February Fruitcakes! Looking for bump buddies due feb 2012

where did you find a pattern to make them as they are gorgeous :)

I've not posted ina long time as this pregnancy is hard work - i get over one thing and then another crops up - currently in my second week of flu/cold and daily headaches :(

Still not all bad - have reached V-day, scan predicts a baby brother for Dan, Dan is off the bottle and in a big bed though too attached to his duvet for my liking! also Dan is beggining to come out with cute sentances like "I live here" (walking to front door last night) and "Mum I'm ready" (getting car packed for an outing to town)

Aww bless - your little boy sounds cute :kiss: Can you not let him keep his cot duvet as a blankie to cuddle and introduce a proper size duvet as a sort of extra :shrug:

For the nappies I bought a couple of tots bots teenyfit and copied their size and shape as a pattern. Don't think they will fit for long though :cry: Soooo....

had to put a wee notions order in :blush: for some one size birth to potty. Cannot wait for them to arrive - so excited :happydance:

Hope you feel better soon - I too am dragging myself through the day at the moment and longing for my bed and some peace and quiet! Thankfully the headache phase has passed - hope yours does soon, its not fun :hugs: Paracetamol does bugger all - if someone offers it to me in labour I swear I will punch them lol!

My birthday is the 6th of Feb, and our little baby girl is due to arrive around the 20th.

Hey ladies, it has been a while.

How is everyone feeling? I am basically just tired and sore a lot. But have more energy than earlier in the pregnancy. So that's nice. Plus I've been seriously nesting... baking and cooking up a storm.

Can't wait to hear how everyone is!

Hey

I also have lots of energy at the mo! I am trying to make the most of it as Im sure it wont last! I am walking to work as much as poss.

I am suffering with quite a lot of back pain though! And neck pain too as I cant seem to sleep comfortably any more! We bought one of those sleep geni pillows but it takes some getting used to ! And i feel a bit trapped by it - cos its a bit of an effort to flip it round so you can sleep on the other side!

Everyone around the 23/24 week mark enjoying their movements? Lol its so magical but it does verge on annoying at times - like when im trying to sleep! Wouldnt change it for the world obv! xxx

Yeah my girl is definitely more awake when I am trying to sleep :haha: Norty wiggle monkey!

Finding it hard to fit much food in at once now - I've become a grazer (a constant one judging by the size of my arse!). My spine also appears to be separating from my pelvis - ouch! I am going to be a cripple by 3rd tri. Cannot believe we only have a matter of weeks left in second tri - feels like its flown by.

Got my pram ordered today. Went for the mothercare spin - does everything we want. Got carseat ordered as well. All very exciting looking at this stuff and thinking there is going to be a "mini-us" in there soon :happydance:

Just had a midwife appointment - she says I should start doing kick counts now and should fee 10 movements a day. According to my blackberry app after a meal she moves once a minute...wrigglebum!

DAMN IT! I had my 1 hour Glucose test and my results were 136. So now I have to go in Monday for a 3 hour Glucose test to see if I have gestational diabetes. :( Fingers crossed.

On no! 136 isn't that high (I think 130 is considered top end of normal range here) - hopefully you just ate something sugary before your appointment which caused it to be a little high :thumbup:

Remember to graze on healthy snacks to keep your blood sugar levels constant. Fingers and toes crossed for you today XX

Hiya Lellis
I have a Glucose tolerence test at 28 weeks next Friday.

I have to skip brekkie (hard enough!) then have some sugary drink - then they take my blood 2 hours later to see how it responds. Not looking forward to it- mainly just hoping that it is normal as I dont want to have to be taking insulin at the end of this pregnancy!

How are your bumps coming along? I have realised that my back pain is mainly due to the way I am walking - I seem to lean back sllightly - perhaps to make up for the in balance I now have with a nearly 3lber in my belly! Does anyone else have this problem? xx

My bump is enormous lol! I am measuring 2 weeks ahead and she's definitely had a growth spurt in the last few days. The maternity belly bar has had to come out - its now a slit rather than a hole, like my belly button has an eyebrow :haha:

The belly button is just about hanging on to its innie shape, but if I laugh (usually when I'm watching her squiggle) it pops out! Cannot believe how strong and big our babies are now :happydance: Anyone else get a poke back if they prod their tummies?

