February mummies 2011 <3

nursing in public.............or anywhere really, even at my mums. I jst get milk everywhere. x

NIP = nurse in public.

I'm wondering if I have thrush because my nipples are kinda sore...Although, I thought we fixed our latch problem, but I know at night we are both to tired to get latched properly...so that probably doesn't help...and then, it's only sore when she first starts nursing, and it eases off after like 10 seconds or so...which just sounds like it hurts before my milk lets-down...but they are sore when she's not nursing (like when they rub against my bra). Ugh.

wii are you on facebook ? if you are check out a page called theleakyboob post on their wall i have found them helpful they might suggest something for your thrush problems.

Omg goingto my first zumba class in 15mins - I'm scared! lol xx

NIP = nurse in public.

I'm wondering if I have thrush because my nipples are kinda sore...Although, I thought we fixed our latch problem, but I know at night we are both to tired to get latched properly...so that probably doesn't help...and then, it's only sore when she first starts nursing, and it eases off after like 10 seconds or so...which just sounds like it hurts before my milk lets-down...but they are sore when she's not nursing (like when they rub against my bra). Ugh.

Could be the start of it...keep an eye on it but for now try taking some probiotics (tablets, or live yoghurt or something) as it might help your body to fight it off?

lol good luck wine! I hope you have fun.

I like reading all the blinkies. I know I asked Leanne this but can someone put the link for the bf milestone? x

ooh wine good luck , my cousin reckons its fab i could do with doing something like that but no one to have all my kids ill have to stick to the wii fit when they are in bed etc

link for sig thingys https://s1233.photobucket.com/albums/ff393/milky_mommy/?start=all

:hi: Ladies! Is this where u guys are hangin out these days? Congrats to everyone :happydance: Winegums can you add my Lil Lob in to page 1. Devin Noel born on Feb 5th weighing 9lbs 2 ozs.

I spend very little quality time on bnb these days but dip in and out plenty. How do you girls manage so much time on here? Devin is a really efficient feeder - he's on and off the boob within a half hour but somehow I still seem to have no time. What am I doing wrong?

Are your LO's farters? Devin is an unbelievable farter! He makes his Dad very proud! But he gets lots of pains with it and today he's only had one dirty nappy and has been FULL of painful wind. I don't think its anything I've eaten coz heres been nothing different over the past couple of days. Just wondering if anyone else has had the same thing? Sorry if you've had this discussion in previous pages.

thanks rach an virginia!

yes eve i love them...must check them out!! we ought to start a list of where we have nursed... i have managed local cafe, tesco cafe, burger king, local pub (at lunch when quiet!!)doctors, hospital, keyboard, doing my girls' hair, dinner table.

i am much less bothered now luckily ...but wouldn't want to in front of my dad :blush:!!

:hi: Ladies! Is this where u guys are hangin out these days? Congrats to everyone :happydance: Winegums can you add my Lil Lob in to page 1. Devin Noel born on Feb 5th weighing 9lbs 2 ozs.

I spend very little quality time on bnb these days but dip in and out plenty. How do you girls manage so much time on here? Devin is a really efficient feeder - he's on and off the boob within a half hour but somehow I still seem to have no time. What am I doing wrong?

Are your LO's farters? Devin is an unbelievable farter! He makes his Dad very proud! But he gets lots of pains with it and today he's only had one dirty nappy and has been FULL of painful wind. I don't think its anything I've eaten coz heres been nothing different over the past couple of days. Just wondering if anyone else has had the same thing? Sorry if you've had this discussion in previous pages.

yep mine farts and burps all the time!! my girls think it's hilarious!!

there is a thread in the breastfeeding forum called "where did you nip today" and every day we all go on and post where we have nipped.

I love doing it and I don't care if anyone has a problem with me doing it. No one would bat an eyelid if I pulled a bottle out to feed her.

i have decided i HATE expressing. the pump doesn't seem to get much out today so i am "milking" myself into OMG i can't believe i am even posting this lmao!

there is a thread in the breastfeeding forum called "where did you nip today" and every day we all go on and post where we have nipped.

