February mummies 2011 <3

Jenni hope your feeling better soon :hugs:

Happy birthday ley x

I get a morning nap too after school run :)

Ley I noticed that about my baby girls left eye too!!!

Here's to a few extra hrs sleep tonight for all :hugs: I'm so tried but her little face makes it all worth while :hugs:

Jenni is it the meds that make u sleep a lot?
Have u only just started the iron since giving birth? Youll feel much better when they kick in - they will make u feel drained too plus everything else
I've still not read your birth story. I'm now going to read it. X

Jenni is it the meds that make u sleep a lot?
Have u only just started the iron since giving birth? Youll feel much better when they kick in - they will make u feel drained too plus everything else
I've still not read your birth story. I'm now going to read it. X

Yea the meds at night make me really sleepy but I think it must be the low iron or something that makes me so sleepy during the day. I wasn't anemic at all during pregnancy it was only because I lost around 3L of blood and had a transfusion once all said and done that it's quite low. It's really annoying cause I'm usually a ball full of health! I don't even catch colds hahaha. I've been on the iron tablets since the birth but they horribly suck. And cause for some massive pain in the bathroom department, hahaha. I hear women on here swear over Spatone so I'm trying it out now. :thumbup:

U will defo get some energy back once your iron levels are up. I just re-read my last post and I didn't mean the iron tablets will make u drained, I meant the lack of iron. Duh.

Ah yep! When I was on them they made me have the opposite effect and had the runs, after Lennie was born I was constipated and considered taking them again, but knowing my luck they would make me worse! X

I want to sleeeeeeeeeeep!!! It's now been 6 and a half hours of Joshua crying and is currently turning into hiccups! My head is going to explode and OH has spent the evening playing video games and is now happily asleep snoring his head off. I also need to get up early with my LO while he has a lay in

Grrrrrrrrrr

morning ladies !

we had an average night went bed at 10:30 fed her at 11 ish 2 ish 4 ish 7 ish she is getting bad wind after feeds now nd only feeding for a short time max15 mins but seems happy with it - i wonder if my flow is faster now or something ? mind you i have a sore throat and ds1 has a sore throat and cough so i wonder if she is suffering from that too ?
when i was winding her in the night hubby woke up and said its tiring isnt it this breastfeeding at night ...erm not for you is it .. men !

@jenni - dont you rush to be getting on with housework etc , if i could nap whenever i felt like it i would - i did when i had ds1 you carry on and recover properly.

@wine - why do you have to let him lay in ? if you have been up all night you should get the lie in .. take the fuse out the plug on the bo/ps3 that wll baffle him for a while teehee!

i need to cook a few meals today and the weekend - my new tactic of cooking a weeks worth of food is working well esp as holly seems to feed at 5 ish which is when we have dinner . so if she isnt feeding is asleep i cook something from fresh , if she is then i get something i have already made plus its saving me money shopping fortnighty i have saved £80 in the last month doing it this way :D

Hi All, well I've had a busy few days, Oscar's been having one hell of a growth spurt and feeding continually, when he's not sleeping or crying!

Also have had lots of smiles, but yesterday was the first that seemed to be obviously directed at me :) Yey for smiles!

Wine, I can't believe he was playing computer games all night and then gets a lie in this morning!! OH did the opposite for me last night and did the 10pm-1am stint, and then O only woke up at 4.30 and 7.30 for feeding! I feel almost human today! Poor you...get him to do something like that for you, hun.

Jenni - hope you're feeling better soon. Spatone should work really well for you, but also remember that your body is traumatised so it's got to heal at the same time as feed and look after a little baby (if you're bf) so you've just got to give yourself time! I'm only just now getting out and about, it took me weeks to feel even just well in myself to not sleep most of the time. Hugs

Hope all are well? I'm still having trouble with my nipples... :( I thought that they should be ok by now, decided I needed to venture to the breast feeding clinic, and of course the next one isn't til Wednesday!! Typical!

Wine don't let him lay in. If I wanted oh to wake up I'd just put Lennie next to him and wait for Lennie to start crying to wake him up. Lol.

Lennie better be going through a growth spurt cos he has been feeding every 2 hours for the last 2 days.
Last night it was like clock work! 11, 1, 3, 5, 7. After every feed but the 7am one I managed to put Lennie back in basket but oh moaned and me and said it was dangerous when he saw Lennie in our bed at 7. Why can't he try having 2 hours max sleep.

