February mummies 2011 <3

how much tummy time is everyone giving their LO? Tim gave her about 5, 10 mins last night and she held her head up for a reasonable time whilst on her front for the first time :) i keep forgetting to do it. :dohh: i was fast asleep at this point - i went to bed at 8.50 when my 6 year old went :haha:i've had 2 bad nights with isabel coughing so she can't breath :(

We give Phoebe tummy time practically anytime we put her down. I've been doing it since about week four really. She just love her tummy so much. She has amazing head control though so it could be why she likes it nabe can go from side to side easily and lift it reasonablly. Though she never seems to rest her legs! Lol. She's having gear tummy time on mommys tummy at the moment because im stuck flat on my back. She has had the occasional nap on her tummy... Snubbing. ;)

Side note: random but I just went into edit my post (stupid iPod) and instead of the button saying 'save' it said 'vote now' how odd.

We give Phoebe tummy time practically anytime we put her down. I've been doing it since about week four really. She just love her tummy so much. She has amazing head control though so it could be why she likes it nabe can go from side to side easily and lift it reasonablly. Though she never seems to rest her legs! Lol. She's having gear tummy time on mommys tummy at the moment because im stuck flat on my back. She has had the occasional nap on her tummy... Snubbing. ;)

Side note: random but I just went into edit my post (stupid iPod) and instead of the button saying 'save' it said 'vote now' how odd.

so what did you vote :haha:

sorry to hear your back's still not good :(

isabel can move her head from side to side pretty well and her legs are jiggling around when her heads up too, i wonder if its counterbalance? it is so exciting seeing them develop isn't it?

I try to give my LO tummy time, but almost as soon as I put her on her tummy, she rolls over! :dohh: She can lift her head wonderfully though, and sometimes she'll stay on her tummy, so I'm not too worried.

Hi how are all us lot doing?
Everyone getting in the swing of things?
I will put pics of Lewis on in the few days.
So all babies born now I take it? Were we the last? Lewis was due 27th Feb and born 16 days late on 15th march. X

so I took Megan to the clinic on tuesday and she had gained another 3ozs but overall had dropped from the 9th to 2nd percentile. Now the HV's are worried and I have one coming out to my house to talk to me about it. I just know they are going to tell me to offer formula top ups but I really don't want to do that.
If she had stopped gaining completely or was losing weight then I would do it but while she is still gaining, albeit slowly. I don't want to top her up.

Can anyone see where I am coming from?

I completely agree. What were your other girls like?

My hv was actually reaally good, said she wod support my decision either way. But Isabel had lost twice and Megan hasn't. No reason to think anything is wrong with a slow but steady gain so if you don't want to top up I'd tell her that.

Good luck :hugs:

I try to give my LO tummy time, but almost as soon as I put her on her tummy, she rolls over! :dohh: She can lift her head wonderfully though, and sometimes she'll stay on her tummy, so I'm not too worried.

Blimey, rolling over already!! :) I wouldn't worry about not doing tummy time if she's already rolling over! :happydance:

Hi how are all us lot doing?
Everyone getting in the swing of things?
I will put pics of Lewis on in the few days.
So all babies born now I take it? Were we the last? Lewis was due 27th Feb and born 16 days late on 15th march. X

Hey Kns, I think you and Lewis were the last. How's it all going with you guys? I think we're all doing good, it's great having this group to sound things out with! :)
so I took Megan to the clinic on tuesday and she had gained another 3ozs but overall had dropped from the 9th to 2nd percentile. Now the HV's are worried and I have one coming out to my house to talk to me about it. I just know they are going to tell me to offer formula top ups but I really don't want to do that.
If she had stopped gaining completely or was losing weight then I would do it but while she is still gaining, albeit slowly. I don't want to top her up.

Absolutely, I agree with Lucky, just tell them you don't want to top up as she's not losing weight. Keep pushing hun :) xx

Hi All, just thought I'd see if this works...there are some updated photos of Oscar in this album https://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=645640&id=807670522&l=ecc9469371 if anyone fancies a nose and hasn't already seen them on facebook?? Let me know if it doesn't work?
Can't remember if I posted this on here, but I'm giving up with the breast milk. I've been expressing for ages now and gradually topping up with formula because my nipples have been really sore from thrush. Unfortunately the expressing started knackering them too, and I just couldn't take it anymore :( My milk is already drying up, which is desperately sad, but also a relief.
O is doing really well, he's had a few hairy moments from the formula change but we've discovered something called colief which apparently will work wonders, fingers crossed! :)

if it was me i wouldnt offer top ups, they just like you to conform to their little charts (hv piss me off if you hadnt noticed ! )
if she doesnt seem hungry and is gaining weight not losing i really dont see the problem. just tell them no and continue to get her weighed regularly andsee how it goes.

Ley - there's absolutely no reason if she's doing ok that you should top her up with forumla, unless you want to. They will probably check that she's alert and ask about wees, poos etc and if everything seems fine they will probably just keep checking her weight. You could always top up with EBM if you were worried but you don't have to, just an option. Also I'm sure you're already aware but the charts are based on FF babies, so if she has a problem just throw that in her face :) but hopefully she will be a nice HV!

kns - yep deffo think you guys were the last :) hope everythings ok with you all

wiiwidow, you sound pretty positive about it all :) hope your boobies feel better soon and you finally get some relief :) you've done really well so far! much longer than I could manage, lol

Joshua had his newborn hearing - FINALLY lol and he cried, then eventually fell asleep but hiccupped and it interfered with the machine so I have to go back on tuesday lol

I rarely do tummy time - I'm not a big believer haha, Jakob screamed so bad when I put him down on his tummy that I never bothered - didn't do it once and he was crawling before other babies his age were even sitting up. Joshua seems to be following suit, any time I've tried he's gone mental within seconds so I don't often bother :p

Oh and I got fed up of being up so blooming much in the night I decided to follow a routine, i did it with jakob and worked wonders. I tried it last week and he wasn't ready so we left it and I tried it again a couple of days ago and he's really taken to it.

