February mummies 2011 <3

Hope everyone is doing well. Popping in to join if you all don't mind.

hey everyone, I've been a bit quiet lately, hope you are all doing ok.

Megan is 8 weeks old today, It's gone so fast it's unreal! She is doing sooo well with her sleeping. I've never had a baby as easy as her. She will have her last feed and settle between 9 and 10 and then not wake up until 5am when she will have another feed and sleep until about 10am. I'm not used to babies who sleep all the time, not that I'm complaining.
She has her first jabs on friday, not looking forward to that, I'm hoping they will let me nurse her while they do it as they did this when she had her heel prick and she didn't even flinch.
here is a recent pic
https://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f295/mum2b19/kids/DSCF0837.jpg

nice sleeping schedule ley you need a new thing on your siggy for 2 months:)

nice sleeping schedule ley you need a new thing on your siggy for 2 months:)

Oh that's the type of sleeping I'm aiming for Ley, I'm getting from 8 to 2ish then 6 to 10ish awwww there all growing up so quick my Lo will be 7 weeks wed.

Have doc app tomorr to get his advice on her umbilical cord herina everyones says it's harmless but it's still a worry :(

Good luck with sleeping all :hugs:

Ava I love that name :)

KNS, glad you are all doing well. I was wondering how you were.

Ley thats a great sleep schedule! I'm jealous.

Lennie goes to sleep between 11 and 12 in his moses basket, then stirs about 3 or 4. I bring him in our bed for a cuddle and he goes to sleep and gets up around 6 or 7 for feeding.

I'm not sure why he is waking at 3. I wondered if it was hunger, but if he was hungry he would still moan for food right? x

morning ladies i am in a state of shock .. Holly went from 11:30 - 6:30 !!!! well she was maing noises at 4:30 but was asleep i sat her up she burped and then went back to snoring - she wasnt awake though , i fed her at 6:45 but it took ages cus of her snuffles so she was having little 5 min feeds until we left for school. i am so pleased she slept though i do think its a one off and only cus she is poorly but we will see lol !

WOW Jealous...eve!! That's great - you must feel refreshed this morning :) x

I must admit, O woke this morning about 5.30 and having fed him at 4.30 I thought I'd leave him a little (not to cry it out or anything, but I figured if he really needed me he'd let me know) I was just SO tired and the next thing I know it was 6.30...beginning to realise that maybe I don't always NEED to get up. Hmm

We're still struggling with the bf, am on antibiotics for the thrush which I'm not quite sure are working. But what they have done is given O diarrheoa and wind, so we've not been getting much sleep the last few days. Tried bf again yesterday and by the second attempt was in pain again...that's not right is it? Maybe I have to go through the pain again like at the beginning am not sure???

WOW Jealous...eve!! That's great - you must feel refreshed this morning :) x

I must admit, O woke this morning about 5.30 and having fed him at 4.30 I thought I'd leave him a little (not to cry it out or anything, but I figured if he really needed me he'd let me know) I was just SO tired and the next thing I know it was 6.30...beginning to realise that maybe I don't always NEED to get up. Hmm

We're still struggling with the bf, am on antibiotics for the thrush which I'm not quite sure are working. But what they have done is given O diarrheoa and wind, so we've not been getting much sleep the last few days. Tried bf again yesterday and by the second attempt was in pain again...that's not right is it? Maybe I have to go through the pain again like at the beginning am not sure???

im not sure i havent experienced it - have you asked in the bf forum someoone may have been through the same thing , sorry you are having troubles though :(

I've now started to learn that every time Lennie makes a noise he doesn't necessarily need anything. Before I would feel the need to tend to him if he just started to make a little bit of noise - now I'm not doing that all the time I've noticed that sometimes he
Is just making a noise!

Last night was different for us too. Normally oh stays up and does the 11/12 Feed. But last night he came to bed at 11. Lennie was happily asleep in basket. So I was expecting Lennie would get up about midnight for food (his last one before that was 9) but he woke up at 430! I was shocked. He went so long. So tonight going to see if it happens again.

Wii I'm so sorry ur still in pain. Surely the antibiotics should have worked by now? Has that voilet stuff arrived from amazon? X

hello everyone :) glad to hear about good sleep, but sooooo envious

i went to see my mum yesterday, she lives about 3 hours away so we met at the Brampton hut (woo hoo) on the A14/A1 as it's about half way. It was the first time she had seen Isabel!! Was actually a really nice day, the drive is just short enough to not be onerous :thumbup: Of course, in true going out in your nice clothes style, isabel did a HUGE exploding poo. luckily i had planned to stop at sainsburys for a feed anyway :) she was wearing tights and they kept alot in but it was all down her legs and up her belly...must have taken about 15 mins to clean :rofl:

we have tried putting her in the moses basket these past 2 nights. she has got a cold so was going to put it off but actually she has been sleeping more. she managed about 9.30 till 12.30, then till 2.30 then into our bed...it's a start!! put her in the swaddleme which i think helps. she managed to work her hands out yesterday though :dohh:

health visitor is coming tomorrow to weigh her before we decide if she needs to be referred to the hospital.

