February 2018 - Valentines Babies!

Xan- my prenatals only have 800. Hopefully you are on the right track now.

Stormy- that does sound so stressful. :hugs:

Stormy- that sounds difficult. I hope everything comes back good, and that they find the issue and that it's something that's easily controlled. We've been lucky our doctors are pretty accommodating, but even so between the pediatrician, OBGYN, MFM, and hematologist it seems like I'm always in some waiting room. And that's not including any of DH's appointments that I don't go to.

Bittersweet- sorry you're still having the contractions, but glad baby is staying put for now.

Just saw your update bittersweet. You sound exhausted. I hope they can get you some relief soon..

How is everyone today.

Bittersweet any updates?

Nordic how is little Rhea doing?

Things are okay still
Contracting but I might get home tomorrow!! Someone in the ward (l and d ward where I was Wednesday to early hours of this morning) contracted flu so I have to get extra meds now as I had a high level of exposure to her

Still not home but fingers crossed tomorrow I will be. I have an irritable uterus x

Just madness I hope to get home but also hope they will induce at 37 weeks o can manage if I have a goal in my head

I hope that u can be discharge home soon BitterSweet to celebrate the holidays, must be awful not having any rest.

Can’t believe I’m due in 7 weeks. I am getting an induction at 39 weeks so we can prepare for the childcare of our older kids. We have no family here and difficult to rely on anyone to watch over children when I go into labor. Fortunately, OB was fully-supportive and knows the risk of letting me drive myself to labor or wait for a cab when we are in a semi-rural town. Hence, kids will have stay in daycare while I give birth. Hopefully, it will be quick and Dh can see the birth before he has to return and pick up the kids from daycare. They closed at 6:30pm so I have around 7-10 hours to give birth, depends when docs can come to the hospital to induce me.

Well, at least I had a few days off these holidays to wash baby’s clothes and sheets and prep my mummy bag.

Hope you've all had a nice Christmas with your bumps x

I got home yesterday battled through today pain is sore but I’m managing just! Merry
Christmas

Bittersweet- I hope the contractions ease off a bit. I'm glad you got home for the holiday!

Nordic- how's your LO?

We had a nice Christmas. DS got plenty of presents and really liked playing with them. Maybe a bit too much, he got distracted before opening all of them so we have a couple we'll keep for when the baby arrives.

On Thursday I noticed a bump in my groin, near the lymph nodes. I've had swollen nodes in the past, but this one's a bit painful. I can't tell if it's because it hits my underwear or what, but I have an appointment on Thursday. I'm a little concerned it could be related to a clot, since I'm at risk and I missed a dose of blood thinners last week. Hopefully it'll go away before the appointment and I won't have to deal with it.

Bittersweet- that's good they let you go home. But it really sucks you're still in so much pain. Have they talked any about inducing you earlier?

Xanzaba- I hope its nothing serious.

We had a nice low key Christmas yesterday. Ds got a wooden train set which is all he wanted. He played and played all day. It was so lovely.

I have a nst this morning. I'm fairly certain I was getting contractions early this morning but they have fizzled out now.

Back in hospital with cramping back pain. And nausea including sickness pains are stronger and more regular.

We had a nice holiday. DD had more allergy testing today and blood test results... still unsure what is causing her allergic reactions. :(

My mother and I got into it pretty badly... now I'm stressing over what to do with DD when I go into labor. :dohh: :wacko:

What are you all planning to do with your older children? We live an hour from any of my family... I'm an only child, and not close with any cousins or aunts and uncles ect. We are 4.5 hours from DH's family. :shrug:

Bittersweet- I hope all is okay with you. :hugs:

I hope they figure out her allergies soon. That would be so frustrating and scary to not know.

My son will be going with my mom if she is off or with my friend. Both regularly watch him when I am working so he is comfortable either way. He also sleeps overnight at my mom's 1-2 times a month so he will stay with her the first night so dh can be at the hospital.

Afm, I need to get my bags packed this week. And clean the infant carseat. Those are the only items left on my to do list. :happydance:

I've had a lot of braxton hicks and painful cramping in the last few days.

I've been having loads of BH's lately! I also packed up most of the baby's hospital bag yesterday. I'll wait to pack mine as I only really plan on bringing a phone charger and maybe a nightgown and robe... all things I need until birth lol.

I ordered 2 dozen cloth diaper prefolds in newborn/infant size and two more diaper covers. I've been sewing up some breast pads and diaper wipes out of some old hand me down receiving blankets.

We finally got our car seat in so we will need to install that fairly soon. Everything seems to be coming together.

Even before my mom 'disowned' me... (for the STUPIDEST reason) she wanted to be in the room at birth (even though I didn't want her to be) and told me she wouldn't watch DD anyway. :wacko:

I'm thinking I'll ask my best friend to keep an eye on her if needed. Lowkey hoping to be induced so I'll know what date to prepare for with DD's schooling and whatnot.

Aww stormy sorry you and your mum fell out :(.

I have been discharged again and they said my cervix is fully effaced just a waiting game now p

I have the same problem, except all our families are overseas. I am not sure if anyone could come to help us, only my mother has a visa right now, but she said she is too busy to make the trip. My dad is sick and will undergo surgery in a few weeks. My in-laws do not have any money, and we just bought our new house and a 7-seater and have maxed out our cc. I am getting an induction at 39 weeks so my kids can go to daycare while DH takes me to my induction.

We had a nice holiday. DD had more allergy testing today and blood test results... still unsure what is causing her allergic reactions. :(

My mother and I got into it pretty badly... now I'm stressing over what to do with DD when I go into labor. :dohh: :wacko:

What are you all planning to do with your older children? We live an hour from any of my family... I'm an only child, and not close with any cousins or aunts and uncles ect. We are 4.5 hours from DH's family. :shrug:

Stormy- sorry to hear about the fall out with your mom. That's just terrible timing. I refuse to have anyone other than DH and med staff in the room.

I hope you're feeling better bittersweet.

Lian- that sounds like a difficult situation. Hopefully it all works out as planned.

I've noticed a distinct rise in my blood sugar the last week or so. I've spent all day very frustrated. I have a doctor's appt tomorrow so might try to discuss it then. My endo cancelled my appt yesterday so I won't get to see him until Tuesday.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->