February mummies 2011 <3

Thanks Lucky. Doc seems so convinced that the prob is not my supply that it scares me. I have myself convinced that she's seen something else in him but won't say it to me but also stops her suggesting formula. I am so freaked out I don't know what to do with myself. Every lil noise, breath movement has me second guessing. I took his temp about 20 times last night and it was low for a while so turned on heat and put extra blanket on and it came back up to normal but then lay awake worrying bout why it was low in first place. I am so tormented. Just wish this day would end already.

Aw hun, I can't imagine how torturous it must be for you right now :hugs: Was thinking about this a moment ago, and I wonder whether she's just wanting to rule out worst case scenario :hugs: Maybe she's just one of those that doesn't like formula :shrug:
So are you going back in tomorrow? Have you got an appointment or something? xx

No Bex. Have to wait to hear from hospital. Could be a case of a call tomorrow to say bring him in tomorrow or later in the week or even the following week. Who knows. I just hope they don't leave us waiting coz I can't think of much else.
Thanks Jembug I appreciate it.
Lucky - he's generally v healthy, happy and content and he sleeps great. His only issue is with wind going downwards. He farts like a trooper but I think it's fairly normal to have either up or down wind probs at this stage?

No Bex. Have to wait to hear from hospital. Could be a case of a call tomorrow to say bring him in tomorrow or later in the week or even the following week. Who knows. I just hope they don't leave us waiting coz I can't think of much else.
Thanks Jembug I appreciate it.
Lucky - he's generally v healthy, happy and content and he sleeps great. His only issue is with wind going downwards. He farts like a trooper but I think it's fairly normal to have either up or down wind probs at this stage?

Posting across 2 places at the moment lol!! Ok, well fingers crossed they won't leave you hanging too long...if they do I'd give your doc a call and ask some more questions you may get some more reassurance that way.

Could you speak to a doctor friend (didn't you have one) and see what they think??? At least he is generally pretty happy, I'm sure there would be other issues if there were a big problem with him. :shrug:

Don't worry about the wind, O's is BAD quite a lot of the time, but totally normal I think! lol

I agree with Bex, if there was something major wrong I would think he would have other signs? And izzy farts like a trooper too :)

Thanks girls. I agree with everything ur saying but stupidly can't help fearing the worst. I'm normally an optimist but I think fear knocks that out of you.

@ lucky yes hubby came too , we went to see Rio, ds1 loved it , ds2 was better than expected for his 1st time but got a bit bored once the sweets ran out ! holly just fed and slept good as gold.

@chilly - my aunty had a similar issue to you her 5th child was classed as failing to thrive and she had all the tests done for CF etc , they said it wasnt her milk admitted her for a few days to check her milk and feeding etc , they never did determine what it was that caused the slow weight gain afaik but all of a sudden she just started putting on weight and is now a very healthy 3 year old , if you want me to ask her anything or get some more info for you then pm me im sure she would be happy to help.

Thanks so much EVewidow. I've heard a few of those stories which definitely gives me hope. I just hope they rule out CF first because that's the bit that's killing me. I have of course been reading up on it and the life expectancy is 30! Imagine. I know of someone with CF and his parents built a new wheelchair friendly bungalow so that when he finally ends up n a wheelchair he will be living in a comfortable place - how heartbreaking a story is that? Oh God I just need to get him in for these tests and hopefully go back to enjoying him the way we were instead of worrying about him so much.

Thanks so much EVewidow. I've heard a few of those stories which definitely gives me hope. I just hope they rule out CF first because that's the bit that's killing me. I have of course been reading up on it and the life expectancy is 30! Imagine. I know of someone with CF and his parents built a new wheelchair friendly bungalow so that when he finally ends up n a wheelchair he will be living in a comfortable place - how heartbreaking a story is that? Oh God I just need to get him in for these tests and hopefully go back to enjoying him the way we were instead of worrying about him so much.

my dads wifes daughter (my step sister ?) has CF and she just turned 41, she has to have I.V's inserted now and again but is generally healthy , she goes on several skiing trips a year etc , so its not all doom and gloom:)

hope you get some sort of answers soon :hugs::hugs:

Still waiting to hear. No phone call - a watched phone never rings. I'm currently feeding Devin and then MUST get out of the house.

