February mummies 2011 <3

Jenni I am ffing too and honestly feel really envious but I do love reading everyone's bfing posts - living vicariously through you guys! Hehe

Rach I'll put up some links later Hun xxx

Wine, I meant to say best of luck for your exam on Monday...I am constantly in awe of you - losing weight, exercising, being pregnant/having a newborn whilst studying and also having a toddler...I can't even manage the newborn! Respect!

Lucky, Rach, I was having a nose at the ivillage forums (thanks wine) and saw this, might help to try some for boosting of supply:
Herbs
If you are planning to try any herbs, you can check out Kelly Mom for recommended dosages, more information and for possible side effects.
https://www.kellymom.com/herbal/milksupply/herbal_galactagogue.html
You can start off at a lower dose and then gradually increase it until you see your supply increasing.
The most commonly used galactagogue (thing that increases milk supply) are:
Blessed thistle (or milk thistle) stimulates milk production, especially in combination with red raspberry leaves. Blessed thistle is also an antioxidant. Use up to 4 capsules, 3 times a day.
Fenugreek is the most common galactagogue and lactation herb. Fenugreek can be taken as herbal tea twice or thrice a day. Use up to 4 capsules, 3 times a day. Fenugreek is also considered a uterine stimulant, so do not use this herb if you are pregnant.
Fennel seed stimulates milk flow and relieves gas and coli
Hops has been used to increase mother&#8217;s milk (which is why they say to drink beer while nursing)!
Alfalfa is a good supplement to another galactagoue (e.g. blessed thistle) as it is rich in vitamins and minerals, including iron, calcium, and Vitamin K (the blood coagulant vitamin). Use up to 4 capsules, 3 times a day.
Red raspberry Leaf is also a good supplement to another galactagoue, as it is high in vitamins and minerals. Soon after birth, it will also help the uterus to recover and regain its size and shape quickly. Take as a tea, up to six times a day.
You can also try blends of herbs, e.g. https://www.motherlove.com/
Oatmeal
Many ladies swear by oatmeal as a way of increasing supply. Take a bowl of it every morning&#8230; Or if you prefer &#8211; make flapjacks!

Link: https://forums.ivillage.com/t5/Roll...-p/116687945/message-uid/116687945#U116687945

Thank you wiiwidow!

some of OHs family are down from scotland this weekend so today we're going to see them and tomorrow hopefully going to the zoo! should be a fun weekend but how am i going to find time to revise lol!!

So annoyed, went to register joshuas birth this morning, yeh i know we've taken our time lol!

well the story is the hospital in our borough is horrible and i had a horrible experience with the midwives there with my son, so we had joshua at a hospital JUST outside the borough by about a 5 minute drive. the midwives there were amazing so i'm glad we decided to!

Anyway went to get him registered in our borough but no we're not allowed as he was born outside the borough. So now we need to get him registered in the office of the borough he was born in. The fun thing is the nearest register office in that borough is bloody AGES away the other end of the borough.

The women at the office today was so rude as well i was trying to talk to her and she just kept talking over me when i was trying to ask her stuff. ARGH. AND on there website it says 'you only need appointments if you want to come in on a saturday or sunday' and she told me i was lying and i had to make an appointment... when we didn't even need one last time when we registered my son there!

argh!!!!!!!! </rant>

how annoying wine, its like that here if i had had holly in the hospital i had scans etc i would have had to go to a different office to register her , even though that hospital is closer to me than one that is in my borough ..go figure !

about the oats etc ..i wonder if that i why i was addicted to flapjacks during my pregnancy ..i still am quite partial tbh.

Wine let me guess the hospital you didn't want to go to was St Helier???

Ohhh wiiwidow how did you know that? Lol! Had a really bad time there when I had my son and never want to go back now lol (even though apparently it's improved)

well my boys are at their grandmas ,so its just me , hubby and holly . weare going to attempt a meal out so ill def have another place to add to the nip list lol !

have any of you bf had a drink yet ? oh just asked me if i would be having wine with my meal.

I had half a glass of pink champagne on the day she was born - my dad got it for us. I only thought about bfing half way through! :dohh: she didn't seem to notice :)

Do enjoy your night out eve :)

Ohhh wiiwidow how did you know that? Lol! Had a really bad time there when I had my son and never want to go back now lol (even though apparently it's improved)

Haha I lived in Sutton/Hackbridge/carshalton for many years and knew St helier and it's reputation very well!! Did you go to Epsom in the end? I must admit is never want to be treated at St helier if I could help
It!!

We went to the doctor today. Brooklyn and I have mild thrush. She's up to 11 pounds though now, so I feel pretty good about that.

We went to the doctor today. Brooklyn and I have mild thrush. She's up to 11 pounds though now, so I feel pretty good about that.

Boo to thrush and yay for 11 lbs, well done Virginias boobies :haha:

sorry about your thrush virginia:(

we just got back from a 3 course meal at mexican . holly slept the whole way through and woke up in car on way home :D

Ew Sorry about the thrush Virginia.

Glad you got a good meal Eve!

I'm buzzing right now. Buzzed for the first time in 10 months. I've have the odd glass of wine here or there I admit. But tonight I had 3 glasses and a Bacardi and coke. Man I miss this. For the first time in 10 months I feel like me again. I don't think I can ever give this up again.

Jenni I'm formula feeding too :) tried bf it didn't work and I was hoping 3rd time lucky :(
Oh cheers to u I so miss my Friday night glasses of wine Lo is 5wks going to wait till mothers day to have a glass or 2 or maybe 3 enjoy x

There's hoping to a good nights sleep all :hugs:

Grrrrrr i. Want sleep ffs!!!!!!!!!!!! Went to sleep at 12 up at 1.30 and haven't been able to sleep since - it's not even Joshua he's been perfect I just cannot sleep - yet I'm so shattered!? I don't understand :(

Wine your brain is probably too full!! Hope you got some sleep eventually.

Jenni, so glad you feel like you again... and I'm a bit jealous. My friends all went to the pub last night but I was too tired and knew I shouldn't drink. So I watched gardeners world instead :haha: there are definite pluses to ffing!

gardeners world - lmao !

i lay in bed till 9:30 i feel so much better !

had a good night i fed a H at 10:30 - 11 ish , she was still a bit fussy but didnt want food - she wanted to use me as a dummy but i was good ..i swadled her up tight and put her in the moses basket while she was awake , turned off the lights and rocked it slightly , she grumped for about 5 minutes but didnt cry and then fell asleep and stayed there till just gone 3 so im quite pleased with that ..however i fell asleep after her 3 o clock feed so she stayed in the bed with us , i woke up at 6:50 figured it was pointless moving her bac as she would want a feed soon ..and she did , gave her the 7:30 feed and she is still snuggled up in bed with hubby bless.

so an improvement on getting her to sleep at least ..will try again tonight

excellent eve - you are definitely getting there...i think i am going to try swaddling and Moses basket next week or week after. its just the knowing i'm going to be more tired before I'm less tired i guess.

here is Isabel at 2 and a half weeks :) i didn't quite catch her smile but you can see the disappearing dimples, just!!

Attachments

• 19 days.jpg
    19 days.jpg
    24.4 KB · Views: 0
oh she is a sweety clare ! i tried to get smiles pics but no luck really so far lol

Clare she's beautiful. U can see a little smile there.

Eve that's great on getting her to sleep in basket!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->