February mummies 2011 <3

hi ya everyone. hope your all ok?
Ive not been on here for a week and its taken me ages to catch up with everything!
My little lady has been poorly, she has a cold and terrible cough which is aparently bronchilitus~ cant spell it. We spent last Thursday in hospital due to little lady only drinking 3oz in 14 hours, she had a feeding tube inserted and some oxygen as her levels kept dropping. Scary times. She is feeding better now but still has the hacking cough.

Wine: Demi was born on her due date 3 February at 11:03am and she weighed 7lb 11oz. thanks.

Got to go as she is calling x x x

well hv was nice (sorry Eve, you seem to have drawn the short straw there!) she did say the service is voluntary so if we don't want them we just so no thanks :)

isabel had put on 2 1/2 oz in a week, that isn't very encouraging :( hv said not to worry if i did feel like giving one bottle, she was still getting all the goodness of breast for the rest of the time :shrug: i don't know :(

I have a carton of formular "just in case" too rach, i think perhaps it is the first step :( i think it is the indecision that wears you down, and the guilt if you stop, which i know is daft really but i do worry :(

i wouldnt say it wasnt encouraging , one week h put on 2 and half the next was 10 i think bf babies gain weight differently to bottle fed babies hence the growth spurts we have to nurse through. she is just over 2 weeks yea ? so you hvae prob got the 2-3 week growth spurt to go which is when holly put her big weight gain on .

and nice that you had a nice hv...cow :haha:

AGH I just wrote out a long post and accidentally pressed something and went back a page. GRR!

Wii, I'm thinking of giving up because Lennie is feeding every 2 hours on avg around the clock and I am exhausted and feel like I can't even function in the day, even if I nap.
My leakage and let-down gets me down, there is so much. My shells are great, but they have started leaking. My bed stinks, I stink of sour milk.

I feel so guilty about giving up but I can't even explain why. Clare I defo agree, it is the indecision that is just wearing me down.

Lennie is weighed on Wednesday and I kind of want to hold off a bit until then just to see how I done. I think it will make me feel I have made the right decision if he had only put on a little. Although it could have the opposite affect if he done ok! I am going to be even more agonised!

Wine, that is how I feel. I am stressing myself out thinking about it all the time and everyone is getting affected by it. I am so tired I feel like I can't even make decisions anymore.

Jenni, even before they are smiling with their mouth they smile with their eyes, well thats what i think. lol. Its lovely. I am sure his smile this morning was a smile, cos like you said, it was with his eyes too.

I had a bath with Lennie yesterday. It was lovely. He loves being in water, and afterwards he just zonked out all happy. We don't have a bath at our house (it made me not want to move here in the first place - but we were desperate) and I had one round my mums. I am going to do it every time we go around there. DD wants to come in next time too. lol. We won't fit............well I won't!

Jembug hope LO is getting better. My nephew had that when he was a baby. It is scary, but he was absolutely fine. Hope you are ok.

Eve, do you have to see you hv again? lol. Or are you going to clinic now? x

i love bathing with my babies! i did it with my son all the time but dont have much time now - i bathed with joshua the other day and he POOED in the bath! it was all yellow and floating around. i called OH to come save me hahaha.

when we bath joshua he screams until he touches the water and then just sort of goes limp and floats there staring into space looking all happy and chilled... then as soon as we take him out he goes mental again!!

I'm surrreeeee he smiled at me today my older son tried to hit him (grrr) and i saved him and sat there holding him and talking to him and he was looking at me all heading bobbing and staring and i swear he smiled! it looked different to the usual 'smiles' AND HE HAS A DIMPLE its the cutest thing i cant wait to see him smiling more :D

Jenni i hope you're feeling better!

Rach good luck with the weigh-in xxx

AGH I just wrote out a long post and accidentally pressed something and went back a page. GRR!

Wii, I'm thinking of giving up because Lennie is feeding every 2 hours on avg around the clock and I am exhausted and feel like I can't even function in the day, even if I nap.
My leakage and let-down gets me down, there is so much. My shells are great, but they have started leaking. My bed stinks, I stink of sour milk.

