February Love Bugs

There is a due in February 2017 UK group on fb, I thought I'd join it anyway :haha:
I must admit I'm shocked I don't have more symptoms other than being constantly exhausted and ridiculously bloated x

Yay for the name change! It's my baby's birthday today, well no baby as he's 4 today!
A busy week ahead, birthday today, party Saturday

How is everyone today

Just took some sena hopefully my tummy problem is constipation

2nd time senna is def contraindicated with pregnancy, it causes contractions in order to push the contents of your colon out. Phsilliym caps are a stool softener a that don't cause strong contractions, and really help with constipation.

Also if you're constipated look at the iron in your prenatal. They often put really difficult to digest iron in prenatals. I take one without iron and take an iron supplement separately. 75% of constipation during pregnancy is thanks to prenatal iron tabs. The good stuff iron that prevents ADD, ADHD, and learning disabilities is Floridix, Spatone, and Proferrin. Add to orange juice and bam, no constipation but your blood will carry that much needed oxygen to baby. Anemia in third tri thanks to crappy iron supplements is the no. 1 cause of ADD, ADHD and cognitive disabilities. And how many kids have you heard of these days diagnosed with ADD & stuff like that. It seems like every other kid on the block...thanks to something totally preventable.

Another frer this morning, got one left and a digi for the end of the week. Line looks darker today I think so I'm feeling happier! :)

Not buying any more tests!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    24.7 KB · Views: 4
2nd time senna is def contraindicated with pregnancy, it causes contractions in order to push the contents of your colon out. Phsilliym caps are a stool softener a that don't cause strong contractions, and really help with constipation.

Also if you're constipated look at the iron in your prenatal. They often put really difficult to digest iron in prenatals. I take one without iron and take an iron supplement separately. 75% of constipation during pregnancy is thanks to prenatal iron tabs. The good stuff iron that prevents ADD, ADHD, and learning disabilities is Floridix, Spatone, and Proferrin. Add to orange juice and bam, no constipation but your blood will carry that much needed oxygen to baby. Anemia in third tri thanks to crappy iron supplements is the no. 1 cause of ADD, ADHD and cognitive disabilities. And how many kids have you heard of these days diagnosed with ADD & stuff like that. It seems like every other kid on the block...thanks to something totally preventable.

Those "stuff" you talk about are genetic! My son has asd and I often get people try to tell me what does and doesn't cause it, and I'm sorry people looking from the outside in haven't a clue, I've people try make me feel bad say its diet what ever you wanna blame it on. End of the day I live with it I breath it. My son got it through our bloods, my dad undiagnosed has asd, I am sure I am on the spectrum too. No amount of meds will prevent those things.
I don't mean to sound bitchy or hormonal but it is a subject that really irks me because people on the outside don't know what it's like having the whole world look in and start the blame game! And I realise you didn't say asd but adhd and add belong to the same branch.

Another frer this morning, got one left and a digi for the end of the week. Line looks darker today I think so I'm feeling happier! :)

Not buying any more tests!

Yay much darker! :happydance:

Those "stuff" you talk about are genetic! My son has asd and I often get people try to tell me what does and doesn't cause it, and I'm sorry people looking from the outside in haven't a clue, I've people try make me feel bad say its diet what ever you wanna blame it on. End of the day I live with it I breath it. My son got it through our bloods, my dad undiagnosed has asd, I am sure I am on the spectrum too. No amount of meds will prevent those things.
I don't mean to sound bitchy or hormonal but it is a subject that really irks me because people on the outside don't know what it's like having the whole world look in and start the blame game! And I realise you didn't say asd but adhd and add belong to the same branch.

It's on the WHO website. Iron carries the oxygen on your blood. When you're anemic during pregnancy you slowly starve the baby's brain of oxygen causing developmental & cognitive delays. ADD, ADHD, and learning disabilities are prime examples of outcomes. I'll try to find the studies for you.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3140638/ Pg 7-8 but they only mention cognitive delays, the WHO website elaborated into specific school age problems when I read it years ago.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3779843/ Pg 9-10 talk about specifics like lower IQ, slow cognitive & motor skills, and reduced attention span.

Just checked nhs website and senna is safe in small doses in all but third trimester. I only took half a table anyhow . Although reading that post freaked me out.

