February mummies 2011 <3

Congrats Bethan! How many weeks are you?

OH cooked a spicy curry tonight ... bet it doesn't help! Jem - I started the access course a few years ago with a view to go into midwifery, but I left after one year because I found it hard juggling work, kids and college. I did enjoy it though. Don't worry, I'll text you if I go into labour lol.

I have short labours so probably won't have time to update personally on bnb, but hopefully Jem can update you all when I go into hospital (I hope soon lol).

I wonder what Lily is going to make of it all with a new baby. She's obviously not old enough to understand what's going on and I'm sure James will get a few pokes in his eyes lol. She is already having tantrums and hissy fits, throwing herself on the floor with her head back when she can't get what she wants, so I expect that's how she's going to react when I'm holding new baby. I will just have to ignore her, but she is still a baby aswell. I've started putting her milk in a sippy cup now and taken away the bottles so she doesn't get jealous when I'm feeding James - she wasn't happy about that but getting used to it now.

Will keep you all posted xx

Thank you :D I'm not 100% sure as still breastfeeding so periods are up the wall but no less than 7 so expecting a November bab :D! So excited although not looking forward to pregnancy!
See yours is due very soon bet you can't wait and good luck with it :) xx

Sorry I didn't mean to say it, didn't notice that he's most definitely a boy :) xx

Soooo exciting beth! Keep us updated!

Jo defo text me, I will be sooooo excite I won't be able to sleep, especially if you text to tell me your in labour &#57431;

congrats Bethanchloe ! wow look at you all planning more babies , I am frazzled with these 3 , i do sometimes think 4 would be nice but i feel done in with 3 ! Holly is finally cruising but no signs of walking yet or standing by herself

congrats Bethanchloe ! wow look at you all planning more babies , I am frazzled with these 3 , i do sometimes think 4 would be nice but i feel done in with 3 ! Holly is finally cruising but no signs of walking yet or standing by herself

Haha if I had three I don't think this one would be on the cards, my brain would have fallen out of my ear years ago :).

Jess is not remotely interested in standing on her own or walking, she's happy enough knowing she can get round the house!!

Lol hi all and hey wine you're back! I don't get on much and if I do I find it hard to find the time to post! Out of interest how have you all managed on moving from milk in bottles to sippy cups? O just takes it in and spits it out when he realises its milk!!!
Congrats to those pregnant ones am not quite ready yet myself!! Still shit scared of labour!!

I keep trying Demi on two different types of beakers for her milk but she throws it away- then will go without! So tips for me too please.

Just wandered if your lo's had funny little ways?
When I open the stair gate downstairs Demi has to always pull the handle down- she will not go upstairs unless the handle to down! Funny x

Lily's exactly the same. I do keep separate sippy cups for juice and milk, but very often she'll just throw her milk on the floor. I tend to sit her on my lap to have her milk (she only has one cup of milk a day now before bed), so I change her nappy, put on her baby gro and then she'll sit on my lap whilst watching in the night garden. I very often have to hold her cup like a bottle though but I don't mind as it's now her bedtime routine. She gets enough calcium from yoghurts and her breakfast so I'm not worried about her not drinking her milk.

Lol I've tried that on a few occasions and just got milk splurted down me!! I'll keep at it though :) thanks for the tip x

Thanks Jo.
I do a similar thing like you, but we have milk in my bed with peppa pig, lol.
Demi does have a water beaker and I got two beakers for milk but she hates both of them! Will have a look for other types, I defo want her off bottles by 14 months.

Agh beth your baby is a size of a blueberry, how cute!
Jo your little must be cooked now! What size were your other babies? You feeling nervous?

Agh beth your baby is a size of a blueberry, how cute!
Jo your little must be cooked now! What size were your other babies? You feeling nervous?
Hee hee isn't it, that's just me guessing though - they could be bigger or smaller! If they're anything like Jessy they'll pretend they're massive and then be weeny when the pop out :D x

Awwww congrats hun!

