February mummies 2011 <3

The health visitors can be a bit 'no it all'. I always end up feeling crap if I discuss any worries. I feel like there out to judge me and see if im making mistakes - thats how I feel anyway.

I cant wait to see what Demi weighs, the trouble is, there open when my eldest sleeps or at dinner time. Hopefully I can find a slot next week.

Im going on the pill, the one I used previous.

I had a job interview today which ment I left my OH in charge of the girls. The breakfast stuff was all over the place, ha ha. He legged it out the door, think he relised our job is difficult, let alone being a working mummy. Wish he would let me be a stay at home mummy.

Got my Lo 6 wk check up today she is 11lb little pudding now :haha:

Glad Holly is doing so well Eve and yours Juicy :thumbup:

Isabel isn't doing so well :( she had a weigh in today and had lost a couple of ounces :cry: she is now back to the weight she was at 10 days. :( miodwife tried to refer her to the hospital but the doctors have to do it. they rang me to say get her weighed agin on tuesday and if it's still not good come into the docs for a chat, then they'll refer.

she commented on how alert and healthy she looked and she is pooing and weeing so i don't know what to think. people have been really supportive and positive in my journal, thanks girls i really appreciate it :hugs: but it is hard. i think i will carry on until tuesday then see what i think.

trouble is i feed her every hour at the most, often less with just 20 mins between feeding again and express whilst she's asleep if possible so she has had top ups :shrug:

i feel rather sad and worried in case there is something wrong with my tiny treasure :cry:

lucky - ake sure she gets weighed on the same scales each time that have been properly calibrated .
When i had Evan they sent me to hospital twice as he didnt gain weight then lost weight etc . they did blood tests from his heel and nothing was wrong , they watched me feed him and said nothing was wrong . i went out of my mind cus i knew they would tell me to use formula and i was upset as i hadnt managed with ds1 either . I researched about boosting supply and baby mooning and rang a few bf helplines etc to get all my evidence to tell them i didnt need to give him formula etc .
anyway after all that hassle it turns out the scales werent calibrated properly and he had different ones each time so he had simply just been weighed wrong . i had to go to the hospital every few days for 2 weeks and use their same scales each time and he was fine his weight was steady.
after that i did end up using formula for night anyway but only when he had got to 8 weeks ...just added that in case i came across anti formula , i am not i was just saying in case you were thinking you needed to give up the bf.

on a completly different note - nuby are giving away bottles again on facebook - alo had a few freebies off them heres the rules :
Official Rules to Enter & Receive your FREE Nuby Natural Touch 5oz/ 150ml Silicone Bottle

Step 1: Like the NUBY UK page, www.facebook.com/nubyuk

Step 2. Email your 18- 22 week baby scan to [email protected] with :
Parent's First Name:
Parent's Last Name:
Email:
Telephone:
Baby's Due Date
Post Address:

Scans submitted must be the scan taken at 18- 22 weeks of pregnancy.

You can also upload your scan to Nuby UK's facebook wall, www.facebook.com/nubyuk .

Once your scan has been emailed to [email protected] your photo will be uploaded to the NUBY BABY SCAN ALBUM and the FREE 5oz/150 ml NUBY Silicone Bottle will be posted to you. Steps 1 & Step 2 be completed for you to receive your FREE Bottle .

Clare that's very true what eve said. Ounces are such tiny amounts of weights two different scales would show such a small difference.

Oh thanks eve!! I'm going to do that with my SIL account. Lol. Although - what can u use the little bottles for once they have over 4oz? I love those little bottles, they're so cute but we hardly use them :-( x

thanks Eve, but i have taken her back to be weighed on the same scales each time :(

she has a horribly snuffly cold now :( that's not going to help as she can't breath to feed...and she keeps snotting on our shoulders!!! i did get her to sleep in her cot for 20 mins whilst i did some dusting tho, woo hoo but i did notice her arms did keep flailing around, which they don't when she's in with me..interesting! I have bought one of those Swaddlemes that jenni suggested so next time i try her in the cot i will have to put her in that first - se if she sleeps any longer!

clare-the saline up the nostril is working for holly's nose , my friend bought calpol spray for her son i havent seen that though

rach - could use them for water i suppose ? do our babies have 4 oz of milk yet thats the 1 thing that annoys me about bf you dont know how much they are having.

Joshuas started drink 4oz at a time but only the last couple of days and he will be 5 weeks tomorrow..

he was drinking between 2-3 before

I have a letter for first jabs, 6 week check etc but I'm currently in the process of changing doctor (handing in registration forms monday) so do i cancel that appointment and make a new one with my new doctor? :S

I havent been about much, joshuas started crying all evening from about 8pm till 2am. some days i'm lucky and he stops about 1am. he then wakes up for food about 5am and then about 6am and then is up properly from 7am. I'm knackered. I can't even nap at all as running around after my energetic toddler all day. The last couple of days I've been feeling crap and had zero energy. I'm not even hungry, i just feel like a zombie, like empty. I haven't even had breakfast and it's nearly 2pm - the thought of food atm just makes me want to vomit i just want to curl up and never wake up!

haha sorry that sounds a bit depressing - but i am happy i promise - just feel zombiefied

I brought the boots saline spray. I did see the calpol one, but decided to go with boots - think it was cheaper. lol. It seems to be working. Lennie was sick yesterday and it came out of his nose along with a lot of snot.

