February mummies 2011 <3

Josie, O has recently been through this and come out the other side...I think it related really well to the wonder weeks! He turned a corner this week when he was 9 months, so maybe it's the same. Remember my mantra...it's just a phase!
He was not napping, waking really early, not going to sleep at all in the evening etc...all totally out of character! But thankfully he's back to normal now :)

Demi was being a minx about three weeks ago. Don't really have any tips, sorry.
I do have a baby who barely sleeps during the day though! She had about 40 mins whilst we was out and another 30 mins during the afternoon and that was it! She was soooo moody this evening, managed to keep her up for dinner and bath, can't even blame it on the clocks either.

Hope you have a better night tonight Jo?
Does she cry or is she just awake?

No, she doesn't cry ...... really quiet infact and keeps her dummy in. She's just awake, sitting up, looking around and plays with her blanket :shrug: Problem is I can never sleep when my children are awake (it doesn't matter how old they are). Even if my 12 year old is staying up and reading in bed, I can't turn off my bedroom light .... can't settle until they're all asleep. Crikey .... I'll have another one next year - there's a chance I will NEVER sleep again :dohh:

I've been back to work this week doing some keeping in touch days. Going to get my hair cut tomorrow. Woo! I don't even have Eve, she is with my parents and then to my sister.

Lennie has been sleeping badly lately. Apart from in the caravan I have had to get up and give him his dummy. In the caravan he slept great!! He is also not very well. He has gone right off his food and milk. Only drinking 4-5oz and is also being sick again if you put one spoonful of food that is too much in his mouth. He HATES blamange! I tried him with it last night and he gagged and brought up his tea. Tried him again tonight (thinking last night was cause he wasnt well/full) and he gagged again! Won't be trying that again soon.

Claire, how did it go at Caravan show? x

Caravan show was great , we both agreed on the layout and types of caravans we liked , now we have to see what company car Carl gets offered to see if it will pull a caravan or not then do some saving and look for a used caravan .

Hi ya Juicy, think my Demi may be the only one who can't clap yet??
And Jo, Demi did that a few weeks ago, she ended up tucking into my garlic bread at 9 at night, the minx!

Well Demi finally has her first toothy peg!!! It's her left top tooth, which I was shocked about! I thought it would be the bottom first!

yay for teeth !

:hissy: I don't know what to do. Lily isn't sleeping anymore. I put her in her cot and she just sits back up again. Last night she woke up at 9.30pm after 2 1/2 hours sleep and stayed awake until 11.30pm!!!!! Then, she woke up at 4am until 5am :dohh: Thought she'd be tired today but she had 1/2 hour sleep this morning and then just had 1/2 hour this afternoon. Put her up at 7pm and guess what? ..... she sat straight up again. Luckily she has finally gone to sleep but what will tonight have in store :shrug:.

Anybody else experiencing this?

YES ! Holly sleeps for 5 nights 12 hours then for no reason at all sleeps like shit for 3 weeks. the ther night she was sat on the sofa playing till 1am she just wouldnt sleep , but her typical routine atm is falling asleep 7 ish waking between 12 and 2 and then keep bugging me till 7 ish when i give up and get up lol. if you put her in the cot she either cries or just plays with her mobile or piano thing etc . she maybe has 30 mins nap at most in the day

Still no teeth , still no crawling , still no sitting herself up she doesnt seem interested at all . She is super brill with her food though BLW has worked great with her , she eats whole pieces of fruit - pears nectarines etc , bits of steak , spicy food anything ,all with no teeth ! She also says ta when you give her things and she says it when she gives us things that game goes on for hours , she doesnt say mama often but says dada baba and yeah lol !

I'd love a caravan holiday, but Shaun did all that as a child and hated aparently- even though he talks about those holidays to this day!

They really do grow at different rates... Demi only says Dada, Mamma and waves. Although she is walking around furniture, my eldest was very nearly walking- doubt Demi will be doing that?

Does anyones LO climb the stairs yet? I keep finding Demi at the bottom, so I think the stair gate will have to go back on- there so annoying!

I've not seen the girls since this morning, hope they wake for a cuddle before work tomoz or it will be a day and half since I held them :(
Has the clocks going back affected your babies?

Hi jem, yep izzi has discovered the stairs recently. Like you we have held off putting the stairgate on at the bottom as it's so annoying but I think it will have to go on now :( there has been to much other stuff to explore until now as 10 year olds bedroom is next to the stairs and that is FULL of stuff she shouldn't have so loves!!

The clocks has put me out! Izzi hasn't adjusted either but today she has just woken up, I can here her chatting! And really it's 8 o'clock! Weird. I don't mind though :)

Hope you get your cuddle xx

I got my cuddle but during the night, lol. She rolled onto a rattle that was in her cot and it playing a tune, so u went in to remove the rattle and woke Demi up in the process, lol.

B has learned all the different ways she can escape her playpen - including LIFTING it above her and scooting under it. UGH!!

