February mummies 2011 <3

Yay clare! That's brill :)

That's a lovely pic too. A big smile!

I've got some antibiotics. Just hope they kick in soon. Not looking forward to another rubbish sleep. I'm going in Eves bed so I don't wake Lennie up.
Oh has been fantastic. He's packed so much and looked after Lennie. x

OMG I'm just sick of my period now Lo is 10 wks and i got my period at 6 weeks went back on my pill I'm after bleeding all the way through the packet and now a new period arrrrrrrrrrrrrrr :(

Hi ladies :) how are you all going?
Dustin is now 8 weeks old!! i cant believe that he is growin up sooo much!!!!
He is now sleeping through the night from 8.30-9.00pm to about 6.30-7amish!! Some nights (maybe once a week) he is waking during the night but that is ok :)
He is smiling at us all the time!! sooo darn cute :)

Cant believe that Layla is going to be 2 soon! SCARY!!!!

I have gone and gotten the Mirena done almost a week ago.. it is weird and hard to get used to.. talk about mood swings and head aches!! I am spotting on and off and it is super annoying but the lady said to give it about 6 months and it should settle down.... Does anyone have any experience with it???

holly slept from 9 - 5 last night :happydance:

her conjuctivitus has spread to the other eye though grrr so off to the chemist for some drops

got my "support" worker coming today to discuss things with me ...yawn ... bet they dont offer any cleaning !

her conjuctivitus has spread to the other eye though grrr so off to the chemist for some drops

got my "support" worker coming today to discuss things with me ...yawn ... bet they dont offer any cleaning !

thats excellent NOT FAIR :brat: how did you do it?!! i'm up to 9.30 - 3

Megan is officially failing to thrive on my breast milk :(

she has only gained 4 ozs over the last 4 weeks, I have to take her again in a fortnight and if the gain hasn't increased then I'm going to have to stop breastfeeding her.
I feel like such a failure :(

thats excellent NOT FAIR :brat: how did you do it?!! i'm up to 9.30 - 3

i have no idea , i didnt do anything different to normal , put her pjs and night nappy on at 8 , fed her from both boobs she fell asleep in my arms , took her up to out bed at 11 expecting her to wake for her usual midnight ish feed next thing i know she is after a feed i look at the clock and its ten to 5 !!!

i expect its just a one off lol !

she has only gained 4 ozs over the last 4 weeks, I have to take her again in a fortnight and if the gain hasn't increased then I'm going to have to stop breastfeeding her.

YOU ARE NOT A FAILURE ! you have fed your baby for 2 months + that in its self is brilliant , IF you have to go onto to formula surely you can combine both and not just switch completley so she is still getting BM .
have you spoke to a consellour for another opinion ..dont just take the health vistors word for what you should do .. my health visitors are rubbish half of them havent had kids .
before you make he decision i would ring la leche league and see what they advise im sure they have come across this before and will be better to give advice.

if after everything you have to switch to formula dont feel like a failure you have done brill , and the fact that you are considering switching shows you just want the best for your child :) :hugs:

aww Leanne I know exactly how you feel but you really mustn't feel like a failure :hugs: i have driven myself mad trying to work out why Izzy lost weight with me feeding her - my chest infection, tongue tie, just plain rubbish milk :shrug: who knows why, there is no easy way to know so try not to beat yourself up.

you most probably can do both if you want to -that's what i'm doing. boob at night and whenever i can through the day + bottles to boost her.

i was horribly sad to start with, felt like a failure (and still do if i think about it, or when others go on about bfing a lot) but i got used to it and seeing Izzy put on weight has made me happy again. there are advantages too and you have to think of the amazing start you have given her and been a great example to others :)

Oh Ley hun I really do hope you can do a bit of both or like Eve said think about going to see someone else more knowledgeable about your milk. Sometimes I think HV's are a bit useless in my opinion. They're all about the end result and not about how it does or will effect you. Have they asked you if she's still peeing regularly and doing poos? Sometimes babies all gain differently, ok I know 4oz isn't much, but still the weight is only one aspect. Surely if she's healthy in every other way it's worth it to still keep going with it if that's what you want. Big hugs hun :hugs:

In other news I wanted to let you ladies know that I got my blood levels back from my 6 week check up. My iron was lower than 6 after all the blood loss and so the nurse wasn't going to take my blood saying there's no way it would be back up to normal. Normal for her was anywhere between 11 - 11.5. Well I called her up this afternoon and she informed me that my levels are in fact normal! Not only are they normal they're all they way up to 13! She said she was very surprise by this but happy to hear it. I give all the credit to my placenta pills. :happydance:

ok rant coming apologies in advance ......

so the "support" workers came today .. one was a mom from karate and one was a woman from ds2's playgroup so that was kinda embarrasing.

so they started off all do you now about all the playgroups in the area blah blha blha ..then is there anything you want help with , i said no thanks we are doing just fine . they said ok the health visitor said your house was all over the place etc .

so i said yea well she turned up unannounced when i have a 2 wee old baby wtf does she expect.

so they said oh well is "this" how you are is "this" how you have always been , i said what do you mean , they said well erm messy .. excuse me ?

