February mummies 2011 <3

Hv reckons I'm diabetic as Joshua is 'so big' but he's only on he 75th centile for being born at 42 weeks :s she said lots of other annoying stuff as well but will update when on laptop not phone! Argh she's messed up my whole day as well was meant to be out this morning she's only just left not long ago so much for 'ill be ther before 11.30' oh and she's not coming back lol so that's a bonus

Yum pub lunch sounds nice clare. I wish we had some nice food in the house.

Siegal that's crazy. Sugar has enough fruit in. I do agree with eve, just nod to agree. It's a great thing I do all the time. Lol.

Leanne, first few days Lennie didn't want to be put down but he's stopped doing it so much.

Wine, how big was baby when born? How big is he now?

Well just had a call from a hv. She is from ANOTHER surgery and is going to come see me today. I've got a feeling as it's a borrowed hv it'll be the only visit I get. Lol. She seemed lovely on the phone. I hope she is nice! I'm scared of getting a nasty one. Ad I'm now going to give the house a quick clean even though I could get a free cleaner. Lol. X

Yum pub lunch sounds nice clare. I wish we had some nice food in the house.

Siegal that's crazy. Sugar has enough fruit in. I do agree with eve, just nod to agree. It's a great thing I do all the time. Lol.

Leanne, first few days Lennie didn't want to be put down but he's stopped doing it so much.

Wine, how big was baby when born? How big is he now?

Well just had a call from a hv. She is from ANOTHER surgery and is going to come see me today. I've got a feeling as it's a borrowed hv it'll be the only visit I get. Lol. She seemed lovely on the phone. I hope she is nice! I'm scared of getting a nasty one. Ad I'm now going to give the house a quick clean even though I could get a free cleaner. Lol. X

wine - they are arses arent they .. i had 2 kids over 9lb and im not diabetic .. lucky you they not coming again , i have the pleasure in 2 weeks but im gonna ring and make my excuses or ask for someone else.

ley - holly is clingy she cries when i leave the room even if she was asleep she knows , i already had a sling from ds2 and have used it a bit already with her.

My substitute hv just left. She was lovely. Lennie cried the whole time and she told me he has colic and advised me what to get.

He was weighed and is 9lb 4oz. So he's put on 2oz in a week. He's also still a bit jaundiced. She was really nice about it all and said heavier babies at birth sometimes takes longer to put it back on. She said my breast-feeding sounds fine, to eat and drink properly until it's established and also the best bit was she told me to leave the housework and dont do too much! She said my house was too clean.

But yet why do I still feel like a failure? :-(

Wine...Those hv people sound horrible...I'm glad we don't have them here in the US...Brooklyn was huge (especially for 39 weeks lol), but I certainly wasn't diabetic - wasn't even borderline.

Oh! And I weighted her on the Wii today and she's back up to 10lbs 12.8oz!! WOOT!

Aw rach, you shouldnt, you're doing great. I hope all Norfolk hv are good, have a feeling that isn't the case!

Wine yours sounds like another plank, grrr!

Eve what is your sling like. I have a baby carrier by tomy, 11 years old and not great. Not sure what to get and where from :shrug:

i have a freedom sling - just a ring sling , tbh i found it awkward with ds2 but i find it easy with H .. think it was around £20 from the ebay seller iirc.

next time she is in it ill take a piccy , i either lay her down in a cradle position on she goes chest to chest with me and the sling goes over her bum . i also find it easy to bf her in it while cooking or standing etc hands free , i make it tight so she is held onto the boob via the sling.

My substitute hv just left. She was lovely. Lennie cried the whole time and she told me he has colic and advised me what to get.

He was weighed and is 9lb 4oz. So he's put on 2oz in a week. He's also still a bit jaundiced. She was really nice about it all and said heavier babies at birth sometimes takes longer to put it back on. She said my breast-feeding sounds fine, to eat and drink properly until it's established and also the best bit was she told me to leave the housework and dont do too much! She said my house was too clean.