I'm definitely waddling now Fuschia. I've found clenching my butt cheeks as I walk seems to help my posture :blush: Not attractive though! Either my back is aching or my bump feels like its ripping at the top.

Anyone else going for a 4D scan? I've got mine at 27+5 - hope to see our little Esme's chubby face in all its glory. Has she been cursed with daddys conk or mommys beak ....da...da......dum .......! :rofl:

Cannot believe we are all days away from THIRD TRI woohoo! :hugs:

I am getting my 3d scan a week today ! I can't wait - I also want to check all is ok in there ! I have started becoming paranoid again ! I think it's thanks to a stupid dreM I had where I had a scan and they told me my baby was really frail and weak cos she wasnt getting any nutrients ! I guess it's me practising to be a mummy with all this worrying !

I will officially be in the 3rd tri tomorrow - I think it's been great having this group as we started chatting so early !

My back ache has stopped now I'm trying to walk a bit more with my back angled forward slightly ! It's the opposite of how u expect a pregnant woman to walk ! Xxx

I will officially be in the 3rd tri tomorrow - I think it's been great having this group as we started chatting so early !

Crazy isn't it?! Just think.....22 pages ago we had waistlines :rofl:

I shall be waddling over to third tri in 4 days. Save me a seat!

Hey guys - thought I would pop a couple of pics on from my 3D scan.
She wasnt very co-operative! The cord was in front of her face at first, and she had her legs up by her face pretty much the whole time!

I kept seeing what I thought was a hand - but it was a foot!

Anyway - was just magical to see her and have the DVD of her- although she didnt do much at all! I think she saves it all for when im in bed!

Also was great to find out she is doing ok and is the right size! My little Evie is about 2 and a half pounds now! I think thats quite substantial!

Hope you are all getting on well!? xxx

Attachments

• 1_26.jpg
    1_26.jpg
    18.8 KB · Views: 3
  • 1_30.jpg
    1_30.jpg
    20.5 KB · Views: 2
Aww! She is beautiful fuschia!! :hugs: Love her name too. A proper little baby- look at those cheeks :flower:

Does it feel more real now? I still have to pinch myself sometimes.

Can't wait to share my little monkey with you all tomorrow. Like you fuschia, she only seems to really get a wriggle on when I'm settling down for the night lol! Might have to munch a choccy bar before!

Awww she is ADORABLE!!! How amazing.

I am currently having the next fun symptom. My left foot and ankle are very swollen whereas my right is completely fine. I called my doctor and am waiting for a call back to make sure I shouldn't be worried.

Little bugger didn't cooperate for my scan. :haha: Need to go back for a rescan in few weeks.

You know when you get corrugated ankles from socks - well by the end of the day I kind of have bloated legs above where the socks have cut in and fine below lol!

Hope your one lumpy leg is better soon lellis :hugs: The glamour of pregnancy :rofl: How do celebs manage to look like their normal selves with a tiddly bump :shrug:

Lellis & fuschia- how did your glucose tests go? Hope everyone is ok apart from the hideous bloating and backache :flower:

Aww sorry to hear that imagine! Hey at least you get to go and see her again soon ! I'm now counting down to dec 22nd for 34 week scan with nhs :)

My GTT results came back normal so that's encouraging !

I also have the sock marks at the end of the day ! I've started only wearing ankle socks to avoid this !

I'm just so shattered - when I get home I just collapse on the sofa ! Just poping to the shops feels like a struggle ! Not to mention getting home and traipsing up to our 3rd floor flat!

So have you got most of your bits now ? What pram are u going for ? Xxx

Good news on your test :happydance: How come you get a 34 week scan? I'm jealous!!

Either way I will join you in the countdown to Dec 22nd as it is my last day of work woooooohoooooo :happydance: Feeling sooo heavy and tired and breathless and bloated arrghhh, the list goes on :haha: And fed up of helpful people telling me "its only going to get worse", well yeah, clearly!

We went for the mothercare spin pram in black jacquard in the end. Love it!

Nursery should be finished by this weekend. My old cot my dad made by hand is being renovated and new mattress bought. We have moses basket from a friend (again needs new matress). She already has enough clothes to sink a ship all folded away. Just need to make some more cloth nappies and sort out a birth pool for my planned homebirth . Phew!! Nearly there!

Anyone written a birth plan yet?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->