February mummies 2011 <3

Hey josie can't believe you managed the move - good going! I think we're going to move soon and am dreading it with 1 baby and a dog!!

Also dreading the af coming, which an sure is on it's way. Have been super hormonal and not bfing anymore. Hope it's not as bad as yours! :(

Wow josie well done. I can't imagine having to pack up and move it was bad enough having the builders in the kitchen and dining room!! Hope it's all going well.

4oz a week sounds pretty good to me chilly. They were worried with izzy o ly when it was 1 a week or losing. Try and enjoy the weekend as I'm sure he's fine :)

OOO Josie - sounds nasty - poor you.
Thanks for all your support girls - I am feeling much better today and have decided to enjoy this weekend with my lovely family.

I have a question. My doc prescribed the pill for me at my 6 week check and told me to take it on the first day of my next period. Well I'm still breastfeeding so I can expect not to have a period til I stop that given that I haven't had one yet. So what do you do for birth control? So far we have just kinda risked it but not errr :blush: finished in the danger zone :blush: because neither of us are fans of condoms. I think we'll be trying for number 2 in about another 4/5 months so I don't want anything more permanent. Should I just start taking the pill anyway and is it safe to take while breastfeeding?

Hi ladies i know i havent been around been awful here :(, Corey was been constantly sick and only weighs 8lb8 he isnt thriving been in hospital since good friday, He is home today for a few days then back admitted on tuesday, Not the ideal i imagined for my lovely new baby, They thought Pyloric stenosis but ruled that out, He has had scans needles jabbed in him 4 different type of meds and is still violently sick :( , He is having Barium Meal test Tuesday then a ph monitor fitted in his stomach weds its awful.

Just wanted to check in and hope you are all well xxxx

Oh Hun that sounds miserable for you and Corey. I really hope he picks up soon and is feeling better - hugs xx

oh mummy madness :hugs: i hope they find out whats up soon and that he gets better quickly

Thanks girls its a horrid grueling time at the moment, He will have one good feed then the next few feeds out of 5 oz bottles will probably bring at least half of that up, Were on the best most strong meds going to no avail, Luckily the Drs are acting quick and taking it very serious he was on the 0.4 percentile on his chart he has now dropped well off the chart, But Drs are baffled because he platelet tests sodium tests and bloods all fine , They think Severe Gastric Reflux Disease but the meds 99.9% work for that and they arnt so its just more and more tests for him, Its very very nice to have him home for a few days tho and to see my other kids they have missed me like crazy

Gish Mummy madness. That sounds like an absolute nightmare. That puts my concerns re Devin not thriving in more perspective. Hope u are ok ...and that your poor lil treasure gets fixed up VERY soon.

im so sorry to hear ur lil man is having trouble mummymadness i really hope they find out wats wrong with him and he gets better..xxx

chilly willy sorry hun i have no idea never taken the pill

everything is good here emma is growin up fast..

Oh no mummymaddness I hope your baby boy will be ok soon, will be thinking of him in my prays :hugs: :hugs:

Chilly willy u have to have a period 2 take the pill u be just wasting ur time and money plus I don't think it's good health wise to just decide to start taking it, if your trying again so soon the pill could delay that for you for up to a year I'm sure. I take it and love it works great for me :)

Mummymadness, I'm sending lots of love.

I was on the pill because I had a period but oh forgot to get me my new percription so I am now dtd just like you are chilly, a bit risky!! Oh well

I was on the pill before both my pregnancies and as soon as I stopped taking it, I fell pregnant! I was on microgynon- can't spell, so maybe that one does not take as long to get out your system??

Hey Josie, glad the move went well, must have been hard work!

Glad everyone else I'd doing well,

Mummy madness I'm so sorry I hope he gets better soon!

It really does sound like extremely severe reflux, some babies no meds work and they need a small op to close the valve in their throat...

But whatever it is hope it's sorted soon hun thinking of you and corey xxx

I haven't been around much. We redecorating the whole house and putting it up for sale. We live with my dad atm. Me, OH J&J are going to rent somewhere for 6months while this house is being sold, and then we will have some of the money to put as a deposit on a house.

It's hard because we're going to be living out of boxes for months before we even find a place to settle down in :(

I keep wondering if I have a touch of PND I don't know why, I'm pretty happy but I feel exhausted all the time, struggle to sleep, just lay there thinking about stuff, when i wake up in the morning i just think 'oh great, another day...' and i keep blowing stuff out of proportion like my family will make the tiniest comments and i'll burst into tears etc. But I'm just going to try and address the issues myself atm, I've had problems in the past and I can't talk to a doctor, I don't know why I just freeze up.

