February mummies 2011 <3

Hey Wine, thanks for all the tips...I know they weren't directed at me but hey! :)

Guys, Oscar wasn't gaining weight as fast as I thought either, but as wine said at least our lo's are gaining weight and not losing hey? :) Don't give up totally but you could always give an additional bottle of formula, or try as Wine says to boost your supply.

My mw said initially that Oscar had put on SO much weight (he was back to birth weight at 5days, and then another 7lbs 10 days later, hence why I was a bit gutted that he'd not continued) was because I was doing nothing and eating lots!! She said that all those who were running around doing too much and maybe not eating and drinking as much, their milk was maybe not as full of calories.

So you know what the answer is, rest up, get OH to do EVERYTHING and pig out like there's no tomorrow! :) Hugs xx

I know it's tough though, I'm currently exclusively expressing and bottle feeding because I've got thrush which is making bf too painful. It's really tough though cos it's like I'm bf and bottle feeding, as I've got all the sterlising to do and making up of bottles, checking there's enough supply etc, warming and feeding him, then once he's down somewhere, I've got to put the pump together and pump for half an hour/hour, then sterlise all of that too. Every single time he has a feed!!

Sorry to moan, but I'm a bit down about the thrush tbh...neither the mw nor the hv told me it could occur, especially as I had antibiotics for me infection after labour. Just seems like one thing after another.

On a brighter note we've had lots more smiles today!! After his sleepathon yesterday, he was up most of the night last night and then when I was nearly breaking this morning, he just smiled for about 2 minutes!! Makes it all better doesn't it? :) x

lucky hun i'm sorry i know it's dissapointing not seeing a good weight gain on the scales but if she seems healthy and happy and isn't losing weight then she's probably just gaining really slowly hun.

kellymom is a fab website for breastfeeding and they list all sorts which is meant to help boost your supply a bit - fenugreek, milk thistle or blessed thistle, brewers yeast, oats, mother milk plus etc etc. There are also certain foods which can reduce your supple so google and find out and make sure you're not eating them!

also make sure you either feed or express at least once between 1-4am because this is the time when your body has the most prolactin and sends more signals to produce MORE milk compared to any other time of the day.

Also lots and lots of water and rest and sleep!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (if possible hehe)

good luck girls you're all doing amazing bfing! xxx

i didnt know this !

Holly is asleep for the 1st time today i am KNACKERED , she has been feeding since 9 am she feeds , i wind her , she feeds some more , she poos , i change her , she feeds more and on and on it has gone all day . i had to put her down and leave her crying just so i could go for a wee ! guess this is the 4-6 week growth spurt starting !!

Hey Wine, thanks for all the tips...I know they weren't directed at me but hey! :)

Guys, Oscar wasn't gaining weight as fast as I thought either, but as wine said at least our lo's are gaining weight and not losing hey? :) Don't give up totally but you could always give an additional bottle of formula, or try as Wine says to boost your supply.

My mw said initially that Oscar had put on SO much weight (he was back to birth weight at 5days, and then another 7lbs 10 days later, hence why I was a bit gutted that he'd not continued) was because I was doing nothing and eating lots!! She said that all those who were running around doing too much and maybe not eating and drinking as much, their milk was maybe not as full of calories.

So you know what the answer is, rest up, get OH to do EVERYTHING and pig out like there's no tomorrow! :) Hugs xx

I know it's tough though, I'm currently exclusively expressing and bottle feeding because I've got thrush which is making bf too painful. It's really tough though cos it's like I'm bf and bottle feeding, as I've got all the sterlising to do and making up of bottles, checking there's enough supply etc, warming and feeding him, then once he's down somewhere, I've got to put the pump together and pump for half an hour/hour, then sterlise all of that too. Every single time he has a feed!!

Sorry to moan, but I'm a bit down about the thrush tbh...neither the mw nor the hv told me it could occur, especially as I had antibiotics for me infection after labour. Just seems like one thing after another.

On a brighter note we've had lots more smiles today!! After his sleepathon yesterday, he was up most of the night last night and then when I was nearly breaking this morning, he just smiled for about 2 minutes!! Makes it all better doesn't it? :) x

Hun just a tip from my days of exclusively expressing you don't need to sterilise bp after every use if you wash it and put it in a bag in the fridge between uses. Most EPers do this and only sterilise on once a day.

Have you been on the ivillage exclusively pumping message boards? There are lots more helpful tips on there and it's great support when expressing xxx

Hun just a tip from my days of exclusively expressing you don't need to sterilise bp after every use if you wash it and put it in a bag in the fridge between uses. Most EPers do this and only sterilise on once a day.

Have you been on the ivillage exclusively pumping message boards? There are lots more helpful tips on there and it's great support when expressing xxx

OMG, no I didn't know that! So if I just wash the bits afterwards (bag and fridge) it's fine is it? Phew...that'll make a big difference! thank you :) *off she trips to ivillage boards*...never been there before!

I just want to give all your breastfeeding momma's a big hug! :hugs: I think it's great how all of you a trying so hard to keep going with it and how everyone is helping each other out. I wish the best for all your boobs! hahaha.