But yet why do I still feel like a failure? :-(

I think Lily has got colic. What did your HV advise please? x

Infercol something.......she said I should find it in supermarkets.

Virginia I never thought of the wii! Lennie would easily fit on the board.

Of those that are bf, do u feed on one breast until empty and then offer the other? Up till now I've just been doing one at one feed and the other the next. Assuming when he comes off he is full rather than it's empty.
I was thinking of trying offering both to him. But if I have been doing it with one breast for the last couple of weeks would my body be used to that and should be making adequate supply the way I am doing? X

just nod and say yes then do your own thing i reckon !

just because the twins were like that doesnt mean your baby will be like that pfft ..

Of those that are bf, do u feed on one breast until empty and then offer the other? Up till now I've just been doing one at one feed and the other the next. Assuming when he comes off he is full rather than it's empty.
I was thinking of trying offering both to him. But if I have been doing it with one breast for the last couple of weeks would my body be used to that and should be making adequate supply the way I am doing? X

I have been reading to let the baby empty the breast - that way he gets the fatty hindmilk and it tells ur breasts --- baby ate all milk - produce more!!!

h usually has the one till she comes off/falls asleep then if she wakes up i give her the other breast unless she was only on the 1st for a short while then i give her the same one back

h usually has the one till she comes off/falls asleep then if she wakes up i give her the other breast unless she was only on the 1st for a short while then i give her the same one back

it sounds correct to me. as long as she is gaining weight and ur milk is OK - I wouldn't worry so much. good for u breastfeeding so well. I need to do it better -- I have been having to supplement more and more with formula- must work harder!

I just fed him and he stopped after 30 mins and came off. So offered him other Breast but he wasn't interested. I'll try again next time though. X

Clare, how do u put links in signatures as titles rather than the web address? X

joshua is 9lb 14oz so has gained 1lb since birth

HV kept asking if my older son goes to toddler groups because he really needs to and asked if i had any friends and when i said yes she said 'hmmm really do you often see them though'

and then my son ran in the room with a plastic bag on his head dancing, which was hilarious but you should have seen her face - she was like 'ohh no thats so dangerous'

then she checked his weights and asked if i was diabetic - nope. oh well do i have a family history of diabetes? nope. well did they even check me in pregnancy? yup. she went on and on about it and then said i probably dont need to bother getting him weighed for a while because hes gaining so much weight????? but hes stayed on the same curve of the growth charts since he was born so i dont know what shes on about. then she started going on about how long he is and how tall he will probably be, then wrote in the red book 'below 50th centile' so how on earth is that long?! grrr

then we live with my dad so she started talking about me using him as a free babysitter? errr i wish love!

and then she asked if i had a partner -yup. oh is he actually around though? yup? does he work? yup. oh is he as young as i am? bit older.. oh so hes probably not around much then? yes when hes not working... ok does he smoke? yes he does but outside. oh well your baby is at an increased risk of cot death then.

grrrrrrrrrrrr so glad they're not coming back!!! once was enough

she sounds almosr as bad as mine wine

I actually weighed Brooklyn as a cat because it was just easier to hold her...:blush:

Hi all i hope everyone is well :)

Emmalee and i are doin great b/f has gotten alot better nipples are ok and shes attaching better i find if i put my boobie on her lips first she searches better for the nipple with a wider mouth. :thumbup:

chn comes 2moro shes goin to weigh emma i really hope shes put weight on it would make me feel so good knowin that im feedin her well and my milk is good. FX

Also heres a couple of pics emmalee is 2wks old today:happydance:

Attachments

• 011 - Copy.jpg
    011 - Copy.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 1
  • 008.jpg
    008.jpg
    23.3 KB · Views: 2
  • 010 - Copy (2).jpg
    010 - Copy (2).jpg
    27.5 KB · Views: 1

Users who are viewing this thread