February mummies 2011 <3

Clare I'm so jealous! I really want a Isofix base. Initially I said we didn't need one but now I really want one. Lol. It does my head in getting the seat in and moving seats forward just to be able to put the seat belt round. Oh seat belts are super sensitive too and if you don't bring enough forward or lose ur grip u have to start over. Lol. X

im going a bit mental tonight, joshuas been screaming all evening,no matter what i do - really high pitched painful screams i dont know what to do to help him :(

Rachel I suffer from reflux a few yrs ago but wen preg this time I had sickness for the 40 weeks which was usual cause I didn't have it on my first 2 pregnancies but noone seem to be to bothered it's "normal" was all I was ever told but all I could eat was a very blan diet. So now I'm back on tablets for reflux and anything I eat like mainly dinner kills me with bad indigestion for the night :(

Our school tun is going great my neighbour is so kind bringing them to school and it was great to bring Baby to the school for a nice fresh walk and DD and DS were so happy to show her off to friends and teachers :) :)

Hope everyone gets a few hours longer sleep tonight :hugs:

Leanne thats what I thought. Why have an adjusted age if considered term?

Paiytonsmummy wasn't Mason born early? Does he have an adjusted age?

How many weeks is Mason now? I love it when Lennie has windy smiles. I can't wait to see the real things.

Lennies having a feed now so I might put him in his basket in our room rather than back in the lounge. X

yes Mason was 3 weeks 2 days early, so the health-visitor marks his weight on the premature chart, but he shot right up to the 75th centile, so she thinks that it might be better to plot him on the normal chart from now on.
He is nearly 7 weeks...aw bless the windy smiles, wont be too long before they are real smiles :)

Aw wine that sounds tough, have you tried trying to help relieve any gas in his bowels? He may have trapped wind?? Try pushing his legs gently up to his tummy and then into his tummy or try cycling them it helps O. Or have you tried some White noise? Hair dryer or just static on radio or something? Also no idea whether this works but my friend suggested rescue remedy on their feet??? :shrug: anythings worth a try I guess!!

when holly has a high pitched scream its always wind , send oh out for some infacol if you cant get it up

did anybody hear about putting cornstarch into baby formula?? what is the consensus on this?

Argh so annoyed I actually bought infacol and I can't find it! He seems to have calmed down a lot now, he's half sleeping with little cries every couple of minutes :( I'm going shopping in the morning so will pic up some Moreno infacol.. Have a feeling it's going to be a rough night! Lol

And nope never ever heard of putting that in formula.. What is the reason for it? Xxx

Argh so annoyed I actually bought infacol and I can't find it! He seems to have calmed down a lot now, he's half sleeping with little cries every couple of minutes :( I'm going shopping in the morning so will pic up some Moreno infacol.. Have a feeling it's going to be a rough night! Lol

And nope never ever heard of putting that in formula.. What is the reason for it? Xxx

I don't know my know it all father in law says my baby will continue screaming from hunger if I don't put it in her food when she is a month older. And unless my husband calls the dr. and she says no...my husband will listen. I wanted to get a heads up and be prepared for the ensuing argument

Aw wine I hope your night isn't too dreadful. Lennies high pitched scream
Is a trapped wind one and the one I dread the most.

Never heard of putting cornstarch in milk. It's the same as cornflour over here I think isn't it? And that's just a thickening agent. Is baby bf or ff? Regardless of that everything that is needed is already there.

Well poor Lennie woke for a feed and was soaked! Oh didn't put nappy on right and he peed all on his clothes so had to change Lennies pjs before feeding. He wasn't impressed. X

I'm pretty sure putting anything in the bottle is not a good idea. Surely they don't need it?! I even read somewhere (on here?) someone was thinking og giving their 1 month old cereal! There may be different advice in the states but we are told to wait as their stomachs are just too immature. Can cause allergy probs etc

Good luck with your fight siegal! x

I'm not doing school run today, too tired. This is not good for when hubby goes back to work!

