• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

February mummies 2011 <3

Feeling mega anxious today. My hubby has had to go to London overnight for work and bubs is only 4 days old. My boobs are huge with my milk having come in and bubs is having a hard time latching and its getting us both upset. I'm worried that I'll not be able to cope and end up wrecking my nipples and still not feed bubs right in the process. :cry:

have you tried feeding lying down , i found it much easier to get the latch in the begining. if baby isnt latched on right take them off and try a different position , just stay calm about it if you can . do you have any lanisoh ? if you do just apply it after every feed to help nipples .

dont worry just relax you can cope all you need to do is feed baby and change baby everything else in your life can wait.

Aw bless you, don't worry the night will go quick enough and you will get through it! :hugs: try having a shower and a little hand expression, or a warm flannel on them, should bring them down slightly for you to get a better latch. hth?

Amy, another tip for you if baby isnt latching on because of the engorgement............hand express over the sink or something before a feed to get rid of a little bit of the milk. My sister done this with her LO and it worked for her.

Eve she sounded bloody awful!

I still havent heard from HV. After hearing eve's story i'm not sure I want to. lol.

I do still worry about his weight. The fact that I don't know what it is probably makes me worry more. If he isnt putting on enough weight do they advise you to stop BF?

Does anyone know what a average weight gain is for a baby in the first weeks? x

Eve she sounded bloody awful!

I still havent heard from HV. After hearing eve's story i'm not sure I want to. lol.

I do still worry about his weight. The fact that I don't know what it is probably makes me worry more. If he isnt putting on enough weight do they advise you to stop BF?

Does anyone know what a average weight gain is for a baby in the first weeks? x

Eve yeah, she sounded horrific poor you! I don't particularly like my HV but she's nothing like that :(

Not sure what the average weight gain is exactly but they expect babies to lose up to 10% in the first 5-10 days and then start gaining. I think after that about 4-7 ozs a week in the first month then about 1-2lbs a month roughly.

I think if they don't put on enough weight, you might be advised to combi-feed and top up with formula not to give up bf totally.

OMG eve what an old bat!! I'd hate to hear what shed have to say about my house if she came here lol! What the heck do they expect when you've just had a baby and you havenother children to care for and a house to run! Greer I'm fuming for you lol xxx
ok i apologise in advance for this post but need to vent ...

so 5 mins after midwife went door rang followed by a knock followed by etter box banging - seriously excessive knocking .. opens door its health visitor can i come in i been ringing you for days erm yea ok
snotty tone you not answered phone - me you havent rung ..turns out they were ringing wrong number not my fault is it love.
so she starts getting the scales out i said put them away she was weighed literally 5 mins ago , oh i have to do it again , i said no - im not waking her up getting her undressed for something they did 5 mins ago . well she wasnt happy but tough shit .
asked me all the questions about previous kids , family situation do i smoke all that crap...
then starts telling me how to put my child to bed and things that as a 3rd time round mom really werent necessary i must have had an expression on my face that clearly said f*** off haha
then she says i see your breast feeding , have you got any bottles for when you switch to formula ....erm ive got bottles for when i express yea but im not planning on switching , oh really well hers some leaflets about bottle feeding for when you do - so much for promoting bf eh .
then she kept calling holly he ..
but the icing on the cake .... ill put in a referall to family support for you , im like whats that then she said well cus you on 3rd baby they will pop in and help you with tidying this place up and cleaning as you have your hands full and this room is a mess !!! cheeky cow i mean ok its not super tidy my son had just made crumbs from his lunch and there are toys about but tbh i didnt think it was that bad .so im like no its ok thanks but she was like well ill send them rpund to discuss it with you ..ffs
then ds2 said im tored i wanna lie down can you put a dvd on for me , so i said ok go upstairs and ill be up in a min .
so he went put and she shot up are you going to let him go on his own ..erm yea hes nearly 3 he has to go upstairs to go toilet i aint holding his hand every time , then she said but your door is open .. wtf .. i said what you on about she said the door to your entry way he can get outside , i dont have a f***ing entry i have a front door which you came through into my house that opens to a coridoor , oh but there is no door off that entry well no its a hallway , well he could open the front door ..so i obviously have to follow all my kids now to make sure they dont open the door what a tit , my 5 year old cnt even reach to open the door and its locked anyway what does she think i am ... obv a bad mother so ill prob get child services round next or some shit.
she is back in 2 weeks , i am seriously considering forgetting to be in that day.