He feeds at 7am, 10.30am, 2.30pm, 6pm, 10.30pm and after his 10.30 feed he sleeps all the way to his 7am one, which is amazing for me as he was up every couple of hours and i was slowly going insane. i even cried myself back to sleep one night lol. so yes - i'm very happy with the routine!

fits in well with jakob too as i feed joshua at 7am in bed, then i get jakob up about 7.30/7.45 and give him his brekkie etc so i dont need to do them both at once! then at 12 jakob has lunch and goes for a nap at 12.30-2.30 - jakob has some dinner about 5.30, joshua has his feed at 6 and then about 6.30/6.45 i start getting jakob ready for bed!!! then from 7.30 onwards i have a nice peaceful evening without constant feeding and get an early night every night! i'm sad I know :p haha

wow winegums, that is fantastic! can i ask how much milk he has each time? must be soooo good having your life back a bit.

i might try a routine soon. isabel is getting to the stage where she likes lying on her mat "chatting" to me for longer. today she grabbed her dummy with her hand and tried to put it in her mouth - she had no idea what she was doing i don't think just wanted something in her mouth!! oh and it was the wrong way of course but was great to see her holding something by herself :)

I put 6oz in the bottle and he has however much he feels like, in the morning he guzzles most of it but the rest of the time he has between 4-5oz thought yesterday it was 5oz nearly every time. I always use extra because i want him to drink until hes full even though i hate wasting formula, its only a little bit.

Routines are excellent, in my opinion - joshua was crying lots before and the last few days hardly at all, only if im a bit late with the feed. jakob was the same, they both seemed so much more settled once they knew when they would be eating etc. But saying that, some babies really dont take to routines - and obviously only when their ready - jakob was 8 weeks before we did it successfully but joshuas only abotu 6 and a half weeks

i'm a bit undecided with routines, read contented little baby with elena but that is just so regimented. i like a bit of flexibitlity to my life but can see that a basic routine works wonders for you and them. Isabel is 6 weeks tomorrow so i could try something in the Easter hols.

Isabel is only having top ups so only has 2 oz at the most but feeds about 11 times a day! i wonder if she were able to get a decent feed in in the first place if she might then go longer :shrug:

ooh wine thats a fab routine .
holly seems to have formed her own daytime routine mostly, i just need to tweek it a little bit i think :p as for night times its still random she will go from 10-7 one night then the next night feed 4 times in the night , last night she was super super windy , then hubby got up at 5 as he had to get to the airport so that woke her up and once she is awake she wants a new nappy and a boob

I think i am going to start putting holly for naps in her own room in her cot to get her used to it , hubby wants her to go in her own room soon but im not ready for that , i know anyway ill get her out the cot to feed her and she will end up the rest of the night in our bed so i dont see the point lol. has anyone ele moved their babies out their room yet ?

no, i like her little snuffly noises, no scrub that, i like her loud piggy snuffles, i know she's alive!!

we can't fit the cot in our room, just the moses basket so I am guessing she will probably be evicted by 3 months, her room is just next door but would be nice (are you listening Isabel) not to have to get up in the night to go there!!

re her holding the dummy and trying to put it in her mouth - i watched her do it again, unfortunately she took it out of her mouth first :dohh: she obviously didn't mean to do that!!

no, i like her little snuffly noises, no scrub that, i like her loud piggy snuffles, i know she's alive!!

we can't fit the cot in our room, just the moses basket so I am guessing she will probably be evicted by 3 months, her room is just next door but would be nice (are you listening Isabel) not to have to get up in the night to go there!!

re her holding the dummy and trying to put it in her mouth - i watched her do it again, unfortunately she took it out of her mouth first :dohh: she obviously didn't mean to do that!!

pmsl we get piggy snuffles too they get really loud and fast when she spots a boob, ds2 says she is peppa pig

ha ha. I love the excited snorts!

I hardly ever to tummy time. The only time he does go on his tummy is when he is laying on us......but actually putting him down on tummy, he brings up his milk when I give it a go.

I never knew the charts were based on FF. Thats pretty bad to be honest on BF babies........and making the mothers feel bad!

Wine, does the routine mean not fed on demand? Lennie's in a loose routine, but I would like it to be a bit more with the feeds. Like it always seems he is due a feed when I have to go pick Eve up from school. x

Love it loud piggy snuffles my bedroom is full of them too :haha: but as u said good to know she is alive :)

Well I'm happy today Lo finally done a poo after 3 days so the ice cream machine took 2 nappy loads lol she is in great form so had bath bottle bed at 10 here's hoping she sleeps till even 6 ha

I still have my period even though I'm back on my pill 2 weeks now :( cramps bad too nurse said it takes at least 3 months to get back right!!!

And as for feeling brody i think I always will be just OH and the worry and money etc has to put a stop to it 3 is my lot unless I win the lotto :haha:

I got my period back full flow too juicy, i read its because megan niw sleeps 7 hours a night and uses a dummy/paci during the day for comfort sucking.
Im not letting myself get broody, i cant have anymore babies now as hubby had a vasectomy last week. We both agreed it was the best thing to do but if i even think about another baby i get teary lol.

Thanks for the advice about megans weight ladies, its so odd as my first had serious weight gain issues due to severe reflux and they never wanted to do anything about it but megan is just a bit slow at gaining and they are all worried.
Stupid hvs

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->