In regards to the kicking off of the covers I love swaddling as well! The midwife always swaddled Phoebe in the hospital she she was helping me with her and she seemed to like it so much we just kept up with it. Now we have the greatest things ever, Swaddlemes! . Ok now I you can easily just use a blanket but my LO always wriggles her self out of it so these things are fantastic. We got a set of 3 for only £24 at mother care and I simply can not fault them :)

I've just spent the last half an hour crying. I was steralising bottles and it just started me off. There is one more frozen breast milk and I can't come to terms that it might be ending.

I was with my sister today and her baby - who is 3 weeks was weighed this morning and has put on 9oz. Also with Lennie next to Joe you can see he is jaundiced against Joe's pale skin. I guess I don't notice it when on our own.

Thanks wine. I do swaddle, but not properly. How do you put their arms? I read somewhere earlier that you can put them down beside their bodies...........normally his are crossed across his body but he breaks free! x

Yeh hun their arms need to go straight down their sides or else its easy for them to escape, make sure you do it when their arms are floppy and not when they are trying to resist! :)

you're getting lennie weighed tomorrow aren't you? good luck!

as for the jaundice let him get as much sun as poss, and if your bfing make sure you get as much sun as poss as well - bf babies get less vitamin d than formula fed babies as they add it to the formula.

if hes ever sitting or laying (On a bouncy chair, play mat, moses basket, swing etc) place it in front of your windows or doors so that the light is coming through (obviously not in his eyes hehe)

Just remember whatever happens in the end you've done amazing already xxx

thanks everyone :)

i tried expressing this pm, whilst isabel slept on me...then she woke up so i gave her her expressed milk (1 oz :dohh:) but that wasn't enough so she went on the boob afterwards!! she has fed for most of the afternoon except for the school run, netball match run, youth club run!! and she had a nice awake time just as i was going to school. she has just fed during my dinner (i'm home alone with the 3 girls tonight) then nodded off, put her in the moses basket to do the dishes, 5 mins later awake again wanting more boob. now conked out on the boob again.

she keeps being sick today so it may be she wants the comfort. poor little girlie :hugs: i might have to go to bed soon - the big girls are having their baths, guess i can't go before them, lmao!!

lucky do you use a dummy at all? it may help if she wants to comfort suck a lot just to give you a bit of time to do things (like rest!!! lol) xxx

I've just spent the last half an hour crying. I was steralising bottles and it just started me off. There is one more frozen breast milk and I can't come to terms that it might be ending.

I was with my sister today and her baby - who is 3 weeks was weighed this morning and has put on 9oz. Also with Lennie next to Joe you can see he is jaundiced against Joe's pale skin. I guess I don't notice it when on our own.

Thanks wine. I do swaddle, but not properly. How do you put their arms? I read somewhere earlier that you can put them down beside their bodies...........normally his are crossed across his body but he breaks free! x

big :hugs: rach, we'll look back on his in a few months time and wonder why we were so stressed.

lucky do you use a dummy at all? it may help if she wants to comfort suck a lot just to give you a bit of time to do things (like rest!!! lol) xxx

no, i've never used a dummy. might be worth a try though :shrug:

i just feel like if she had a good big feed, than she'd have a good big sleep and wake up more and be more ready for another big feed....rather than all the grazing. but perhaps that's just the way my babies are?!!

Thanks wine! That must be where I am going wrong. He does put up a fight sometimes when being swaddled, i will have to stroke his head to relax him. lol.

Lennie is zonked out! I finished giving him bottle and plonked him on DD and he fell asleep.

photo(8).jpg

I do get him in the light, I didnt realise about me though.

He is being weighed tomorrow and I can't wait. I hope my calculations were wrong as usual. lol.
It feels like this week has gone so slow just waiting for tomorrow.

Clare I know! Did you bf before? x

he does look gorgeous rach! yes i did bf before.

lol thank you.

I bf with Eve and I can't remember ever having problems like I am now. Is it down to the babies or mother or just each individual time? x

Hey there ladies..... how are you all. i am so sorry that i havent been around... it has been crazy here with visitors etc....

how is everyone going??

We are no longer bfing :( which sucks arse!!! He was just too hungry for us... :(

Rachael Lennie is so cute, good luck with weighting today :hugs:

Mummy to be fab avatar pic 2 cuties :)

Were having problems with pooping she is going but only at night so all day she is trying but not happening, the cool boiled water just making her get up lots of wind any tips ladies for consitpation :(

my baby is a month old !!!!! i cant believe it !!!!!!

she slept well last night i woke at 3 ish and she was stiring so i gave her a boob but she didnt really want it she had 5 mins worth then went back to leep till 6:30 where she had a massive feed and a massive poop ! he has been asleep the past hour and a half in her pushchair from the school run so prob due to be a mil machine any minute now lol

on a compleltley unrelated subject i been doing that 30 day song thing on facebook - (saw it on your wall ley) ..anyway while looking for a song today i found an mtv video i never new existed with me on it ! from 14 years ago !!! good times !

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->