I've now started to learn that every time Lennie makes a noise he doesn't necessarily need anything. Before I would feel the need to tend to him if he just started to make a little bit of noise - now I'm not doing that all the time I've noticed that sometimes he
Is just making a noise!

Last night was different for us too. Normally oh stays up and does the 11/12 Feed. But last night he came to bed at 11. Lennie was happily asleep in basket. So I was expecting Lennie would get up about midnight for food (his last one before that was 9) but he woke up at 430! I was shocked. He went so long. So tonight going to see if it happens again.

Wii I'm so sorry ur still in pain. Surely the antibiotics should have worked by now? Has that voilet stuff arrived from amazon? X

Yeah that's exactly what I mean Rach! It's a real revelation...I don't have to go to him every time!! :) Yey for sleeping til 4.30 :)
Not arrived yet no, will go and see what the bf lot suggest, hoping the violet stuff arrives soon!

Is just making a noise!

Yeah that's exactly what I mean Rach! It's a real revelation...I don't have to go to him every time!! :) Yey for sleeping til 4.30 :)
Not arrived yet no, will go and see what the bf lot suggest, hoping the violet stuff arrives soon!

We've recently had this revelation as well. Well more me than Hubby. He still jumps up at night the minute she grumbles but we've learned she just talks in her sleep or something. Just like her daddy! hahaha. Though I must say she's so loud and her snores can go on forever that we've had to put her next door just to get any sleep! hahaha. We're doing great with it though. We realize she can go at least 4 hours at night time (12 - 4 - 8) and that's the perfect schedule for us. :)

lucky that always happens to me -put them in best clothes to go out and poo explosion or vomit happens lol.

Yep happens to me too I'm sure Spencer knows when I'm in a rush to go out and has a nappy explosion I can't seem to get anywhere on time any more!
X

Yep same with Lennie - but he's just sick instead.

I'm really annoyed. I'm not sure if I'm worrying over nothing but just wanted to be safe rather than sorry. Anyway, Lennie still has blocked nose and last night he felt rattley, but I'm not sure if it's just his nose or coming from his chest. Anyway, I called doctors and asked if I could have an appointment to see a doctor and she told me not today but call at 1 to see if there has been a cancellation. So I'm pretty pissed off. She didn't even bother asking what was wrong.
So I am going to call at 1 and say it's for my 5 week old baby then see if her conscience can refuse me again.

I'm now off to change 2 days worth of poop Lennie has just done for me. X

i am sure theres something about a child under 1 must be seen iirc.

i got a friend coming over with her baby in a minute - there is no playgroup this week so we are making our own lol . adult company to prevent me going insane lol

What does IIRC mean?

Well I did ring back and said the magic word "baby" and she said there was no appointments with doc but could see duty nurse. I said he was 5 weeks old, I thought doctors had to see babies under 3 months (I read it on a sign there) and she then found an appointment with the sit and wait dr. Funny how it went from no appointments.

Anyway, Lennie was fine. Lungs are clear, just all in his nose, with a little bit of a temperature. I was just being over cautious. The doc was lovely though, she said never hesitate to bring him in if anything worries me, they always like to see babies. She did clean his belly button though and put some stuff on it to dry it out.

Forgot to say earlier though in my anger lol:

Clare I hope the weigh in goes well tomorrow. I will be thinking of you.

Wii, I hope it arrives soon and it works! x

What does IIRC mean?

Well I did ring back and said the magic word "baby" and she said there was no appointments with doc but could see duty nurse. I said he was 5 weeks old, I thought doctors had to see babies under 3 months (I read it on a sign there) and she then found an appointment with the sit and wait dr. Funny how it went from no appointments.

Anyway, Lennie was fine. Lungs are clear, just all in his nose, with a little bit of a temperature. I was just being over cautious. The doc was lovely though, she said never hesitate to bring him in if anything worries me, they always like to see babies. She did clean his belly button though and put some stuff on it to dry it out.

Forgot to say earlier though in my anger lol:

Clare I hope the weigh in goes well tomorrow. I will be thinking of you.

Wii, I hope it arrives soon and it works! x

If I remember correctly - iirc:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"