/rant and breathhhhhhhe

thanks girls lol !

ds2 had a pronblem with weight gain in the first 2 months , they didnt advise me to stop , my aunty had a major problem with her 5th child who was in hospital with failure to thrive or something like that and they never told her to ff feed either . if you dont want to and they arent gaining weight you can do things to increase your milk supply which would be what i tried 1st , but i really wouldnt worry about it im sure he is gaining nicely .
do you have digital bathroom scales ? if you do weigh yourself then get off and get back on holding the baby so you can see how heavy they are :)

so 5 mins after midwife went door rang followed by a knock followed by etter box banging - seriously excessive knocking .. opens door its health visitor can i come in i been ringing you for days erm yea ok
snotty tone you not answered phone - me you havent rung ..turns out they were ringing wrong number not my fault is it love.
so she starts getting the scales out i said put them away she was weighed literally 5 mins ago , oh i have to do it again , i said no - im not waking her up getting her undressed for something they did 5 mins ago . well she wasnt happy but tough shit .
asked me all the questions about previous kids , family situation do i smoke all that crap...
then starts telling me how to put my child to bed and things that as a 3rd time round mom really werent necessary i must have had an expression on my face that clearly said f*** off haha
then she says i see your breast feeding , have you got any bottles for when you switch to formula ....erm ive got bottles for when i express yea but im not planning on switching , oh really well hers some leaflets about bottle feeding for when you do - so much for promoting bf eh .
but the icing on the cake .... ill put in a referall to family support for you , im like whats that then she said well cus you on 3rd baby they will pop in and help you with tidying this place up and cleaning as you have your hands full and this room is a mess !!! cheeky cow i mean ok its not super tidy my son had just made crumbs from his lunch and there are toys about but tbh i didnt think it was that bad .so im like no its ok thanks but she was like well ill send them rpund to discuss it with you ..ffs
then ds2 said im tored i wanna lie down can you put a dvd on for me , so i said ok go upstairs and ill be up in a min .
so he went put and she shot up are you going to let him go on his own ..erm yea hes nearly 3 he has to go upstairs to go toilet i aint holding his hand every time , then she said but your door is open .. wtf .. i said what you on about she said the door to your entry way he can get outside , i dont have a f***ing entry i have a front door which you came through into my house that opens to a coridoor , oh but there is no door off that entry well no its a hallway , well he could open the front door ..so i obviously have to follow all my kids now to make sure they dont open the door what a tit , my 5 year old cnt even reach to open the door and its locked anyway what does she think i am ... obv a bad mother so ill prob get child services round next or some shit.
she is back in 2 weeks , i am seriously considering forgetting to be in that day.

/rant and breathhhhhhhe

Old bitch. :grr:

Feel better now?

Feeling mega anxious today. My hubby has had to go to London overnight for work and bubs is only 4 days old. My boobs are huge with my milk having come in and bubs is having a hard time latching and its getting us both upset. I'm worried that I'll not be able to cope and end up wrecking my nipples and still not feed bubs right in the process. :cry:

have you tried feeding lying down , i found it much easier to get the latch in the begining. if baby isnt latched on right take them off and try a different position , just stay calm about it if you can . do you have any lanisoh ? if you do just apply it after every feed to help nipples .

dont worry just relax you can cope all you need to do is feed baby and change baby everything else in your life can wait.

Aw bless you, don't worry the night will go quick enough and you will get through it! :hugs: try having a shower and a little hand expression, or a warm flannel on them, should bring them down slightly for you to get a better latch. hth?

I agree here, or try rugby balling if all else fails?

/rant and breathhhhhhhe

Feel better now?

what a b*tch. The concept of health visitor is a little foreign to me...but almost everyone complains about them. its like social services before your even reported!!! but seriously, they give you a free maid??? I would so take it!

thanks wii. Thats makes me feel more reassured.