I feel so guilty about giving up but I can't even explain why. Clare I defo agree, it is the indecision that is just wearing me down.

Lennie is weighed on Wednesday and I kind of want to hold off a bit until then just to see how I done. I think it will make me feel I have made the right decision if he had only put on a little. Although it could have the opposite affect if he done ok! I am going to be even more agonised!

Wine, that is how I feel. I am stressing myself out thinking about it all the time and everyone is getting affected by it. I am so tired I feel like I can't even make decisions anymore.

Jenni, even before they are smiling with their mouth they smile with their eyes, well thats what i think. lol. Its lovely. I am sure his smile this morning was a smile, cos like you said, it was with his eyes too.

I had a bath with Lennie yesterday. It was lovely. He loves being in water, and afterwards he just zonked out all happy. We don't have a bath at our house (it made me not want to move here in the first place - but we were desperate) and I had one round my mums. I am going to do it every time we go around there. DD wants to come in next time too. lol. We won't fit............well I won't!

Jembug hope LO is getting better. My nephew had that when he was a baby. It is scary, but he was absolutely fine. Hope you are ok.

Eve, do you have to see you hv again? lol. Or are you going to clinic now? x

she is supposed to be coming next friday but if im not busy i might pop to the clinic thurs to get her weighed .

i love bathing with my babies! i did it with my son all the time but dont have much time now - i bathed with joshua the other day and he POOED in the bath! it was all yellow and floating around. i called OH to come save me hahaha.

when we bath joshua he screams until he touches the water and then just sort of goes limp and floats there staring into space looking all happy and chilled... then as soon as we take him out he goes mental again!!

I'm surrreeeee he smiled at me today my older son tried to hit him (grrr) and i saved him and sat there holding him and talking to him and he was looking at me all heading bobbing and staring and i swear he smiled! it looked different to the usual 'smiles' AND HE HAS A DIMPLE its the cutest thing i cant wait to see him smiling more :D

Jenni i hope you're feeling better!

Rach good luck with the weigh-in xxx

holly does the same . screams getting undressed for bath , goes limp floppy and chilled out while in it and screams when you get her out lol.

Lol. That's what Lennie does in the bath too!

He did fart in the bath I shared with him yesterday and I told him not to carry on! So far he hasn't done one in his little bath either. X

Brooklyn likes her baths too, but not when the water starts to get chilly...so after like 5 minutes, she wants out. She hasn't pooped in the tub yet, but she pooped when we had her nekky for pictures...right on the black sheet. lol

omggg i wannna join ladies!!!! lol :happydance:

my sweet baby boy Ayden was born February 10, 2011 @ 3:15am weighing 8lbs 6oz & 20 inches long :baby:

here are some piks

https://i938.photobucket.com/albums/ad230/misznessa/ayden1.jpg
https://i938.photobucket.com/albums/ad230/misznessa/ayden2.jpg
https://i938.photobucket.com/albums/ad230/misznessa/ayden4.jpg
https://i938.photobucket.com/albums/ad230/misznessa/ayden5.jpg
https://i938.photobucket.com/albums/ad230/misznessa/ayden.jpg

Hey misznessa :) x

Rach I felt almost exactly like you and this is what I did... First off have in your head that appatently at 6 weeks all the leakage and let down eases right up and it gets a bit more normal in fact mines already letting up a little now I've even gone without breast pads from time to time. Shock!!
Also I did give myself a bit of a break with the odd evening bottle of formula which worked for me. It also made me jealous of the person feeding him, and then I had to give him a bottle (expressing cos of thrush) it felt so wrong and now I feel a bit more positive about bf (as long as I get the thrush sorted). So maybe you could just give yourself the odd break and see how it feels. It maye just reassure you about bf or at least it will give you an extra 2 hours! Hugs x

aw big :hugs: rach. i am the opposite to you - i don't leak much at all, only in the night really, so i worry i haven't got much milk...espec as she could feed all day - she'll feed nod off for half an hour wake up and just want more boob. as shes not gaining much i think she must be hungry all the time :shrug: we'll have to meet up at the beach and moan about boobs!!

