February mummies 2011 <3

eve it's very true hun - if you're bfing then expect rainbow poos depending on what you eat lol

apparently lots of people eat jelly and then absolutely panic when the poo is red as they think it could be blood or something!

When I breast fed eve i was making her christning cake and kept eating the pink icing as I was doing it and my milk was pink.

I think I'm going to make some red jelly while I'm still feeding him.

My boobs aren't seeming to fill up from this afternoon. It Made me sad cos I'm still so indecisive. I think I'm probably messing up my supply switching between breast and expressed.

ha im gonna make a jelly to see lol !

I feel really shitty tonight. I used to love how I looked and now I'm a big fat lumpy mess and it's going to take forever to look normal again.

I feel really shitty tonight. I used to love how I looked and now I'm a big fat lumpy mess and it's going to take forever to look normal again.

Me too...I really loved my pregnant body...now I look like a saggy cow.

@Rachael, you won't mess up your supply hun, your boobs do start to feel less full after a few weeks as they get into your babies routine. My boobs only ever feel full first thing in the morning and sometimes if she sleeps a little longer and goes longer between feeds.
You are doing a fantastic job hun, please try not to worry so much xxx

@Wine, you just had a baby 3 weeks ago! you have plenty of time to lose the weight and if you are worried what other people think, anyone who is bothered by it shouldn't matter.
I feel more comfortable with my body now than I have ever been. I grew 3 lovely children inside me and so what if my body isn't perfect, it is responsible for 3 perfect little girls.

Everyone has seemed a little down in this thread lately and it makes me sad, we all have so much to be happy for ladies, I know it can be tough but try to keep positive.

(((hugs for everyone)))

Ley love your pic of your 3 girls and I agree back to talking about babies smiling :haha:

But I'm shattered night feeds are hitting me like a brick wall the last few days, Cailin is still constipated and it's at night wen the pain kicks in the poor little pet gets some pain water seems to be helping and the infocol.

One good thing were chicken pox free and my DS is gone back to school so I'm going to go have a nap and dream of someone doing my house work ESP the washing :haha:

Great night last night! Fed her at 9:30 she didn't wake up till 4am! Then again at 8am! This is our ideal routine for her if she keeps it up! :) Even more ideal as Hubby gets up and does the 4am feed for me. I got a whole 8 hours sleep!

ley - where do i get a 1 month milestone thingy from ?

i still dont fit in my clothes , im hoping that running round after 3 kids will help me lose weight ..though i prob should stop stuffing myself of chocolate , bf makes me hungry though and super thirsty - ive never drank so much in my life dont remember it being like that with my son , guess you just forget.

holly was super hungry at her feed last night she fed from one breast till sheseemed frustrated with it like it was empty iykwim , i then changed her nappy and she went mad for the other one , she had that for ages constant feeding till she got frustrated with that one and then went back to the other (i fell asleep then ) but she was feedng constantly for about 1 hr 20 mins ! then was awake 2 hours later for more and then an hour after that for some more and now just over an hour later looks like she is ready again .. i wonder if we are starting the 4-6 week growth spurt .. oh well i was only going to iron today anyway :p

they are all here hun
https://s1233.photobucket.com/albums/ff393/milky_mommy/?start=all

forgot to say I weighed Megan at the self weigh place yesterday and she has gained another 8ozs making her 8lbs 14.5ozs

aww jenni thats great!

Last night Lennie went from 11-5. Then 7.30am - my alarm woke me up rather than him and I panicked something was wrong cause he went over the 2 hour feeding window. lol.

Wine, I think you are doing so well with your healthy eating and exercise - you are really motivated. It has only been a couple of weeks since having J, but you will get there eventually.

