February mummies 2011 <3

Aww rach that's such a cute pic!!!

eve - how can you be in a video and not know?!?! haha

I completely overslept today i'm knackered - luckily jakob refused to sleep in his day time nap yesterday which means he overslept too! phew

Can't believe how quick this is all going! Joshua will be a month old in 2 days. Remember when we were all getting fed up of being pregnant and half of us going overdue and it was like arghhhhhhhh

nice he overslept too wine !

it only seems a couple of days ago we were all moaning doesnt it .

as for the video - i vaugley remember the cameras being at the gig but i didnt know what it was for or anything was just strange to see me aged 16 ..memories !

i was thinking the other day i wonder who will be the 1st feb 2011 mummy to have another baby .

Omg not me!! Lol I always wanted at least 3 but I honestly don't think I could go through it again. If I ever did have another (would prob lime to try for a girl hehe) it would be in about 4 years as I'll be at uni in the meantime!

i must admit OMG was my first thought too....lets hope it's none of us 3. i do feel a bit broody but i just couldn't cope with 4!!

I tried the old wives tales for a boy Wine....it didn't work lmao! But i wouldn't have it any other way :)

im still broody too clare , i am finding quite hard to think that this is the last time ill have a tiny baby , and the last time ill breastfeed etc etc

Omg I do want to have another 1 but seriously may think of adoption I am traumatised from his birth and aftermath :( am sure it'll ease with time but idk??

Oscars sleeping has regressed he was up every 2 hours last night and the night before I'm knackered! He's not slept much this morning either :(

Can't believe how quickly time is flying by...Oscar is 6weeks old today can you believe it?? Wow another 6weeks and he'll be 3 months gone!

Wii I'm right there with you. Hubby and I have had a serious talk about adoption as at the moment there's no way I'll ever go through this again. We actually had this talk while I was pregnant as well as I had a horrible time of it then too. But then again I've been getting really excited at thinking it'll just be her for the rest of our lives. I can spoil her rotten! hahaha.

I can't believe your LO is 6 weeks already! It seems crazy how close 3 weeks in together where as I feel like your LO is way older than Phoebe already.

Today hubby and I are starting a "routine". Said loosely as I'm still quite a marsupial momma and could never completely give up our nap time in bed together. :cloud9: But we're finding she's not feeding well and though she seems to be sleeping during the night she's a big fuss bucket during the day. We'll see how this goes.

I've just finished the last piece of work for the course I'm doing, my exam is on monday now and i'm terrified! Wish me luck!!! If I fail now the last two years of studying have been for NOTHING and my university place will be taken away :(

Wine I am sure you will do fine, you have been so great with info for all of us on here. Think you will be a fab midwife, I know it will not be for a while and with lots of hard work.

Good luck and hope oh will help out so you can revise!

Wii I'm right there with you. Hubby and I have had a serious talk about adoption as at the moment there's no way I'll ever go through this again. We actually had this talk while I was pregnant as well as I had a horrible time of it then too. But then again I've been getting really excited at thinking it'll just be her for the rest of our lives. I can spoil her rotten! hahaha.

I can't believe your LO is 6 weeks already! It seems crazy how close 3 weeks in together where as I feel like your LO is way older than Phoebe already.

Today hubby and I are starting a "routine". Said loosely as I'm still quite a marsupial momma and could never completely give up our nap time in bed together. :cloud9: But we're finding she's not feeding well and though she seems to be sleeping during the night she's a big fuss bucket during the day. We'll see how this goes.

Are you bfing jenni? Isabel eats all day then sleeps for longer at night, which is great at night. :haha: I think I should be thinking about routine too but generally like a fairly flexible life.... Let us know what you do, and if it works! It would be nice to have a LITTLE time when I wasn't in charge of Isabel!

wine I didnt know you were going to uni to be a midwife! Clares right, you'll do fine - you are a wealth of information on here.

We've been to the HV. Lennie now weighs 9lb12. (i obviously can't convert) so he's put on 8oz. I'm really happy with that - but hes dropped a line on his chart. I don't get it. It's left me more confused about what to do. I really wanted the HV to tell me what to do. lol. in the end decided to give him bottle expressed milk and top up a couple of times a day with formula. It was all really overwhelming and I had to really try hard to not cry and wanted to get out of there cos of this, i just said i'd try that, but I can't express as much as he wants feeds. So I can't do that and i'm back in the land of indecisive.