I love doing it and I don't care if anyone has a problem with me doing it. No one would bat an eyelid if I pulled a bottle out to feed her.

thats so funny - i'm gonna find it!!

What an awesome thread - power to bfing!!! lol

lucky 3 if the pump isnt working well try not to use it or to try different positions on you boob because its not flexible like a babies mouth the flange can actually sit on top of some of the holes milk come out of which leads to blocked milk ducts

With jakob my breast pump was great but my boobs are bigger now and already on the biggest sized flanges but they were too small now, so i had to hand express - which is near on impossible with CTS i swear it was agony - not only my boobs were killing but my hands too!

In terms of draining milk efficiently from the breast it goes baby>mothers hand>breast pump. though obviously if you're expressing a lot bps are a god send

ooh i want to find the thread too ! not that we go out much anyway but i have nursed at my sons karate lessons and exam , at ds2's playgroup and in frankie and bennies. nip doesnt bother me at all as long as i have a comfy seat :p

clare- my dad sat next to me on my sofa and i fed holly with the boob nearest him lmao didnt bother me at all but he purposley looked away and didnt make eye contact with me until i had finished lol !

Chilly - I only manage time on here at night when LO is asleep and when I'm NAK (nursing at keyboard). Lol

Well last night was great! Lennie had last feed from me and top up from formula at 11.30 and he slept until 7.15. I don't know if that was cause he was awake 4 hours at tea time yesterday or jst a good night.

This morning different matter! Lennie was obviously hungry and fed off both boobs for over an hour. Looked at the clock and it was 8.36 and I hadnt done eves lunch, she hadnt had breakfast, Lennie was still feeding and me and Lennie both wasnt dressed. OH thankfully was still here and made eves lunch and took her to school.

I really hope that lennies marathon session on the breast means he will go longer now...................we are now on the 2 hour mark............and going past it. lol.

i am much less bothered now luckily ...but wouldn't want to in front of my dad :blush:!!

Lol, when I feed round my parents I do it in front of my dad, he just carries on watching TV - not looking at me. When I am round my sisters my BIL goes and sits on the table behind me. lol.

i have decided i HATE expressing. the pump doesn't seem to get much out today so i am "milking" myself into OMG i can't believe i am even posting this lmao!

I don't like my pump either. I wish I never brought it. I find hand expressing much easier, but I agree I do feel like I am milking myself like a cow. lol.

I do it mostly on my phone so I can do it while I am feeding Lennie......or i'm on my laptop now and reeeeeeeeeeally shouldnt be cause I need to be cleaning!

Lennie is a farter too. He also follows through with every one! Not much, but there is almost always a little bit of mess in his nappy.

Yesterday when we were getting ready to go to the HV I changed his nappy before we went, then 5 minutes later he farted so I had to change it again! Got to the HV and took his clothes off and his nappy was dirty again!

:haha: love that word.

In terms of draining milk efficiently from the breast it goes baby>mothers hand>breast pump. though obviously if you're expressing a lot bps are a god send

Do you have any good techniques on hand expressing? To make sure the milk is being drained? x

Zumba after only 3 weeks PP?!?! You're my idol Wine! I can barely shave my legs still! :lol:

So am I the only one Formula Feeding then? You ladies are all doing so amazing with your boobs, I'm very envious. Keep it up! :thumbup:

wow nice nights sleep rach !
i took holly to bed at 10 ish she fussed and fed till about 11:30 i think , she woke for a feed at just gone 4 and a nappy change went back to sleep at 5 and was still asleep for the school run at 8:40 ..ofc she woke up as soon as i moved her so screamed for most of the journey there and back lol ! i think she would have gone longer than 4 but ds2 was crying and screaming so i had to get up to him and me getting in and out the bed disturbed her .
i think im gonna attempt the moses basket again or the travelcot now she is going a bit longer see what happens, i love having her in our bed but i just feel like im making things harder for myself for the future.
hubby is keen to get her out of our bed for different reasons .. a reason for me to keep her in lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->