well had nightmare start today - put her in bouncy chair to do washing, she started crying so i left he a few mins to finish. pick her up, smelt bottom - not good had a peek - it's running down her leg under her trousers!! take her upstairs to change, her nappy has slipped down and it's also up her back lmao!! bright orange (is that upset tum? didn't look or smell right) it is so messy i had to bath her!! she cried until she got enough warm water on her, then she was happy..then cried as soon as she got out. got her all dried and changed again..then looked at my trousers - bright orange poo eurgh!!!!

she's fed and asleep now :) might walk in the village and get some eggs as it is all sunny here again, I loVE SPRING (please stay)

nothing like a poo explosion to start the day eh !!

eggs - for pancakes ? my ds is soo excited about having pancakes bless him

i have run out of washing to do ..shock horror that never happens but cus the sun is out im debating getting my curtain down ..or maybe not , maybe ill save it for my cleaner pmsl !

ha ha yep eggs for pancakes! my dad's coming over - we're ALL excited!!

your washing is worrying me, tho i seem to do lots of smaller loads now - there';s always something pooed, weed or sicked on!! leave the curtains for the cleaner tho lmao, hey perhaps they'll send you someone to clean the carpets too, i'd like that :)

i only have carpet on my stairs so thats not a problem for me !
yea the washing is worryng me too ie never been to the bottom of the pile ! i do have 3 big piles of ironing though ..oh well ! i guess by the time ds1 and oh get home there will be a big pile again lol

Washing is neverending! its even worse now - arrgh

and yesterday and today i really wanted to do my washing so it could go outside not on the clothes horse and guess what... the machine is being used by everyone else ! grr

Sun? What is this word you ladies speak of? I'm more accustomed to the 4 letter word Rain. :p

My little stinker has decided she will only sleep whilst being held today for some reason. Normally she does quite well on the couch or in her moses basket. So that means lots of ring sling time today. Only problem is I'm still not 100% healed so other than walk around with the sling on I can't really do much else without being in pain. Looks like a lazy day with cuddles today!

Yeh but Jenni you're up north lol! sun is not to be expected :p

I was in scotland for a wedding last year and it was outside and omg all the scottish people were standing there in summer dresses, kilts etc - all of us from down south who had travelled up were in jumpers shivering :p

p.s. lazy days are awesome, just chill with your bubba!!

Clare I have been changing clothes all day too! and cushion covers frm the sofa. lol. Lennie has brought up every feed today. I don't know if I should be worried? He had a poo as well earlier which was runny. I had cabbage yesterday. I think I am just going to stop eating every green.

Wii, I am feeling more positive today. I have been expressing and giving Lennie in a bottle. I LOVE hand expressing! It so much more less hassle and time than my electric pump and I can get more if I hand express. So today has been great in regards to feeding - apart from the sick.

Eve send your cleaner to me if they want to clean carpets. lol.

In the beginning the washing was horrendous! I think it was more I wasnt used to that a amount. Now I have my little routine with the washing its much better. lol. Its when DD cleans her room..........it gets full again - with clean clothes as well probably that she hasnt bothered checking. Or stuff she wears for one day. Oh I love that. lol. x

Aw glad to hear you're feeling a bit better about it today Rach :)

I don't know what's going on with Oscar, he's pretty much slept most of the last 24 hours I wonder whether it's growth spurt related idk? It's quite nice though, but as I'm expressing for all feeds at the moment I've still not had any spare time, but hey! x

who said about orange poo earlier grr no sooner had that post been made then we had an explosive orange poo was vile ! my midwife said her poo would change colour depening on what i was eating - dunno how true that is

wii - Lennie has spent most of the day asleep too!

lol. It must be a day for orange poo! x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->