Eve I was thinking about your cooking thing today and think I need to do it too. I can never be stars to cook every day, but think I could manage a cooking session. Plus the actual process of going shopping is much more harder with Lennie. £80 is a super saving! How do u manage saving that?

Oh I want some smiles! Lennies defo aren't cos his are when he's asleep! X

I'm pretty sure Joshuas smiles aren't proper yet but they are so damn cute I can't wait for the real ones!!!

As for cooking I haven't cooked anything in years. Every now and again I try and cook something but i burn it or set it on fire or drop it lol so OH does all our cooking :D he does tend to go a bit overboard on the portion sizes though which is what i blame for my figure lol

As predicted I'm KNACKERED today. Joshua finally fell asleep around 3am, and i laid there but couldn't sleep due to OHs snoring so i told him to go away and sleep somewhere else out of my sight about 4am LOL. He offered to take Joshua which i really should have let him do but i was being stupid and stubborn (cutting ones nose off to spite ones face?! lol).

@ Jenni - Spatone is meant to be really good if you have side effects from iron tablets. I personally liked iron tablets - as long as I drunk at least one large glass of pure orange juice with every tablet I had no side effects whatsoever and felt amazing! However if I forgot to drink the OJ with even one tablet I got a bit tired and constipated lol

Wine don't let him lay in. If I wanted oh to wake up I'd just put Lennie next to him and wait for Lennie to start crying to wake him up. Lol.

Lennie better be going through a growth spurt cos he has been feeding every 2 hours for the last 2 days.
Last night it was like clock work! 11, 1, 3, 5, 7. After every feed but the 7am one I managed to put Lennie back in basket but oh moaned and me and said it was dangerous when he saw Lennie in our bed at 7. Why can't he try having 2 hours max sleep.

Eve I was thinking about your cooking thing today and think I need to do it too. I can never be stars to cook every day, but think I could manage a cooking session. Plus the actual process of going shopping is much more harder with Lennie. £80 is a super saving! How do u manage saving that?

Oh I want some smiles! Lennies defo aren't cos his are when he's asleep! X

savings - well i usually spend 80-90 a week on average for us all but buying a fortnights worth ive spent £120 and £140 plus as i have it delivered i have saved 2x£5 delivery charges . i can only presume its because i have bought bigger packs of things like mince beef and potatoes etc plus ive planned my meals more than usual.

@ Jenni - Spatone is meant to be really good if you have side effects from iron tablets. I personally liked iron tablets - as long as I drunk at least one large glass of pure orange juice with every tablet I had no side effects whatsoever and felt amazing! However if I forgot to drink the OJ with even one tablet I got a bit tired and constipated lol

Thanks for the tip wine! :flower:

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/health/...ncrease-risk-of-cot-death-research-shows.html

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/health/...ncrease-risk-of-cot-death-research-shows.html

mm, interesting. i think we will always worry but i am sure it is nicer for us all.

thanks wine :)

Regarding co-sleeping and smoking - oh smokes so when I have Lennie in bed with us it's the other side of me and I'm in the middle. Is that still bad with regards to him being a smoker? X

Eve, so do you cook for 2 weeks and freeze? X

i cook about a weeks worth of meals then i do some veg in portion sized bags , if H is settled at cooking time i will cook something fresh , if we have had a bad day or are in a rush like karate lesson days i use something i have already made.
today i made a chilli , a bolognaise and a shepherds pie to freeze .

how is everyone ? we are having a do nothing weekend its great slobbing around in our scruffs etc. Holly is zonked out atm after her bath and feed , i am tempted to go grab a few hours sleep myself.

deffo get some sleep eve

we have a busy weekend visiting people but i just want to stay in bed! boo! lol xx

Hi all,

My Lo is starting to know wen she is in my bed and is starting to like it :haha:

I just love having her there it's nice to look at her pretty little face and be assured of her breathing, could end up been a bad habit :blush:

Had a bit of retail therapy today in penny's(primark) im inbeteeen clothes can't wait to be back in my pre pregnancy clothes, good we have summer coming to motivate uS :) :)

I've ordered all my groceries online and got my plan set out for fortnight. I like the idea of portioning up veg too.

Juicy I'm also between clothes. Pregnancy ones just look stupid and fall down ATM but pre still too tight.

Lennie just projectile sicked everywhere! He seems happy tho. He's Gorna want feeding again sooner than I thought. That feed was a waste! X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->