Aw Rach don't worry you'll not be giving up on him just topping up! :) he's obviously just a hungry baby. But if hes put on 8oz surely thats good going?
Ive just had to stop bf this morning midfeed because the pain was so mug and finish O off with a bottle. I so wanted to bf and enjoy the experience but all I know is pain and I'm sick of it. Still desperate not to stop but not sure how much more I can take. :(

Bex, when are you back to docs, tomorrow?

Rach 8oz sounds great but I know what you mean a out indecision. Sometimes you wish someone would just tell you what to do! See if mixing works ?

Rachael 8oz is really good, he may have dropped a line but now he's gaining weight he may stick to that line or even go back up again, when are you getting him weighed next? did the HV advise anything or just leave you to decide for yourself?

If you decide to express and top up with formula I always found it better to do it in the same bottle. some people for example if giving 5 bottles would do 4bottles milk 1 bottle formula... but i find it's better to do 5 bottles 75% milk 25% formula.... if you get my drift!

wiiwidow i hope you feel better soon hun xxx

8oz is great rach .

wii - have you contacted a LC or someone for advise for the pain ?

wine - you will do fab just think positive , i have no idea how you have managed 2 years of study with a young child and being pregnant if you can do that then the exam will be a breeze im sure :)

Holly is in a better routine today after yesterdays constant feeding frenzy she fed at 8 , 11 , and 2:30 - i like that routine lets hope she sticks to it lol

Bex, when are you back to docs, tomorrow?
Sadly no, I had rearranged it til Monday, because things seemed to be getting better this morning and I wanted to wait a bit longer to see if the current treatment worked before getting the fluconozole which I am a little freaked out about having. Apparently it's off license and can have some scary side affects. (well can't any drug, but I know its a lot to expect my lo to have through my milk, so best to try something else first, hey?) But then the pain when I tried this afternoon was just excrutiating again. :cry:
Not sure if I can face it through til the end of next week now...

If you decide to express and top up with formula I always found it better to do it in the same bottle. some people for example if giving 5 bottles would do 4bottles milk 1 bottle formula... but i find it's better to do 5 bottles 75% milk 25% formula.... if you get my drift!

wiiwidow i hope you feel better soon hun xxx

Wine I didn't know you could do that...why does that make a difference do you think? Also how much formula is your lo taking in one feed? O seems to be very sporadic, but never takes more than 4 and more often between 2-3ozs. But on the formula box it says he should be having 4-5ozs??
And thanks :)

8oz is great rach .
wii - have you contacted a LC or someone for advise for the pain ?
Thanks Eve, I went to the breast feeding clinic last week, and they confirmed I had a pretty perfect latch so it wasn't that. She said there's only 2 causes of pain in breast feeding, the latch and thrush. So it looks (and sounds) like thrush. Have been given some treatment from a gp who knew bugger all about it, and am not convinced it's going to work. Next step is fluconozole antibiotics, but tbh I'm just having a moan cos I'm so gutted that I can't just enjoy breast feeding my lo. :cry: Don't know if I'll be able to keep on with the expressing, may just give up and go on to formula...

Rach 8oz sounds great but I know what you mean a out indecision. Sometimes you wish someone would just tell you what to do! See if mixing works ?

Thats what I am thinking - I am googling combi-feeding now.

Rachael 8oz is really good, he may have dropped a line but now he's gaining weight he may stick to that line or even go back up again, when are you getting him weighed next? did the HV advise anything or just leave you to decide for yourself?

Yeah I was really happy with the 8oz. More than happy. The line thing confused me. She has asked me to go again next wednesday. Is being on the 50 line ok?

HV advised to express and give couple of bottles of formula - but I think she was just going with what I was saying........until then everything she was saying I was replying "I don't know" I must have been so annoying. I wasnt really listening, I was trying to stop myself from crying and when I got myself together I just agreed with that :-S
I do struggle to express enough in time for his feed.........so think for now I am going to try and bf and a bottle at night and another one sometime else through the day. I'm also going to do bottles for when I go out cause its just much easier for me than all the paraphernalia involved when I have no NIP.

Lennie has been awake 3 hours and is fighting sleeping! lol. I hope he sleeps well tonight. x

rach, being on the 50 line is great - means he is about average weight. and then you just want him to follow that rough line :thumbup:

what does nip stand for?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"