February mummies 2011 <3

Mine never does week days. He has do e a night bottle once on 2 nights, so I still had to get up as she feeds 2 or 3 times a night.

At the moment I feel like he does bugger all but I am still pissed off he couldn't be bothered to get any presents for mothers day. :(

A new dad asked me about sleep today and when I said I wasn't getting much at night he said well you're not working so aren't doing anything all day. Err hello? How do they think the washing, cleanin, cooking, shopping, baby stuff gets done??

OH has changed his nappy a few times (badly so its not secure :() fed a couple of times and sleeps downstairs every night lol

I can't believe it, Joshua breastfed again tonight! 6 weeks of formula and suddenly evening = boob time. I can't believe it I LOVE it. This is the first time I've ever enjoyed breastfeeding!

Mine never does week days. He has do e a night bottle once on 2 nights, so I still had to get up as she feeds 2 or 3 times a night.

At the moment I feel like he does bugger all but I am still pissed off he couldn't be bothered to get any presents for mothers day. :(

A new dad asked me about sleep today and when I said I wasn't getting much at night he said well you're not working so aren't doing anything all day. Err hello? How do they think the washing, cleanin, cooking, shopping, baby stuff gets done??

dont you have a fairy at your house ? we have a washing , ironing , cleaning , cooking , nappy changing fairy that also takes a 5 year old to and from school, makes easter bonnets , attends assemblies and meetings , takes kids to karate and swimming lessons and looks after and amuses a very active almost 3 year old . you should get one then you can sleep all day. :thumbup:

Hey AWARD winning Easter bonnets!!

Where do you get the fairies, eBay?

:rofl: that really made me lol!

My hubby wakes up with her every night. I don't know how I got so blessed to be honest. Mind you she does great only one or two wake ups in the night but he had to do it for me in the first few weeks after having her due to my meds and has just kept doing it. I have a hard time falling asleep where as he can feed her and practically still be sleeping in the process. He's come to like that night time with her though. I have her all through the day, he doesn't get home till after 6 and with her bed time at 8 he would hardly see her.

I'm also blessed that never ONCE has he said the dreaded "You don't do anything during the day" statement. He understand I'm still healing from quite major surgery, I'm still anemic which means my energy levels just aren't where they used to be, and now with my stupid back... well let's just say he may piss me off most of the time and he's completely anti-social, but he's a damn fine dad.

Aww jenni that's lovely!

My OH doesn't understand what I do all day lol!!! Joshua cries when I put him down and Jakobs recently got into the terrible twos and the house is massive and im forever trying to declutter hoover tidy wash up clean etc and now it's warm trying to get out and about a bit more with the boys... But he thinks I sit on the sofa staring into space all day?!? Haha

OH has changed his nappy a few times (badly so its not secure :() fed a couple of times and sleeps downstairs every night lol

I can't believe it, Joshua breastfed again tonight! 6 weeks of formula and suddenly evening = boob time. I can't believe it I LOVE it. This is the first time I've ever enjoyed breastfeeding!

Aw missed this last night! That's great!

Did you still have milk in your boobs then, how did you know he wanted boob? :happydance:

ooh nice one wine ! my friend just started breast feeding at 7 weeks !! she didnt bf from birth or anything , they have given her some pills to boost her milk , i didnt realise you could just start i presumed once your milk had gone those few days after birth that was it but it seems not :D

i feel i should stick up for my oh a bit after slagging him off lol . he is a great dad really , he even admitted last week that he doesnt know how i cope and manage with the 3 of them and that he wouldnt last a week - theres a compliment in there somewhere im sure

I was laying on the bed topless as it was really hot with Joshua on my tummy.. He pushed himself up and just naturally went on my boob!!!! I thought he was sucking for comfort or something till I saw milk on my nipple and then he only drank half of his last bottle!

You can lactate at any time, men can breastfeed if they want as can adoptive parents. It's easier if you have had a baby some women still have milk in there for months or years socan easily start bfing but if you haven't had a child (ie. Men) it takes lots of expressing

woah, i didn't know that wine!!

the health visitor said izzy might do better as she gets bigger - perhaps joshua's mouth is big enough for your boobs now :haha: (i have big boobs too :dohh:)

i had 3 pints of cider last night!!!! good night out but i went to bed at 2 so am really tired! do you think i'm ok to bf now?

according to the nhs the alchohol clears at 1 unit every 2 hours a pint of cider is approx 2 units so in theory you should be free of cider 12pm but i would think by now its pretty minimal if you need to feed.

did you fall on the floor after 3 pints , i think i would lol i havent had a drink since my small glass of wine at xmas lol

Wine that's great news :) I might even give an evening feed a go once I'm totally healed :) So glad you're getting to enjoy a bit of bf now. Did you seenu post asking about your routine for Joshua? :)

So it seems I'm not alone then with the OH attitude tho I must admit I don't know what I'm complaining about I can barely cope with one let alone 1, 2 or even 3 other children. I feel a fraud complaining tbh! Don't know how you do it??
OH did the night shift last night, still I wake up at 5 and can't sleep Grr! So he had a rough night apparently O was up every hour not sure why he's never done it before (exaggeration maybe) and now I feel guilty! WHY??? So am letting him sleep in and planning breakfast - what is it with me? All he's done is what I do every night??? Duh! I do however feel much better for the 5 hours and am on fire this morning!! Omg just wait til I get 7 hours - I'll be like wonder woman lol!!

Omg 3 pints I would be on the floor too!! Lol

I'm sure it'd be ok now as eve says prob minimal amount left. Have a google thats what I always do when in doubt!! X

Wine that's great news :) I might even give an evening feed a go once I'm totally healed :) So glad you're getting to enjoy a bit of bf now. Did you seenu post asking about your routine for Joshua? :)

So it seems I'm not alone then with the OH attitude tho I must admit I don't know what I'm complaining about I can barely cope with one let alone 1, 2 or even 3 other children. I feel a fraud complaining tbh! Don't know how you do it??
OH did the night shift last night, still I wake up at 5 and can't sleep Grr! So he had a rough night apparently O was up every hour not sure why he's never done it before (exaggeration maybe) and now I feel guilty! WHY??? So am letting him sleep in and planning breakfast - what is it with me? All he's done is what I do every night??? Duh! I do however feel much better for the 5 hours and am on fire this morning!! Omg just wait til I get 7 hours - I'll be like wonder woman lol!!

bound to be exaggeration hes a man !

its funny isnt it how you get excited about having 5 hours sleep yet before kids i would moan at anything less than 8 hours lol .

bound to be exaggeration hes a man !

its funny isnt it how you get excited about having 5 hours sleep yet before kids i would moan at anything less than 8 hours lol .

God I know...anything less than 8 hours was hell and 7am was an early start, not a lie in!! LOL

Yep anything before 9am used to kill me lol now if I wake up and we've made it to 7am I feel grateful!!!!! Lol

Wii I answered but it got deleted cos I mentioned her name... Her surname is the same name as a make of car.. If that helps lol!! I follow the routine loosely just use the feed times as a basis and the rest seems to slot into place, did the same for my toddler and he's always slept through ever since :)

Xxx

Hey wine could you pm me the name? I'm interested in your routine as well and you hint is going right over my head. Could you really not make a post with their name? Or am I missing apart of this convo.

Ladies this is a momentus event. I am wearing jeans!

wwooop woop go jenni!

nope your not allowed to mention her name on a lot of forums anymore as she once sued a forum because some members were b*tching about her :O

I'll pm you jenni xx

yes i was rather merry on 3 pints, though did spread them out over 7 hours!!

my horse just won on the grand national, woo hoo, though really sad to hear 2 died :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->