yes my house is a bit of a mess as hubby has knocked out all the doors and door frames and has only half stripped the wallpaper but we are decorating , surely any idiot can see that. my floors are mopped my kitchen is clean, my kids are clean and dressed properly whats the f***ing problem ?

do these people expect you to live in shiny show homes or something ? well i dont and i dont care , my house is lived in with lots of toys around because my kids are having FUN !

then ds2 was being a bit wild and jumping on me etc they said oh yes the health visitor and "us" think you might benefit from a behavioural programme for him ..wtf , yes he is a bit naughty now and again he is 2 years old and full of energy .

then they said do you have stair gates up she (hv) mentioned your son was going up and downstairs on his own ... well yea he has to go to the toilet he isnt a baby ffs he is 3 next month and holly doesnt crawl so we dont need them yet , they said oh ok well we can get you stair gates etc if you on benefits .. well im not , i dont get any benefits my husband works and i CHOOSE to stay at home .

needless to say i told them i dont want any help and i no longer require their services.

seriously dont they have better things to do like help kids that are being neglected or abused or something ...

/rant !

what complete ar***!! i would find out where those 2 "ladies" live and then drop round uninvited, see what their houses look like - we're all the same!!

Omg. I have no words. My house is often a tip atm but hey I have 2 under2 and I'm not going to waste their early years with a bottle of bleach in my hands. As long as they are happy, healthy, sociable and fed well (which they are) I honestly dont give a crap if our house is a mess.

FFS...OMG I'm so sorry for you...what a nightmare! My house is a tip, and I only have 1 child (plus hubby) to look after!! Oh and a dog, but then he causes most of the mess. I even found a dog hair in Oscar's nappy earlier, oops! Ignore them, and revel in the fact that we all have messy houses too! x

the woman that came round was at karate today grrr my mates were all gving her dirty looks and my dad who had come to watch was like erm whats going on i had to say oh nothing , cus hes a worrier and has a lot going on atm.

anyway im over it now i have my choc milkshake and my rolos haha .

is anyone gonna be watching the bringing up britain series starting tonight with the breastmilk one, i expect it will spark some debates on here esp the smoking one https://www.bbc.co.uk/bbcthree/pages/bringingupbritain

Omg. I have no words. My house is often a tip atm but hey I have 2 under2 and I'm not going to waste their early years with a bottle of bleach in my hands. As long as they are happy, healthy, sociable and fed well (which they are) I honestly dont give a crap if our house is a mess.

Completely agree with this!!! I am exactly the same.. bugger anyone else who thinks differently huni!!!! You and your family are happy healhty and having fun enjoying life and each other... F*%K them!!!!!!

HUGS TO YOU!!!!!!!!!!!

Evewidow- cannot believe what I was reading!! I've not got stair gates up and my daughter is nearly two. My house sounds just like yours and who cares?

I just watched the breast feeding programme and it did make feel guilty for not attempting it. I don't even really kno why I didn't try it? I think I would be embarrised about feeding my baby in public. Even though l think it's the most natural thing a mother can do for her baby. I'm sure, if I had seen that programme before demi was born I may have given breast feeding a go and relised that know one would be looking at me.
I do wonder if I breast fed would demi have been hospitalised with brochilitus- can't spell?
My hat does go off to all you mummies who breast feed.

Evewidow- cannot believe what I was reading!! I've not got stair gates up and my daughter is nearly two. My house sounds just like yours and who cares?

I just watched the breast feeding programme and it did make feel guilty for not attempting it. I don't even really kno why I didn't try it? I think I would be embarrised about feeding my baby in public. Even though l think it's the most natural thing a mother can do for her baby. I'm sure, if I had seen that programme before demi was born I may have given breast feeding a go and relised that know one would be looking at me.
I do wonder if I breast fed would demi have been hospitalised with brochilitus- can't spell?
My hat does go off to all you mummies who breast feed.

Mummytobe that's great! Is he in your room? Lennie goes 10ish til 6ish. The other night me and OH fell asleep before the last feed and Lennie went 8 til 4. But I don't know if he woke up cos I was coughing. :-s

Juicy I dunno what's going on with my period either. I'm not bleeding all the time just irregulary.

Ley you have done fantastically. Please don't feel like a failure. Defo get advice from an expert, cause even mw don't know everything there is to know about bf, let alone hv. Don't give up without knowing you have no other option.

OMG eve what a joke! My hv told me homes shouldn't be sparkling cause a mother doesn't have time with looking after a baby and resting. My house is a bloody mess most of the time. I'm great for just cleaning the front room and then shutting the door to the rest.
I'm with wine, I'd rather not waste my time cleaning a room I'm going to have to do again the next day when I could be doing something much more worthwhile. The comment about your dad was sweet :)

Jem don't feel like cause you didn't bf you didn't help prevent demi's bronchiolitis. I bf Lennie for 4 weeks and he got it. So supposedly got the colostrum rich in antibodies. My SIL bf and her baby got it really bad. X

omg eve thats discusting i would of gone off my head..

jem although breastfeeding is said to be better cause of the antibodies doesnt mean it will prevent everything..my cousin b/f all 3 of her kids and they get sick all the time like really bad so dont feel bad hun..somethings we cant do anything about

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->