful is she :cloud9: I hope you are all doing well, and congratulations!!! She was obviously very keen to meet you all, and to have her first Christmas! It must have been very scary for you :(

Congratulates, Rhea is lovely. She seems like a good weight too.

The birth does sound quite scary, but good you both seem to be doing well.

Oh my!! She is perfect, sending hugs and prayers to your family as well as strength over the next few weeks as she grows!!

Thank you 😊. I'm very sore as had internal massage of uterus and also lots of pulling and prodding to stop the bleeding. We were very lucky as it could have gone much worse . Ironically she's safer now than she would have been in another nine weeks. Anyway . I'm struggling to control pain just now . Hoping Drs can help me out soon . I'm just about into the baby blues tearful stage . Hand expressed some colostrum for her earlier but it's difficult as I have flattish nipplea and colostrum is hell to express. I have no issues pumping or feeding though thankfully . I've been asking for a pump since 9am . Keep getting fobbed off and told they'll be back in a minute . So I'm pissed as I've got a little girl who desperately needs my nourishment. Not even local to home to get mine as we were transferred to a level 3 NICU hospital. I just sat and watched her for two hours earlier . We had the hospital chaplain come and bless and anoint her ! It was lovely 😊 xxx she also peeks open one eye and holds my finger when I talk to her :cloud9:. She's like a tiny doll , so beautiful :cloud9:

Attachments

• IMG_1596.jpg
    IMG_1596.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_1603.jpg
    IMG_1603.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 19
Ahh!! Nordic she is absolutely perfect! Bring on the pictures, I am loving it!!

Oh wow Nordic congratulations she is beautiful! I hope it gets better soon for you and hopefully they get sorted ASAP with pumps etc for you to feed her xx

Nordic- I hope you feel better soon and they have got you a pump.

Congratulations Nordic!!! She's stunning! <3 She seems to have lots of hair for her gestation too! Precious :cloud9:

Congrats Nordic. I hope Rhea gets stronger each day.

Wow our first baby! Huge congratulations and hope she has a smooth journey through NICU x

Aww Nordic she's beautiful!! Congratulations! I hope your pain eases soon and you get the pump. She's doing so well that's great I can't wait to see more pictures and hear about both of your progress &#10084;

OMG Nordic!!!!!!! I just came by as I saw the other day you had bleeding, I wanted to check you were ok! Look what happened!!!!! OMG!!! Congratulations xxxxx
Sounds like you have been through the wars but Im so glad youvare both doing ok. Much love xxx

Congratulations, Nordic. She's beautiful. I hope she gets strong quickly and that you can take her home before too long.

Hey ladies thank you so much for all the well wishes etc :hugs: . Rhea is doing well all things considering. She came off the ventilator and is on high flow just now. She's had one 24hr session under the lights . As expected she may need more. She is coping well with her feeds and is getting 4.5ml through her NGT every two hours! My milk is in so it's a lot easier to express now . I'm absolutely exhausted and desperately want my own bed. We're obviously far from home and Rhea will be here until after New year. Hopefully then she'll be ready to transfer back to our hospital that can care for a level I/II preemie. Then it'll be a matter of getting her feeds up and weight gain satisfactory . :hugs:

Anyone else feel like their bump stopped growing? I stepped on the scale today and I am down 2 pounds from 2 weeks ago, and I was looking at my bump from 3 weeks ago and from today and they look about the same size. The weight loss might just be from the stomach flu. I've attached them here- what do you ladies think? I have a growth scan tomorrow, so I think I'm just getting paranoid.

Attachments

• Photo on 11-27-17 at 2.24 PM.jpg
    Photo on 11-27-17 at 2.24 PM.jpg
    24.6 KB · Views: 5
  • Photo on 12-18-17 at 1.39 PM #2.jpg
    Photo on 12-18-17 at 1.39 PM #2.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 5
My bump is out of control! My mom even mentioned I look like I'm due any day. :trouble:

I have a growth scan on Wednesday.

Xan- you look lovely. Hopefully your growth scan tomorrow goes well.

Stormy- I'm getting tons of comments. I'm huge and really feel it now. My doctor says no more than 6 weeks left but even that is sounding dreadful.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->