February mummies 2011 <3

Aw Ciara so cute :) x o has really dry skin on his face and we were told to use aqueous cream as soap before his bath and then e45 afterwards. Might be worth a try?

Wine poor you...do you really need to or is that to get to your ideal weight? I've got to lose 2st just to get back to what I was and I'd like to lose another stone ideally blimey...!

As for returning to work at the moment I'd love to be a sahm but not sure finances and the wish to buy a house will allow for that. But I'd like to be part time anyway I wa a contractor so I don't have to go back on a set date which is lovely tbh.

I need to lose 3 stone to go from obese to overweight and then another 4 stone to get from overweight to ideal!!!! even though i really don't think i look a whole 7 stone overweight but meh :(

as for being a sahm i personally love and hate it atm, i love it and it pains me to think of going out and being away from my babies - but at the same time i miss working SO much! even though i hated my job.

when i start uni it will be 2 full days at uni, 1 half day and 2 shifts in a hospital so will be a bit random but means i should be able to be at home more than if it was the standard 9-5 .. hmm but we'll see.

I think it sucks having to start when joshuas 6months but nothing much i can do about it other than cancel my place and start the application process again in a year or so which i'd rather not do! the sooner uni is over the sooner i'll be earning money for my babies...

Here's a Devin smile to add to the mix!

Sorry if this was already discussed but is any one else's lo developing very dry skin patches???

Im dreading going back to work alredy even though I hopefully wont be doing until November. I just can't bear the thoughts of anyone else looking after my lil boy. I hope that gets easier as you get further along :cry:

Try vasline always work a treat for my lo's :)

Chilly my Sis swears by aqueous cream for skin ailments.

Wine, from ur pic in your journal I would never have thought you had that much to lose. I took pics too the other day but I'm too scared to put them on my journal cos I'm disgusted. You are doing really well though! You brought a tape measure yet? Lol.

We had another unsettled night. Oh gave Lennie a bottle at 1130. At 1 he wanted another one. Oh done that cause he was then coming to bed (so I'm getting moaned at this morning for him being up till two and the 'it's alright for me I don't have to go to work' is being thrown about) through out the night he was retching to be sick - Lennie, not oh. Lol. But thankfully there was no projectile vomit last night. Lennie is so congested which I'm sure is what making him sleep badly. I'm sure living in a house with damp is not helping him. X

rach - i work in Ipswich :( i think i would prefer Norwich, its a bit closer and the shops are better :haha: unfortunately my grade civil servants are only in the big towns and cities so i have to travel a long way, or move, which i don't want to. we live in a little village with fields behind and the people are lovely :) i might ask to move offices to Norwich...or find a more interesting job in the department when i go back!!

we use aqueous cream on the dry girls, it's great and cheap :)

rach - i work in Ipswich :( i think i would prefer Norwich, its a bit closer and the shops are better :haha: unfortunately my grade civil servants are only in the big towns and cities so i have to travel a long way, or move, which i don't want to. we live in a little village with fields behind and the people are lovely :) i might ask to move offices to Norwich...or find a more interesting job in the department when i go back!!

we use aqueous cream on the dry girls, it's great and cheap :)

Ah I thought it had to be norwich or ipwsich. lol. Do you have a office in norwich too? That would be good for you then if you could move offices. x

aqueous cream or olive oil we use here .

wine - you dont look 7 stone overweight to me .

we had a pretty crap night last night as holly has a blocked nose so she couldnt feed properly which was frustrating her , she had to stop every few sucks to breathe which meant she got wind alot and was snoring really loudly lol. i have bought her some saline drops which ive just put up her nose and she is latched on now feeding well at least thank god .

rach - i get the its alright for you you dont have to work line - does my head in , like its easy looking after a toddler , a baby , and taking a 5 year old to and from school/karate etc, feeding them all , doing their washing , homework, bathing them etc and b'feeding a baby takes it out of you ...im sure going to work is easier at least after 8 hours you are done , babies are 24/7 grr men .../rant lol

havent excercised yet today and i am about to eat a lemon donut so erm that wont help my loss but meh .. i need sugar today.

BTW for anyone who doesn't have me on fb :D

here is joshua when he was first born
https://a5.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash1/182291_10150139954560751_512630750_8420727_5286103_n.jpg

here he is a couple of weeks old snoozing
https://a3.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/180765_10150140774405751_512630750_8428183_6083029_n.jpg

here he is the most of a smile i've managed to catch on camera lol
https://a3.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/200408_10150157333690751_512630750_8589882_674610_n.jpg

what a little sweetie pie!! :hugs:

I need to lose 3 stone to go from obese to overweight and then another 4 stone to get from overweight to ideal!!!! even though i really don't think i look a whole 7 stone overweight but meh :(

Ugh I can't believe I have to go back to thinking about losing weight again. The one great thing about being pregnant was how much I honestly could care less what I weighed. I used to be obsessed with shows like the Biggest Loser but during pregnancy I was kinda like "meh, this is boring, bring on the cookies!" :lol:

But yea I have 2 stone to lose to get back to pre-preg weight. (I put on 4 during preg so I've already lost 2! woo!) 2 stone more after that to get to my pre-marriage weight (Which I would be perfectly happy at) But then I need to lose like 5 more stone after that to get to my ideal weight and stop being classified as "Over weight". 1 stone at a time I suppose.