Well last night izzy slept from 10 till 6, woo hoo. That's a proper sleep! Not fed so well tonight so not expecting a repeat but you can but hope :)

Was ariannas birthday today, had a lovely but busy day. Zzzzzzz.

Well last night izzy slot from 10 till 6, woo hoo. That's a proper sleep! Not fed so well tonight so not expecting a repeat but you can but hope :)

Was ariannas birthday today, had a lovely but busy day. Zzzzzzz.

Yey go Izzy!! Well I resolved not to wake O for his 10.30 feed, and he promptly woke himself :dohh: BUT he did sleep til 7.15 and I woke him up then. That's not to say he wasn't up a lot in the night he just wasn't hungry, just has a stinking cold the poor love! So fx we've turned the corner too!

Btw I think we've just come out the other side of the 12 week growth spurt, that was fun...NOT!! Lots of waking all the time, feeding all the time and generally fussy beyond belief! Just warning y'all! xx

Demi slept from 8:30 last night until 7 this morning! Lovely!
Sounds like these babies are getting the hang of this sleeping lark?

Are you 'dream feeding'?
I've thought about it but I think I tried it will my first and it made no difference?
I'm sure, sleeping through the night was a one off, so I may try dream feeding, see how it goes.

Wii can u give a hungrier formula feed just b4 bed I didn't realise that cause I might just try it cause were not getting full night she will be 12 weeks tomorr weeks have flew by, she won't drink another bottle after her 7 o clock feed then wakes around 3ish.

Jem how does dream feed work??

I'm stuffed just had Easter egg and tea looks like my diet is gone till kiddies hurry up and eat all there eggs :haha:

Izzy did 10.30 till 5 last night so not too bad :)

Jem what does yours usually do? Izzy has been doing 9.30 till 2 or 3.

Devin slept from 11 to 6.15 but I'm struggling not to wake him for a feed during the night because of his weight! OH is helping me not to saying - he ALWAYS lets me know when he's hungry including in the middle of the night before last after 3 previous nights in a row of sleeping through so I knoiw he's right. Jem I'm fascinated! Whats dream feeing?

The hospital have no news on beds yet and will ring later :brat:
Meanwhile Devin gurgles and chats away - he keeps me going.

i havent bothered dream feeding ever - for those that are asking basically dream feeding is feeding your baby while they are still asleep.

Holly will now go 8:30 - 5:30 ish in her cot , she then has a 5 min feed and drops back off till 7 /8 , im happy with that tbh and i guess over time she will eventually drop her 5 ish feed , my boys set their own sleep routines we never did anything to change them and they go 7- 7 and 7:30 - 7 so im just kinda hoping holly follows suit!

im gonna take holly to get weighed tomo as i reckon she has put on loads of weight , ive had to adjust some of her nappies ! she still looks small though compared to the other babies at school that were born around the same time lol

I finally wrote my looong birth story and added the link it to my siggy. You have been warned!

WOW chilly!!!! You had me in tears and laughing! How traumatic for you. But a lovely ending. I had a traumatic delivery first time round, had to watch them give CPR to Isla for nearly 8 mins. I too, feel robbed of my first few days because she was in SCBU. But I hope your experience does not put you off? I had the perfect birth this time and I would live to do it again!
Hope you get some good news from the hospital today.

Thanks evewidow, that's what dream feeding is, nothing amazing, ha ha.
Demi slept from 8:30pm until 5am. I'm not going to bother with dream feeding, as I feel it won't make a difference to her. It may work for others if your babies are being pickles at night??

I can't to get Demi weighed, I will have to go next week because of the bank holidays.

What do you reckon holly weighs eve? Izzy was 9lb 2 yesterday, for us that seems
huge I am really pleased :)

I'll be getting Brooklyn weighed tomorrow...I'm sure she's probably over 12 pounds now...she's grown outta almost all of her 0-3 clothes...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->