Wheres Jo? Hows it going hun - bubba still in there? xx

Yes, I'm still here! Getting lots of irregular contractions but nothing solid.

Jem - 6 lb 11, 6 lb 13, 7 lb 7, 8 lb 5.

Baby is heavily engaged - in fact the baby's head is so far down he's only measuring 33cm instead of 38!!!!! That means 5cms is in the pelvis lol. Midwife can only feel 2/5 of head.

Just had a very spicy curry and having a little bit of 'action' tonight tmi. Will keep you updated xx

Ah Josie I won't forget that feeling of waiting for Labour!!

Lennie has a beaker. One of the tommee Tippee free flow ones....with handles! He doesnt like the one without. He used to be rubbish drinking from it with water and I didnt hold out much hope when I tried milk, but he was fine. I think its cause its milk tbh, cause he loves it so much. Water he still tends to play with and make a mess with it.

He made us laugh last night when he was eating his tea.............he defo has no patience when eating his tea. He had carrots and was winging because he had to chew them!!

I am feeling envious of all u pregnant mummies! x

Well H is still breast feeding , we have tried cows milk in a cup (mainly when she bites me and i take the boob away !) She quite likes the milk from 1 of her cups but she still wants boob straight after, like she hasn't associated that one is a replacement for the other yet , I am trying to get her to have it in a cup in the day so i am just feeding her at night but its not going so well as i give in and give her boob to get her to go to sleep lol ! I feel bad cus she enjoys bf but I am kinda wanting to give it up now , i did want her to self wean and i feel bad for not wanting to anymore so i am torn , I said to hubby i will give it to 18 months and if she not weaned go cold turkey , will se what happens

It must be so hard to wean babies off the boob, guess its comfort as well as milk.

Demi woke up at 1am till 3:30! Who knows what was wrong? I went in and gave her cuddles and she kept giving me raspberries on my neck and them giggling! Pickle she is!

It must be so hard to wean babies off the boob, guess its comfort as well as milk.

Demi woke up at 1am till 3:30! Who knows what was wrong? I went in and gave her cuddles and she kept giving me raspberries on my neck and them giggling! Pickle she is!

holly has started waking again in the night i think its teeth as she finally just cut her top 2 and now has 4 yay

we have NO teeth here!! Any chance she'll get some soon? She struggles with meat and I don't like pureeing stuff for her so do worry she's not getting enough protein!

:hi: ladies. Just dropped by to see if Jo's bub had arrived yet. Girl in work brought i her lil one today - months old! Only then did I realise that I am broody!! soooooooooooooooo broody! He was delish!! I really need to lose weight though!
Devin is awesome - he amazes me everyday! He runs everywhere and is mad to go outside as much as possible!! He's into EVERYTHING! He'll climb on anything and can just about haul himself up on to the couch but still won't go down backwards so cant be left for a sec! He has mastered going down the stairs backwards though not that you'd leave him there either!!! Or anywhere else! Hes such a boy!
He loves to play games! His favourite id to find dirty socks (thankfully mainly his own!!!) - he brings them to either me or Lob and holds them up to our noses and we have to shriek and say 'pooey' which he thinks is hysterical!!! Cracks you up....the first 5 times but he could go on for a half hour!!! He also loves to put EVERYTHING in the bath - any bottles he can get his hands on e.g suncream, body moisturisers etc from the bathroom cabinet etc.whether theres water in there or not. He's even made an escape with my iphone and run for the full bath or tonight the baby monitor nearly bit te dust! OMG he's full on but SO MUCH FUN!!! I'm loving it! Just wish I could be home all the time with him though!! I HATE WORK!
I think we are hitting 10 teeth. One molr is through (tough work that one!) and the other has partly broken skin (not much better!!). Poor lil things! Teething sucks!

Great to hear about all the babas. It still amazes me that we are 13/14 months down the road!!!

Good luck JosieJo!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"