Oh also just wanted to say Phoebe is a month today. Was just wondering if she shares a birthday with any of the other love bugs. It's hard for me to think about what was happening 4 weeks ago today. It's crazy to think that the worst and best day of my life happened on the same day. I'm finding that hard to process as I want to celebrate what today is but also want to forget all about it. Oh well we'll be having Chinese and champagne (the bottle saved for her birthday but didn't get around to popping open) tonight to celebrate. So I suppose I can just have a bit more champagne than DH if I feel I need to forget other parts of the day hahaha.

eve where can you get saline drops from? Lennie defo needs them!!!

I am going to give him a bottle of water. He really needs some help now with his bowels! He has not been now for 3 days!! God I feel a bad mother. He was trying to poo earlier but now he is crying while trying to have a poo. x

Isabel was prescribed some in hospital as she was snuffly so you could get them from the docs?

Well we tried Isabel with a dummy yesterday, winegums idea. It seems to have worked def more settled and today she has happily gone 2 and a half hours between feeds, first time ever! She has had more happy awake time and then slept better. Hope she is getting enough food. Hopefully she is feeding "better" now. Not too keen on dummies tbh but if it works I don't care!!

saline drops i just got from local chemist they were £2 .

Holly has slept nearly all day she has only fed at 12 this is most unlike her , i can only presume she is sleeping off this nasty cold.

Oh rach don't feel bad it takes time for things to settle.

for poo problems i always strip him to his nappy get some sort of cream or lotion (anything suitable for babies skin really) put it on lower belly below belly button, and rub it in in clockwise motions - it usually helps loosen things up in there! Sometimes i have to do it for about 10 mins and alternate it with cycling legs like a bicycle... baby might cry but it usually works and he'll be happier afterwards!

joshua sometimes has a dummy now, i'm starting to see the difference between wanting a bottle of milk and just wanting to suck xxx

Lol wine u know ur stuff! Hv told me to do the same thing! I'm going to do it after his bath tonight.

Well he did go for a poo - went to the hv, and was telling her about him not going and surprise surprise there was a poo, and Lennie was still going. So we all just stood there waiting for him to finish. Then when in the scale decided to wee everywhere. Lol. He has also put on 13oz :)
I told her about the vomiting and she said it sounds like immature valve at top of his stomach. Is that reflux? Or is thar different? X

Devins been having poo probs too - We went from about 6 poopy nappies a day to no poops for 2 days. On day three I was advised to use a small shard of soap - rounded at the top - and to insert it into his tiny lil backpassage and gently move it in and out. It worked immediately although I hated doing it. I only did it because he was in really bad form - FULL of wind and very obviously in alot of discomfort. Then we went another two days and I started baby massage classes where we learnt 'the colic routine' which the teacher advised helps with constipation. This routine is about 4 different steps - one being similar to the clockwise rubbing suggested above. Before we had left the class he had the dirtiest nappy that he has had to date! AMAZING. It hasn't worked since (that was yesterday) but I'm starting to think maybe this is just his new routine??? Aside from that Devin absolutely LOVES his baby massage - especially on the legs. I highly recommend it!

Oh also just wanted to say Phoebe is a month today. Was just wondering if she shares a birthday with any of the other love bugs. It's hard for me to think about what was happening 4 weeks ago today. It's crazy to think that the worst and best day of my life happened on the same day. I'm finding that hard to process as I want to celebrate what today is but also want to forget all about it. Oh well we'll be having Chinese and champagne (the bottle saved for her birthday but didn't get around to popping open) tonight to celebrate. So I suppose I can just have a bit more champagne than DH if I feel I need to forget other parts of the day hahaha.

Hi Jenni. I understand how you feel. I had an emergency c-section after suffering from late onset of HELLP syndrome which caused me a week of pain but particularly bad pain for the two days before Devin was born. The lead up to the decision to operate was very traummatic and emotional and when I was brought to theatre I was afraid I would never wake up because of the risk of hemorraging due to this crazy syndrome. I was knocked out for the delivery and and was so out of it until the evening after the day he was born that I have very little recollection of being told he was a boy or my first time seeing him etc etc. I totally bonded with him immediately and adore him but I feel totally robbed of those first few hours - ie experiencing his birth, seeing his lil face straight away, having him latch on immediately, seeing my OHs reaction to his arrival etc etc etc. My OH and BF have been telling me I need to get over it and just focus on the fact that we/docs had no choice but to do what they did and I should focus on the fact that I am lucky enough to be here to enjoy him and to appreciate how well we are all doing with breast feeding sleep etc etc but I cry nearly every time I think of what I missed. :cry:
I am very happy other than this so it's not post natal depression or anything - it's just that one thing that upsets me.

eve where can you get saline drops from? Lennie defo needs them!!!

I am going to give him a bottle of water. He really needs some help now with his bowels! He has not been now for 3 days!! God I feel a bad mother. He was trying to poo earlier but now he is crying while trying to have a poo. x

I got the saline drops from Boots when O had a cold. But actually OH subsequently bought the spray (same as the drops but shoots it up the nostrils a bit more) which worked much much better than the drops, might be worth a try?

Isabel was prescribed some in hospital as she was snuffly so you could get them from the docs?

Well we tried Isabel with a dummy yesterday, winegums idea. It seems to have worked def more settled and today she has happily gone 2 and a half hours between feeds, first time ever! She has had more happy awake time and then slept better. Hope she is getting enough food. Hopefully she is feeding "better" now. Not too keen on dummies tbh but if it works I don't care!!

Aw Clare I know what you mean, I don't particularly like the dummies, but tbh the work wonders on Oscar. It really helps him settle when he's overtired, or just wants some extra comfort...after all it is called a pacifier and it certainly does that!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->