February 2018 - Valentines Babies!

I can’t take anything with hormones because of the risk of blood clots. We planned on using condoms after DS (oops!). And I’m afraid the implant would be a bad choice for me because I have a very active immune system. I don’t want to put DH through the risk of vasectomy for certain reasons, and really it’s me who is at risk if I get pregnant again. I’ve had blood clots, a pulmonary embolism, and had to give myself daily shots throughout this pregnancy. I think I’ll tell my doctor if there is any life and death situation for the baby I want to hold off.

Still unsure what to do with contraception after birth. My mum was actually insisting for me to get my tubes tied at the same time. I said I am worried of the side effects, and tried to change the topic. She was pushy citing she was ok after it, and said all my aunts did the same. I said, I don’t know if tubal ligation is for me. One of the reasons why she probably is not helping us for this birth, and she opted to take a vacation somewhere else. Well, she can really be childish and a narcissist. Anyway, I am sure that I do not want another baby, I am just not ready to do anything drastic and permanent, after all I suffered through 5 years of infertility before I had my first born.

Any new arrivals? I am booked in to be induced in 8 days! (have to edit, I’m scheduled on the 13th).

Still unsure what to do with contraception after birth. My mum was actually insisting for me to get my tubes tied at the same time. I said I am worried of the side effects, and tried to change the topic. She was pushy citing she was ok after it, and said all my aunts did the same. I said, I don’t know if tubal ligation is for me. One of the reasons why she probably is not helping us for this birth, and she opted to take a vacation somewhere else. Well, she can really be childish and a narcissist. Anyway, I am sure that I do not want another baby, I am just not ready to do anything drastic and permanent, after all I suffered through 5 years of infertility before I had my first born.

Any new arrivals? I am booked in to be induced in 8 days! (have to edit, I’m scheduled on the 13th).

Oh Lian, that is hard. My mom can be like that, I have to find ways to ask her for help (sometimes that I don't need) so that she feels useful and happy. For instance, she bought a toy sheep for DS and I asked her to find a similar toy for this baby. She has all these rules we don't care about (it has to be white) so she feels like it's an important task.

I have a c-section schedule for 28 hours from now, the nerves have started. I'm pacing the house and trying to stay busy.

Yep in another one who’s mum is like that. She’s been so pushy over formula feeding even though I’ve hosed to Brewster feed bar 1 feed at night ;started at hospitaltk gain weight and now it means I get a few hours sleep) my mum watched baby to let me rest and despite me being upstairs fed him formula without my permission when I had specifically said not to. So now she gets asked to helpnwtb housework or to soothe baby instead of full on watching him

DD is fantastic with LO. She always asks before touching her and still makes sure to wash her hands.

She finally got over the flu and did far none of the rest of us caught it.

Xan - I hope your c section goes smoothly ❤

DS was born Monday at 13:13, weighing 8lbs 9oz and measuring 20.5 inches. We’re both doing well though the pain is bad 3 days later. Trying to take it easy and heal, and we’re going home tomorrow.

DS was born Monday at 13:13, weighing 8lbs 9oz and measuring 20.5 inches. We’re both doing well though the pain is bad 3 days later. Trying to take it easy and heal, and we’re going home tomorrow.

Congrats on your little guy. <3 I hope the pain eases up for you soon.

Congratulations Xan, seems like a big boy, weight-wise. Rest easy, hopefully the wounds will heal quickly.
——
AFm, just a few more days till induction. I will go to L&D on the evening of the 12th to start of with the gel, then oxytocin in the morning, if baby is not yet out then. Hopefully, we can birth by noon of the 13th.

Congratulations!!!

Congratulations!!! It's so exciting that the baby count is going up now, it still feels so long til I'm due!! I'm so uncomfortable now, the thought of another 3 weeks makes me want to cry!!

Thanks, Ladies! He is such a doll, I can&#8217;t believe how much I love him so soon. With DS1 I was so sick and had to see so many doctors that I think the bonding took a little longer. Wednesday I was breastfeeding and talking to this little guy when he stopped, opened his eyes and looked at my face. He just lied in my arms looking at me for a while.

We came home yesterday afternoon to some drama. DS1 woke up screaming from a nap. Poor little guy has an ear infection and we have to keep the two separated for 3 days. The doctor gave him a shot of antibiotics and he was looking better by dinnertime. He is so cute, it&#8217;s so hard to not to be able to pick him up and hug him. I&#8217;m relying on others to pick him up, then I kiss him, wash my hands, and have to get back to the baby.

Awww congratulations Xan. Sorry to hear about DS1 not feeling well though. That's how it was when DD1 got the flu. We had to quarantine her.

Awww congratulations Xan. Sorry to hear about DS1 not feeling well though. That's how it was when DD1 got the flu. We had to quarantine her.

Did the quarantine work? So far so good here, but it’s scary to think of a newborn getting the flu or even just a cold.

Did the quarantine work? So far so good here, but it’s scary to think of a newborn getting the flu or even just a cold.

Yes thankfully. But we missed out on DD1's 6th birthday and losing her first tooth &#128557; it was rough!

Stormy, must be awful for your older daughter to catch the flu at this time, hopefully she bounce back quickly.

Afm, induction is less than 24 hours away. We still cannot decide on a name, well, we have some boy names, but not satisfied on our girl picks. We will also have a busy day today, DH is going to work, I have to also finish some paperwork for my leave, kinder and day care drop-offs, pick-ups, then nap for kids before checking in to the L&D. Not to mention, I have been getting regular, painful Braxton-hicks the last 3 nights, sometimes so painful that I think it’s the real thing. &#128541;

Good luck lian! So pleased to see babies on their way!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->