Rach - yep the car seat thing is driving me mad I had forgotten how annoying it is lol. Going to try it out today :)

if you are bottle feeding cant you just change the formula to a hungry baby one or a stage 2 milk as they get older thats what i did with ds1 - i wouldnt be putting stuff in the bottles f it was me .
cereal at 1 month wow i never heard that , here we are told not to give anything but milk until 6 months though it seems to be ok at 4 months , both my boys were 5 month when they started

well H had a great night im so happy haha !!she was fussy until 1 eventually got her in her moses about 10 past , i woke up at 3 couldnt find her in the bed ..realsed she was still in moses , figured she was due a feed soon but she didnt wake until 5:30 thats the best she has ever done not in our bed . i fell asleep feeding her at 5:30 though so she was in our bed till 7:15 when my alarm woke us both up lol.

i just heard ds2 talking upstairs i thought whas he doing , discovered oh is working at home i hadnt noticed ill now pmsl.

Argh on my way out and phone call health visitor coming over this morning - que postponing taking my nan out and frantically hoovering! Eve your hv has made me well paranoid lol xxx

dont bother you might get offered a free cleaner pmsl !

Eve that's sounds a great night!

Lennie was much better last night. I sat up bf with him so I wouldn't fall asleep and put him into Moses and he just settled straight away. No dummy or musical toy required. Another weird thing was he was only feeding for about 15 minutes and still going as long.
He went down at 1030, woke at 330, 500 and 730.

Yeah wine don't clean and u might get a cleaner!

How often does hv come? X

thats great Eve :thumbup: and rach :thumbup:

Is didn't feed that much in the night, so i was leaky in the morning (tmi) but was awake fidgeting and making noises!!

we're walking to the local pub for lunch today, whilst hubby is still off and the girls are at school!! should be quiet enough to feed if necc. then i'd better stop eating crap and try to lose weight again!!

Eve that's sounds a great night!

Lennie was much better last night. I sat up bf with him so I wouldn't fall asleep and put him into Moses and he just settled straight away. No dummy or musical toy required. Another weird thing was he was only feeding for about 15 minutes and still going as long.
He went down at 1030, woke at 330, 500 and 730.

Yeah wine don't clean and u might get a cleaner!

How often does hv come? X

i try to feed sitting up but im just too sleepy/lazy haha ! sometimes in the day i lie down to feed too - its a great excuse !

hv - mine said she will back in 2 weeks im hoping after that visit she doesnt come again

if you are bottle feeding cant you just change the formula to a hungry baby one or a stage 2 milk as they get older thats what i did with ds1 - i wouldnt be putting stuff in the bottles f it was me .
cereal at 1 month wow i never heard that , here we are told not to give anything but milk until 6 months though it seems to be ok at 4 months , both my boys were 5 month when they started

well H had a great night im so happy haha !!she was fussy until 1 eventually got her in her moses about 10 past , i woke up at 3 couldnt find her in the bed ..realsed she was still in moses , figured she was due a feed soon but she didnt wake until 5:30 thats the best she has ever done not in our bed . i fell asleep feeding her at 5:30 though so she was in our bed till 7:15 when my alarm woke us both up lol.

i just heard ds2 talking upstairs i thought whas he doing , discovered oh is working at home i hadnt noticed ill now pmsl.

Right now I express breastmilk and supplement with formula - on a good day 85% on a bad day 50% breatmilk. she is a very good eater (like her mommy i guess) and he said at 2 months he gave his twin grandsons cornflour/starch in their formula or they were always hungry and screaming. I am just sick of all the advice and having to check everything he says with the dr. He also said when I make her baby food in a few months I need to add sugar to her pureed fruits!!! yes, thats exactly what I want to do - give her processed sugar and make her taste buds expect sickly sweet food all the time!!! waiting for that fighht....

just nod and say yes then do your own thing i reckon !

just because the twins were like that doesnt mean your baby will be like that pfft ..

anyone have a really clingy baby? Megan absolutely hates being anywhere but in my arms. I had to buy a carrier today as she just screams the place down in her pram.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->