February 2018 - Valentines Babies!

I'm so sorry babybrain :hugs:

I had another growth scan, nst, and midwife appointment today. And my group B swab. :( BP was very slightly elevated. I had the midwife check my waters as I thought I had been peeing myself a lot lately... turns out it isn't water or pee... just lots of thin discharge lol. That was fun and not embarrassing at all.

Sorry to hear that babybrain.

I often thought I wanted three children but I am so so done after this little lady. I'm not afraid to admit I don't enjoy being pregnant. Having said that I will probably miss it! Right now I am cherishing time spent with just me hubby and DS before we become a complete family of 4. Will be looking into hubby getting a vasectomy also.

Aww baby brain so sorry to hear :( xx

Krissie I’m really hopeful I know it’s whats best for baby to be in there cooking but he’s measuring almost 7lbs in weight already and has had the steroids so realistically I can’t see why they would say no

So sorry babybrain I know how hard consecutive losses are.

Hope everyone had a good new year.

Can I ask you ladies how much outfits and all in 1s have you bought in nb, up to 1 month and 0-3? Also what do you think on swaddle suits?

Scary if I go roughly same time as my daughter I could go in just over 7 weeks 🙈

I have maybe 10 in each size? Also I am from same country as you and was told not allowed to swaddle but I’m going to do it if baby likes it as I have blankets etc. Apparently can do a version where their hands are out a bit

I'm so sorry, baby brain.

I'm not sure what is going on, but I've been getting achy arms and legs. I thought it was fatigue as DS started waking up early for a while now, but it's getting worse and worse. Last night it woke me up and I couldn't get back to sleep and had to take acetaminophen. Today I have it full force again. I don't think fatigue pains would wake you up from sleep. On top of everything, DS's canines just broke through, so he's back to sleeping until 6:30 in the mornings. Anybody had this? I've read it can be a sign of labor, and I'm half hoping/half dreading an early delivery (I'm 35w4d today).

When did swaddling become a no no? My midwifes have swaddled all my babies since the min they were born.

Had my midwife today. Wee man is doing good. I'm showing sign of infection. Baby is starting to engage and I'm getting loads of very regular very strong braxton hicks/contractions and because I'm looking bits of plug I've to keep a close eye on any signs of labour!

Lots of stuff happening in here lately!

I swaddled my son and it was the only way he would sleep. I completely plan to swaddle this time too.

We have 6 nb footy jammies and about 12 0-3. I also have a few onsies in 0-3.

I've been having tons of bh lately. I've been feeling really unwell the last two days. I'm really struggling with dizziness/headaches today.

I'm definitely going to swaddle!
I've only got a few newborn onesies as I have big babies so will get more if I need them when he's born and got about 10 in other sizes. I haven't bought anything past 0-3 months!

I am so sorry BabyBrain!!!

I have around 5 Newborn sleepers and a handful of Newborn onesies and pants. DS never fit newborn, so unless baby comes early I doubt he will either as he has measured big the whole time.
we have a ton of 0-3 months and 3-6 months from DS and then also we had a bunch given to us this time around. I would say 15-20 sleepers of each size!! thankfully we shouldn't have to buy much for baby this time around.

Just had my midwife appointment, heart rate around 138 and baby has dropped very low! 36 weeks today!

I hope everyone has a great day!

I have 2 newborn gowns- the ones that don't have a waist at all so that the bellybutton can heal. In the hospital they gave us a few little kimono tops that he wore with just diapers, but that was August in Florida. DS was 9lbs 5oz, so we didn't really have any other newborn clothes, but this "little" guy is just measuring in the 60th percentile, so I bought a couple more 0-3month clothes. I don't really see much difference between 0-3 and the newborn clothes, especially some brands that tend to run small. DS outgrew 0-3 months in his first month- he gained 4 pounds and 2 inches in a month, and was 20 pounds by his 4 month check up!

I have entirely too many newborn clothes... I'll have to go count in a minute... but 90% are second hand, so I won't be too upset if she doesn't end up wearing them all lol. She's around the 34th percentile so I'm sure she will get to wear at least some of them. We've only bought 4 NB sleepers and 3ish 0-3m sleepers ourselves.

Just did a quick estimate count as they are all folded and stacked 2 deep. There's at least 40 NB onesies... :blush: and about 10 sleepers and gowns.

Kirsty they told me that at both my ante natal classes. I think babies look very cute swaddled so going to lol. Unless he hates it.

I’ve been in serious nesting mode anyone else? House has been gutted and cleaned, car hoovered and washed, windows washed, oven cleaned. Up to date with washing as well. Got my hair cut so that it’s ny needing done whilst he’s still very small. Car booked for MOT next week on Friday.

I think I’m trying to distract myself I keep contracting every 10-30 mins just depends. I’m very anxious the doctor on Monday will refuse to induce next week but at points I’m unable yo do anything whilst I contract it’s so painful. Other times just a mild twinge. Given my cervix was fully effaced I will struggle if she refuses. Especially if I’m told to wait it out because quite frankly that’s cruel and my worry intensifies thinking about baby getting tired. His movements are a little slower but again I’ve been very active so ta hard to tell if that’s why

Gosh!! I've been away for so long :(, My apologies for the massive hiatus! This pregnancy has really been brutal on me compared to my son's!

Okay, we'll start from the beginning! Offered GTT at 30 weeks due to BMI..which thank goodness turned out negative! But they still wanted me to have growth scans every 4 weeks due to me being a smoker before I got pregnant :/ (completely quit when I found out), at 17+3 we found out were team pink :D

Fast forward to 31 weeks and I'm so itchy..i can scratch until my skin bleeds!, bloods done for obstetric cholestatis! Come back levels are elevated!, another set of bloods taken..levels still elevated, So prescribed urso acid twice a day! Infection markers are also coming back positive!, recently diagnosed with cyclomegalovirus..which is basically the coldsore virus which has layed dormant in my body for many years, being pregnant has reactivated the virus :/ consultant didn't seem too worried about this!

So all in all, I'm having my baby nearly 2 weeks early due to the OC and CMV in my system..ill be 38+3 delivering by elective c section..on 7th February!

I'm so nervous :( but pleased an end is in sight! :lol:

Well ladies my waters have gone! 12am I woke up to a fish of something tonight it was pee couldn’t stop it waited ran to bathroom whilst shouting on OH to hell. Kept dripping put a pad on and called hospital. So in now being monitored waters keep coming :(

Well ladies my waters have gone! 12am I woke up to a fish of something tonight it was pee couldn’t stop it waited ran to bathroom whilst shouting on OH to hell. Kept dripping put a pad on and called hospital. So in now being monitored waters keep coming :(

Keep us updated! You're the same exact gestation as I am. I guess all that nesting was a sign of impending labor. :flower:

Stormy definitely and really bad acid reflux for about 5 days at night. So glad it’s almost over to be honest! I’m managing on 0 pain relief at the moment but these are painful contractions!

Good luck bittersweet. I hope things go smoothly for you.

Buddy- welcome back. It sounds like things have beem rough. I hope they settle down.

Afm, I was sent to L&D again yesterday for high bp,.severe headache, and upper right abdomen pain. But of course my bp chilled and all my labs were fine so I was released home. I had contractions for about 5-6 hours every 3-5 mins but those fizzled out by bedtime. I really hope my induction talk goes well Monday. I need a date to look forward to at this point.

Good luck Bittersweet! Thinking about you, hope everything goes ok x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->