February mummies 2011 <3

Health visitor came to weigh Isabel today, she was lovely :) but Isabel had lost more weight :cry: so i agreed that topping up with formula was the best way forward.

So i gave her a 3oz bottle this morning straight after a breast feed and I cried as i gave it to her. but she drank it all, poor little thing. she is now having a sleep in the pushchair :)

she thought it was perhaps my chest infection i got after the birth decreasing my supply ans so Isabel just snacked...i still haven't got rid of the cough HORRID GERMS!! i do feel i have let poor Izzy down, not feeding her properly and now not giving her booby milk.

hi ladies, I weighed Megan again this morning at the self weigh clinic and she was 9lbs 3ozs. Thats only a 4oz weight gain in over a fortnight. Is that ok do you think? Or should I get an appointment with a HV about it?

I have also just been diagnosed with mastitis so feeling pretty poopy right now. Hope you are all ok xx

Health visitor came to weigh Isabel today, she was lovely :) but Isabel had lost more weight :cry: so i agreed that topping up with formula was the best way forward.

So i gave her a 3oz bottle this morning straight after a breast feed and I cried as i gave it to her. but she drank it all, poor little thing. she is now having a sleep in the pushchair :)

she thought it was perhaps my chest infection i got after the birth decreasing my supply ans so Isabel just snacked...i still haven't got rid of the cough HORRID GERMS!! i do feel i have let poor Izzy down, not feeding her properly and now not giving her booby milk.

stupid germs :hugs: you havent let her down though at all , dont think like that.
plus now you can have a bt of a break and let hubby do a bottle or 2 ;)

when are you getting her weighed next ?

@ley - mastitus :( hope you arent suffering too badly and get better soon .as for the weight gain i personally wouldnt get a hv appointent as she has still gained it ..but then i try to avoid my hv as much as poss , aybe go next week and see how much she has put on then decide?

Hey everyone :)
Hope all is well!
Jess had her third weigh-in since birth yesterday and is now 8lb12.5oz! That's 10.5oz more than last week and she's just getting bigger and bigger :D!
Health Visitor is coming for the first time on Monday - what does she do?
Also - Jessy slept EIGHT hours last night?! I'm shell shocked still!
xxx

Aw, Clare I know I posted on your journal, but I was thinking when I read this, you know what...Izzy's getting the best of both worlds that's all it is...she's still getting all your lovely booby juice with all its special goodies in it, BUT she's just getting an additional chocolate bar of formula to give her a bit extra fat! That's all it is :) :hugs:

hi ladies, I weighed Megan again this morning at the self weigh clinic and she was 9lbs 3ozs. Thats only a 4oz weight gain in over a fortnight. Is that ok do you think? Or should I get an appointment with a HV about it?

I have also just been diagnosed with mastitis so feeling pretty poopy right now. Hope you are all ok xx

I agree with eve, I think that's ok she's still gained, maybe weigh again next week and see how you feel. Mind you there's no harm going to see the HV, but not sure what else they'll say? :shrug: Such a shame you've got mastitis - poor you! :hugs: Hope it gets better soon?

Hey everyone :)
Hope all is well!
Jess had her third weigh-in since birth yesterday and is now 8lb12.5oz! That's 10.5oz more than last week and she's just getting bigger and bigger :D!
Health Visitor is coming for the first time on Monday - what does she do?
Also - Jessy slept EIGHT hours last night?! I'm shell shocked still!
xxx

Wow...that's a weight gain and a half :) Bless her! The HV will just weigh her again and take height measurements. Also they do they hearing testing (at least mine did). They'll talk you through the red book, and if anything like mine, talk at you for about an hour!!

Oscar and I are still waiting for the violet stuff, have another 4 days of antibiotics which I'm sorely tempted to ditch. They don't seem to have made a huge difference apart from making him really windy and grouchy. I'm getting to the end of my tether with it now, may just resign myself to pumping/formula split. :shrug: :cry:

Question ladies anyone tried brown sugar and cool boiled water my Lo is suffering bad with constipation pls any advice x

I think her herina has alot to do with it too :(

Thanks everyone, I think it's just because she was having huge weight gains each time and this is the smallest gain we've had. I'm such a paranoid mummy.