Lennie has started kicking his covers off him at night - does anyone elses LO do this? I do have one of those sleeping bag things so I might start using that. x

ley - where do i get a 1 month milestone thingy from ?

i still dont fit in my clothes , im hoping that running round after 3 kids will help me lose weight ..though i prob should stop stuffing myself of chocolate , bf makes me hungry though and super thirsty - ive never drank so much in my life dont remember it being like that with my son , guess you just forget.

holly was super hungry at her feed last night she fed from one breast till sheseemed frustrated with it like it was empty iykwim , i then changed her nappy and she went mad for the other one , she had that for ages constant feeding till she got frustrated with that one and then went back to the other (i fell asleep then ) but she was feedng constantly for about 1 hr 20 mins ! then was awake 2 hours later for more and then an hour after that for some more and now just over an hour later looks like she is ready again .. i wonder if we are starting the 4-6 week growth spurt .. oh well i was only going to iron today anyway :p

Lennie is feeding every hour too. I'm doing it myself as well cause I can't keep up with the expressing. i'll just go and read my book again....................

yep ive been getting through more books than ever since holly was born .. breastfeeding requires a book and a cuppa and my laptop lol !

sleeping bags - they are great rach holly has been in hers since day 3 and both my boys had them till about 18 months old as everyone here is a cover kicker.

Oh thats brill! I'll use it tonight then. I brought some up to 18 months. Does their arms get cold?

lol. I love reading and if i wasn't feeding him I wouldn't get the chance.

I weighed Lennie a bit ago and there was 10lb difference between our weights. He was clothed so I have weighed his clothes and nappy separately and they came to 7oz! Couldn't believe they weighed that much. If its true then he has only put on 2.5oz. :-(

For those who have dummies, does your baby have a favourite? x

yep ive been getting through more books than ever since holly was born .. breastfeeding requires a book and a cuppa and my laptop lol !

sleeping bags - they are great rach holly has been in hers since day 3 and both my boys had them till about 18 months old as everyone here is a cover kicker.

Oh I forgot to ask - do you use the sleeping bag in a moses basket? x

I went to the midwife today to get Isabel weighed, she was less than on hv scales on Monday :( these are her normal scales so she has put on2 oz in 9 days. Mw said I need to give her extra milk ideally by expressing. But I feel like she feeds all day already so feel like I am not giving her enough. I feel like crying :( I'm going to try expressing but last time ihad to feed it to her straight away and can't seehow itwill help :shrug:

Sorry to be so miserable just I feel so useless

Clare don't feel useless. You are doing the best you can.

I don't really know what else to say because the same is happening with me and I feel the same. :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

have u girls tried boosting your supply by eating oats and taking fenugreek ? i dont know what else to suggest . you are doing great though at least thry are gaining weight not losing :)

yes i use sleeping bag in moses not that she sleeps in it but thats another matter lol , arms dont get cold if in a sleepsuit holly is in 0-6 month bags atm . best placeto get them from is tk max you can usually get them for a tenner proper grobag ones

Rachael - have you tried swaddling with your blankets? i find swaddling works best as it keeps their arms tight as sometimes the startle reflex (where their hands suddenly jump) wakes them up... and then i switch to a sleeping back after 3 or 4 months. You can google for the standard swaddle instructions if you have a square blanket but if you have a bigger blanket this is my favourite swaddle ever! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vMBn-hdA3e8 in this video she uses 2 blankets but you can just do it with the first blanket unless its really cold then you can add one. it takes a couple of tries till you do it easily and then it takes like 2 seconds to do and joshua sleeps like that every night from when we put him down till the next day, even through feeds etc. (we only change his nappy in the night if he poos)

lucky hun i'm sorry i know it's dissapointing not seeing a good weight gain on the scales but if she seems healthy and happy and isn't losing weight then she's probably just gaining really slowly hun.

kellymom is a fab website for breastfeeding and they list all sorts which is meant to help boost your supply a bit - fenugreek, milk thistle or blessed thistle, brewers yeast, oats, mother milk plus etc etc. There are also certain foods which can reduce your supple so google and find out and make sure you're not eating them!

also make sure you either feed or express at least once between 1-4am because this is the time when your body has the most prolactin and sends more signals to produce MORE milk compared to any other time of the day.

Also lots and lots of water and rest and sleep!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (if possible hehe)

good luck girls you're all doing amazing bfing! xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->