No thanks! Im good :thumbup: you can also do damage by taking too much iron! So basically damned if you do or dont, but i know the reality verse what you read online and i can tell you every parent with a child like mine would agree, you can do all the research you want end of the day i live it! Never was anemic, only issue i had was high blood pressure due a none pregnancy issue. My son was always gonna be autistic, no amount of diet change would of changed that outcome, i think his birth excelled the severity of his asd. But to be honestits just scare mongering and makes parents like us feel like crap. We carry enough guilt its taken me years to forgive myself and believe i did nothing wrong. I ate healthy, walked regularly, took my pre natals, no iron issues. Not really wanting to debate with you but its a bigger world than just some numbers and possibilities on some page im not having a go, just sticming up for myself and other parents like me :flower: and setting the real information right for those that might be reading

Redrose you can believe whatever you like although ypu've made claims without posting anything to back your info. I wouldn't dare argue with someo e who lives and walks with cognitive impairments - you prob do know more about it than the info in the studies. Do you think by posting studies about the effects of anemia during pregnancy I'm trying to change your mind? I could care less really. But most women do want to take care during their pregnancies and seeing that low iron/anemia (and low folic acid the other) have some of the most detrimental effects, it's good information. But you're free to do whatever you like. I appreciate the help the ladies gave me on b&b in my first pregnancy and ironically I didn't see pure info met with such negativity. I'm sorry this has been upsetting for you.

The information part is fine, but the way you said the amount kids diagnosed with such things as if it is the parents fault that is what upset me! Especially when you've not one bit of know how except what you've read online. I'm not trying to start and argument maybe unless your a parent you just won't understand how it feels to have others point the finger. Anaemia will not be the cause of your child's asd add and adhd that's all I'm saying, my son was tested and I was told it was genetic. And maybe I am overreacting but like I said it's a sore spot for me and I can't help but say my part. Those diagnosis always get such a negative view from the outside and its mostly due to wrong information.

can i cautiously join you all? Ive had 3 losses in a row since giving birth to my youngest so very cautiously joining :)

The information part is fine, but the way you said the amount kids diagnosed with such things as if it is the parents fault that is what upset me! Especially when you've not one bit of know how except what you've read online. I'm not trying to start and argument maybe unless your a parent you just won't understand how it feels to have others point the finger. Anaemia will not be the cause of your child's asd add and adhd that's all I'm saying, my son was tested and I was told it was genetic. And maybe I am overreacting but like I said it's a sore spot for me and I can't help but say my part. Those diagnosis always get such a negative view from the outside and its mostly due to wrong information.

You've made huge assumptions about me which I don't appreciate. My best friends kids both have learning disabilities due to her anemia while pregnant. That's how I learned about it in the first place. I wasn't sure what to believe when she told me so I looked up reputable studies. You speak of experience yet have no evidence, it reminds me of antivaxxers logic. I didn't put the blame on anyone, you did the name calling. I'm not fear mongering thank you, by posting a link to studies. It only took me 6 years to get pregnant with#1 and it makes me cringe when women are so against reading health information because reading has helped me get my own health back on track. I was actually anemic going into this pregnancy and I corrected it in a 2 month span with some good advice from pharmacists & doctors.

You have over reacted, you are not the expert in something just because you or your child has been afflicted by it. I've never vlaimed to be an expert mom, an expert in infertility, I've never told someone on b&b they're flat out wrong about something especially without doing homework on the subject - that's called arrogance. It's interesting that even if the info in those studies isn't directly related to your situation that you're so opposed to exposure to it. Simple factual scientific studies, which you call 'internet stuff'. When I was given my infertility & immune diagnosis I consumed anything and everything on the subject. And here I am with 1 natural pregnancy and potential twins on the way.

If you happen to find other ladies on b&b discussing health info please try not to be so reactive, don't call people names, and if you're opposed to information, don't read it.

Hi girls can I join you all :wave:

Just got my :bfp: today :happydance:

Tentatively due around February 26th based off LMP. This will be our third and last baby. We have two girls ages 5 and almost 3.

I'm still kind of in shock but super excited. Planning to hold off on telling DH until this Sunday since its Father's Day! Time to get on Pinterest and find a really fun unique way to tell him.

Hi girls can I join you all :wave:

Just got my :bfp: today :happydance:

Tentatively due around February 26th based off LMP. This will be our third and last baby. We have two girls ages 5 and almost 3.

I'm still kind of in shock but super excited. Planning to hold off on telling DH until this Sunday since its Father's Day! Time to get on Pinterest and find a really fun unique way to tell him.

Ah we're due around the same time. My calculations put me due on the 25th feb but time will tell! :happydance:

Your much stronger than me i cried to OH straight away lol!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->