Starting uni in september... I'm really excited but sad at the same time... I'm going to miss all Joshuas 'firsts' but at the same time I get so sick of being a SAHM... so I don't think I'd want to put it off for another year.... God that sounds horrible doesn't it :(

I'ts jakobs second birthday on thursday... we've bought a big trampoline for the garden and hes got a little tikes cozy coupe car etc I'm really excited :) but makes me feel old haha!

xxx

Wine I just logged on to ask about PND I'm the same plus I'm worrying over everything and I'm normally very easy going it's on my mind a bit going to make app with health nurse cause I'm feeling over anxious now 2 :(

Welcome back :hugs:

Oh wine, hope you will find some help on here, bet there are lots of mummies who suffer with pnd and can offer advice.
Who will have your children while your at uni! At least you get all the school holidays off!
Im stressing about work, think I've got to find a new job?

Jellybean :hi:. It's lovely to see you!
So wine and juicy. Sorry to hear you're feeling iffy on the PND front. I think it's fairly normal to wonder whether u are suffering from it or not. I certainly had a few weeks of wondering too but I think it was mainly coz I was struggling to deal with Devin's traumatic birth and coming to terms with missing out on those precious first few hours of his life. I even made an appt with the psychologist in the hospital I had Devin in to discuss it. It took a month to get the appt and it was meant to be last Wed but was waiting to hear from the children's hospital at the time I was due to go so I cancelled it. I feel much better now but certainly questioned myself many times over. I think it's good that we are all so aware of it and watchful too because it can be so traumatic if you do suffer from it. Wine - Maybe you could talk to just your gp about it and explain you dont feel able to discuss it in a counselling type environment. They could maybe come up with other ideas??

Now, I want some advice on introducing a formula feed so if anyone has any suggestions for me - shout!! I want to get to 6 months breastfeeding if possible but always intended to start giving one formula feed a day from 3 months which is now. I'm ready to start that and am keen to see if that helps him put on more weight coz if it does that's kinda an obvious fix for him 'not thriving'. BUT, if I start him now could I be toying with his system if there's something wrong? If I was sure we'd be going into the hospital on Tuesday I'd say just wait til then but this whole thing could obviously go on for another week or more and if so have I lost a week or more of being able to boost him up with formula? I dunno - it's a dilemma. I could wait til Tuesday and if I don't get him into hospital that day maybe ask to speak to a dietician for advice? Or do I just not wait another day and give him a bottle tonight?

@chilly - i gave ds2 a ff at around 4 months i gave it him for his last feed, he wasnt having any weight gain issues then though i just wanted a break so hubby would dress him feed him and put him to bed while i had a bath or something. i dunno what to say in your situation i might be inclined to wait a couple of days and ask for advice.

@ wine ...if you feel old now wait till he start school lol ! my kids have crazy coupe cars and love them so much , good choice :)

hope all the ladies ge their PND sorted.

me - my step grandad died yesterday , we werent that close but he was the only grandad i ever knew really as my real grandads died before i was born and when i was 2 , i havent told the kids yet i been putting it off , not really too sure how to go about it for the best :/ anyonehad to tell a kid about someone dying ?

we have bought a tent this week for family holidays , as my son is now full timeschool the cost of going away with 3 of them in school holidays is ridiculous so we are gonna have some camping hols , we are gonna drive to france in the summer so i need to get H a passport ....bless lol !

mummymadness, really sorry for you and little Corey, hope they get is sussed and sorted asap :hugs:

wine, sorry you're feeling a bit crap too hon :hugs: its a hard thing to talk about anyway as that is part of the prob, bit of a catch 22. is there anyone you would talk to, apart from us lot who are always available to listen :)

eve, ha you are gonna have fun camping! i love the camping, just don't like putting the tent up!! no idea on the death front tho kids do tend to be pretty matter of fact about stuff.

chilly, i would have thought the hv would have suggested it already, tho am sure 1 bottle won't make a massive difference. i can't see that it would mask any probs tbh. good luck.

me...izzy has managed 4 7 hour nights in the past 6 days,might have been more but went to bbq on friday night and she went to bed late and it was all a bit out of sync. i'm loving it, hoping she is on her way to sleeping through :happydance:

Thanks for all the advice girls! Hovering around at the mo for next feed which I think
is going to be formula! Eeek! Nervous nelly!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->