Lennie is having 5oz atm. How do you know when to increase it? I actually worry about increasing it too much. Do they slow down cause before you know it they will be on 9oz!

Aww wine, I'm sorry you feel crappy. Can your oh take kids off your hands so you can get some much needed rest? x

I brought the boots saline spray. I did see the calpol one, but decided to go with boots - think it was cheaper. lol. It seems to be working. Lennie was sick yesterday and it came out of his nose along with a lot of snot.

Lennie is having 5oz atm. How do you know when to increase it? I actually worry about increasing it too much. Do they slow down cause before you know it they will be on 9oz!

Aww wine, I'm sorry you feel crappy. Can your oh take kids off your hands so you can get some much needed rest? x

Idk cos I'm not properly bottle feeding but I read that if they get to the end of the bottle and have finished it that you should offer more at the next feed. They should always leave a bit in the bottom (i.e. they choose when the feed is finished not the bottle running out) does that make sense?

Wine, hope you feel better soon...I think there's a virus going around I'm beginning to feel a bit ropey this afternoon. Def get OH to step in, you need some sleep to fight it off lovey :hugs:

Yehhhhh oh is taking Joshua to sleep downstairs tonight so I get a whole nights sleep!!!

Rach I was doing 2nd then when he finished to the end of the bottle I increased it to 3oz and then he finished 3oz so the last couple of weeks I've been doing 4oz bottles and the last couple of days he's gotten close to finishing these now so will soon be increasing to 5oz

Xxx

Clare that's very true what eve said. Ounces are such tiny amounts of weights two different scales would show such a small difference.

Oh thanks eve!! I'm going to do that with my SIL account. Lol. Although - what can u use the little bottles for once they have over 4oz? I love those little bottles, they're so cute but we hardly use them :-( x

I'm using the 4oz bottles for cool boiled water, then wen spoon feeding they be handy too :)

We were having such a hard time trying to decide when to move Phoebe up to 4 oz. Around week 3 she seemed to be finished 3oz bottles so we made up a bunch of 4oz ones and she wouldn't drink it all! I know I shouldn't be this way but I have an issue with wasted formula. It's like I can hear the money going down the sink drain or something, lol. So we moved back down to 3oz and if she downed that then we would add another oz in. After about 2 days of this I finally said that's it just make up 4oz bottles! And then naturally, she didn't finish it. :dohh:

Jenni im the same I hate seeing it wasted as its sooo expensive but for now I just want to make sure he's getting enough so if he drinks till hes full then leaves a lil so be it..

Crickey I didn't know that! Lennie finishes 5oz so I guess I better do some 6oz bottles. Does it matter that he dometimes doesn't finish 5oz - but more does finish than don't?

What happens if they get to 9oz and finish that?

Will they simply refuse when they r full? I worry Lennie will just keep taking and he will be on 9oz by 2 months.

We had gotten a SwaddleMe, but we exchanged it. We had gotten the microfleece one because it's chilly, but she overheat in it almost right away...it was crazy. So we exchanged it for a cotton knit one.

Crickey I didn't know that! Lennie finishes 5oz so I guess I better do some 6oz bottles. Does it matter that he dometimes doesn't finish 5oz - but more does finish than don't?

What happens if they get to 9oz and finish that?

Will they simply refuse when they r full? I worry Lennie will just keep taking and he will be on 9oz by 2 months.

iirc when ds1 finished his 9oz bottles we changed his formula to the next stage .

we put him on hungry baby food pretty early on too as he was guzzling his bottles down and still wanting more.

i am attempting taking the 3 kids to the shop in a hour - also the 1st time i have drove since oh banned me when we had the snow lol ! - wish me luck lol !
mom bought Holly some dresses but they are only up to 10lb and as she is 9lb 4oz im gonna tae them back and swap them for bigger , aso have to get ds1 and 2 feet measured and buy ds1 more school shoes as his have no tread and a big hole :blush:

she slept well last night 11:30 - 5:15 quick 15 min feed (mostly as she couldnt breathe and gave up i think ) then next thing i know it was 8am .. fed her and changed her and she is still in bed with hubby at 9:45 !

i took the oppurtunity to get a bath instead of the 30 second showers i have been getting !

We had gotten a SwaddleMe, but we exchanged it. We had gotten the microfleece one because it's chilly, but she overheat in it almost right away...it was crazy. So we exchanged it for a cotton knit one.

Oh I love our swaddlemes!! We bought a pack of the three lightweight cotton ones as well because I thought we could always add another blanket if need be. I swear Phoebe's going to be the next Houdini or something though, no matter how tight I wrap her, her little hand just works it's way up!

eve how old was ds1 when he got to 9oz?

Lennie was making us laugh this morning with his arms and legs. He was in his moses basket and was not interested in sleeping at all and all we could see was his legs and arms moving about out the top while he was talking to himself. He was like this about an hour. x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->