Oh, and I'm in the TWW by mistake. We dtd on the 29th because I figured there was no way I'd ovulate any time soon (since B is still BFing like she's always done), and low and behold, got a very positive OPK yesterday. It isn't positive anymore today, so I am probably ovulating now. With 3 day old spermies to catch it. Yikes! I don't think I'm ready for that...but I guess what happens, happens!

We are keep B Rear-faced as long as possible - I've done a LOT of research on the subject, and when I learned it was 5 times safer than forward facing, I was sold. I even bought a careseat that will rearface her until she is 40lbs. I really wish I could get my hand on a Swedish-made car seat and RF her until she's 55lbs...but 40 will do for now.

I'm so glad I don't have stairs in my house - it sounds like a scary thing for them to discover!

oooh virginia keep us posted !

I'm going to start taking OPKs again on the 9th I think. (because I only have 2 HPT's left...so I'll save those for after a positive OPK. lol) I'm not sure how I feel about this. Yesterday I was kinda crampy at one point, so I'd say that's when I ovulated. After I told DH that I'd ovulated and what we did, he wouldn't stop trying to get me to dtd again! :dohh: It's safe to say he wants another baby! :wacko:

Ooh Virgina, hope you get the result you want.
Demi keeps crawling about with toys in the hands! She had two pretend tin cans in each of her hand, so funny to watch.

Demi had an awful night last night, she didn't eat much of her dinner and didn't want her milk. So she went to sleep at the normal time but she was really unsettled. She woke up sy 11:30pm and screamed and I mean screamed until 1am. I gave calpol, water, milk and lots of cuddles, she just wasn't interested! And typical Shaun slept through the whole noise, how can they not hear there babies crying?

selective bloody hearing here too . Holly has been better she has been going down at 8 ish but is still waking between 12 and 2 she has a nasty cough and is full of snot though so i think that is the main reason . so when she wakes up i get her in bed with me , Carl wakes up and is like oh when did she get in the bed erm at 1am when she was screaming the place down waking up the boys lol !

Oh, I'm really sorry for the rough nights ladies ... I had that last week. Touch wood, the last couple of nights have been alright, ever since OH lowered her mattress to the lowest setting and took her hanging canopy down from over her cot (she's pulling herself up in her cot so I was having nightmares about her tangling herself on the curtains). She is still sitting herself up as soon as we lay her down to sleep but we've got a baby monitor with a screen so we can watch her. When she is almost asleep sitting up we go in and lie her down .... she's so funny lol!

Put Lily down for a nap at 10.30am this morning (she normally will only sleep for half hour), so OH and I decided to have a little nap ourselves (he is working lates today and needed to be at the train station at 1pm). We didn't bother setting alarm or anything .... oops Rich woke up with a start at 12.30!!!! Lily didn't wake up till 1pm haha. Had a lovely sleep though and a little bit of quality time with OH :winkwink:

I got a letter today saying my health visitor will be coming to mine next month for Demi's ten month check. Any one else?
My eldest got hers done at one year and I had to go to the clinic.

Ooh Virgina, hope you get the result you want.
Demi keeps crawling about with toys in the hands! She had two pretend tin cans in each of her hand, so funny to watch.

Demi had an awful night last night, she didn't eat much of her dinner and didn't want her milk. So she went to sleep at the normal time but she was really unsettled. She woke up sy 11:30pm and screamed and I mean screamed until 1am. I gave calpol, water, milk and lots of cuddles, she just wasn't interested! And typical Shaun slept through the whole noise, how can they not hear there babies crying?

I wish I knew which result that was! :dohh: I really am not sure what I want out of this...I think I'll be happy with either result, and probably a bit disappointed but relieved if I'm not pregnant. I won't be upset if I am pregnant though - just nervous.

Also, I've been taking an OPK everyday (can't help it. LOL), and so far they are light! (well yeah...it's only been a couple days. :haha:), but it's definitely safe to say that I ovulated...even when TTC I never had an instance of ovulation so definitive! B has a doctor's appointment sometime at the end of the month after her doctor gets back from maternity leave. I'm curious to see what she weighs now!

What will be will be, I guess. Keep us posted.

Talking about being pregnant, I had a dream I had another girl! Ha ha, poor Shaun if it us to come true?

Hi all

Sleep pattern has changed with C alot too her normal routine was bed around 7ish woke around 2ish once or twice for soother then back asleep till 7. But now no routine at all she was only napping in the morning but it was a long nap 2hrs awake last night from 3 to 6 just sitting up talking away I'm so tried she didn't nap today bed at half 7 so fingers crossed she sleeps good :)

8dpo IC was negative.

I'm going to test in the morning with either another IC, an EPT, or a Clearblue...though I haven't decided yet.

Oooh exciting Virginia!

Juicy my Demi was a perfect baby up until the weekend. Now we put her to bed at her usual time, 7 ish but now she just screams or does the opposite and giggles at something in her cot! I've been getting her up bit last night is had enough so I left her (although I kept going in and giving her cuddles and offering drinks) I kno she us exhausted though, she has been sleeping in until 9am though.
She does have her 2nd top tooth coming through so I'm assuming it's that?
How'd everyone else this week? X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->