Eve, I do have digital bathroom scales, but smallest measurement is the lb.........I think I might go and try it just to see if there is a 9lb difference. Then that will tell me he has put on.

Well HV got back to my message I left. I was told I haven't been forgotten and something to do with them changing areas and trying to find out what area I am???? I was given the number for Swaffham HV team (which is about 20 miles away) but don't really know what for. Am I supposed to call them to see if they are coming to see me. All seems a bit of a cock up. x

/rant and breathhhhhhhe

Feel better now?

what a b*tch. The concept of health visitor is a little foreign to me...but almost everyone complains about them. its like social services before your even reported!!! but seriously, they give you a free maid??? I would so take it!

Apparently they are now like the eyes for social services. They are supposed to come around and report things if required. x

OMG eve what an old bag! Where do they get these people?! Hope you feel better now :)

Kinky that's good, well done Niamh!

Amy my hubby went out last Friday and I was worried, having a 1week old and2 others to look after. But it was not as bad as I thought. Hopefully you will be the same. Just do the important bits :)

Aghhhhhh i'm so confused with weights...............i'm trying to work out his initial weight to his first loss. I think the converter thing on my iphone is shite and doesnt seem to make sense.
I just weighed me and Lennie and the difference is 10.2
So is he 10lb 2oz? That is with his clothes on though. I'll try it with him naked later.
I still don't believe its right. x

She sounds awful Eve, the cheek of her :hugs:

Well my DS who is 6 has chicken pox which we just discovered today :( and I was back in the doc with my stomach im so fed up with nit been able to eat u think I'd be a stick by now lol :haha:

Is it 10.2lbs? Because that's not 10lbs 2oz it's 10lbs 3oz lol xxx

Yeah cos there's 16oz in a lb isn't there?

I just don't think it's right cause that means he put on about a lb after gaining so little to begin with.

I'm so annoyed. I just want a health visitor to weigh my son. Grr! I'm tempted to just take him to the drop in things myself. How old are they when they normally go?

I'm going to try and figure out a way to weigh him on kitchen scales to get grams but don't even know how I'd do it.

Oh has some fishing scales too but I don't wanna go near that stinky thing.

Juicy what's wrong with your stomach? X

how long since he was weighed rach ? as H put on 2 oz one week then 10 the next so a pound is possible.

He was weighed last Monday. Oh that's good. So maybe he does weigh that. Yay!

Eve how did the school run go?

I had mine all worked out. Fed Lennie and put him in pram which he fell asleep in, then oh car didn't start and his mum picked him up and took eve to school as well! So I didn't even have to do it! X

Our school run was good, big girls got themselves up and dressed quickly, ate brekkie whilst we got Isabel dressed. I did their hair what I fed isabel then into the pushchair and school on time :thumbup: then she slept in pushchair until 10.30 when I fed he before midwife. Wow. Ca t believe it'll be so good tomorrow!

And I bought a new travel system. It was supposed tobe £300. Reduced to £150 and they only had shop one left so another £20 off. Is has a car seat base you leave in the car which will just be so much easier. We discovered the pushchair we had couldn't even click ghe car seat on without adaptors. So we are pleased. Not told me dad tho:(.

our school run went well too , holly fed just before 7 so i got up afer the feed and sorted the boys out then holly was stirring again at 8:15 ish so i changed her and put coat on , offered her some boob but she wasnt fussed put her in push chair and we all walked to school.
this afternoon she was less impressed about being put in the pushchair but fell asleep before we got to the end of the road - im the 2nd house hahah. she stayed asleep in the pram till gone 6pm !! so nearly 3 hours.

our school run went well too , holly fed just before 7 so i got up afer the feed and sorted the boys out then holly was stirring again at 8:15 ish so i changed her and put coat on , offered her some boob but she wasnt fussed put her in push chair and we all walked to school.
this afternoon she was less impressed about being put in the pushchair but fell asleep before we got to the end of the road - im the 2nd house hahah. she stayed asleep in the pram till gone 6pm !! so nearly 3 hours.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->