Juicy, Megan used to be really bad with constipation, I tried cycling her legs, giving her cooled boiled water etc etc.... nothing worked, then I was advised to give her 2.5mls of lactulose (it's totally safe for babies, even says on the bottle that it's suitable from birth and you can buy it in a pharmacy)
She's been fine ever since, and she only had the one dose, I think that just kick started her system.

juicy, when Lennie hadnt been in a couple of days my SIL told me to try the brown sugar and water thing. She said it had worked with all of her kids. She said to use 1/4 tsp brown sugar dissolved in about an oz of water, and for baby to drink it all. I never tried it cause he went in the end. x

morning ladies hope everyone is well , I have just ordered Holly a teething necklace ( bit early i know lol ) because ds2 refuses to part with his ! does anyone else use them ? i have used them on both my boys and never had any teething issues unless we forgot to wear it !
ill prob start her wearing it from 3 -4 months i think .

are all the uk ladies enjoying the sunshine ? i need to get a parasol for my buggy poor holly had the sun in her eyes on the school run.

morning ladies hope everyone is well , I have just ordered Holly a teething necklace ( bit early i know lol ) because ds2 refuses to part with his ! does anyone else use them ? i have used them on both my boys and never had any teething issues unless we forgot to wear it !

are all the uk ladies enjoying the sunshine ? i need to get a parasol for my buggy poor holly had the sun in her eyes on the school run.

is that an amber necklace? a couple of my cousins kids had them and liked them (wel their mums did!)

is that an amber necklace? a couple of my cousins kids had them and liked them (wel their mums did!)

yea :) i have gone for a multi coloured one - ds1&2 had a dark one cus hubby was concerned they would loo girly (men lol ) ive had this one in multi colour https://www.amberpumpkin.com/amber-teething-necklaces/magnetic-baroque-amber-teething-necklace.html :D

you gonna get one lucky3?

yea :) i have gone for a multi coloured one - ds1&2 had a dark one cus hubby was concerned they would loo girly (men lol ) ive had this one in multi colour https://www.amberpumpkin.com/amber-teething-necklaces/magnetic-baroque-amber-teething-necklace.html :D

you gonna get one lucky3?

oo, i might, had forgotten about them!! :thumbup:

I've bookmarked the neckless.

We have a new edition to the family. We went and got a jack Russell puppy today. He's so cute. We have called him Marley.

I'm sooooo exhausted! I can't wait to go to bed. X

Of all the things I'm natural about I just can't get on board with those necklaces for some reason. I don't mean any disrespect to you Eve it's just, scientifically speaking, they don't work. It's bit like homeopathic stuff to me, it just seems... I don't know... useless? But I do hear they work for loads of people I just don't really get how they work, iykwim, as they're not actually doing anything.

I'm going to get an amber necklace for Brooklyn...I'm not sure HOW they work, but I know they do...I've seen it with my own eyes.

Actually, now I know how it works. I googled it. Lol

The Science...

Amber has been used for a variety of medically related reasons such as a natural analgesic, helping to fight inflammation, infections and respiratory disease. When you place the amber necklace next to your baby's warm skin, the amber releases healing oils which are naturally absorbed via the skin into the bloodstream. The powerful oils contain a very special ingredient known as succinic acid. Extensive scientific research bears witness to the fact that succinic acid can do wonders on the human body. For examples, succinic acid stimulates the thyroid glands to help reduce drooling, soothing red and inflamed gums and enhances calmative, analgesic, antispasmodic, expectorant, and febrifuge (anti-fever) functions.

The positive influence of succinic acid has been scientifically proven by Nobel-prize winner Robert Koch and recent scientific research. Succinic acid is a fossilized resin produced by plants 40 to 50 million years ago. In nature the resin would have been used by the tree as a natural antibiotic against infection, viruses and physical attack. The tree would use the resin like a wound dressing. Now the resin has been fossilized, its healing properties have been captured in the resin which are released into the skin once the amber has been warmed.

Amber is also electronegative so it produces negative ionization where it’s touching the skin and negative ionisation helps the body repel illnesses. Ancient Egyptians actually used pine resin as an embalming agent, and doctors during the Civil War, lacking anything else, would sometimes slap tree resin on a wound as a disinfectant which saved lives.

Baltic amber also provides analgesic, anti-inflammatory and general calming properties for general well-being. MOST IMPORTANTLY it is a tried and true solution passed down for generations.

Thanks girls, ley I will go pick that up in the chemist tomorr x

I really am interested in the necklace my friend her baby was great didn't even know she was teething oh I so hope it works for me/uS :haha:

Hubby has Man flu so he is off work tomorr we have to go collect lo's birth cert I'm so unorganised :blush:

Hope u all get good sleeps tonight I'm shattered Zzzzzzzz

Of all the things I'm natural about I just can't get on board with those necklaces for some reason. I don't mean any disrespect to you Eve it's just, scientifically speaking, they don't work. It's bit like homeopathic stuff to me, it just seems... I don't know... useless? But I do hear they work for loads of people I just don't really get how they work, iykwim, as they're not actually doing anything.

i am mrs skeptical at the best of times , but all i know is when my kids weren wearing them they were dribbly and grumpy and when they had them on they werent , i am also happy to admit that it could be a coincidence but worse case scenario my princess has a pretty necklace lol

Megans first jabs are this morning......sooo not looking forward to it :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->