February mummies 2011 <3

bex if you're worried take him to the docs, even if they say yeah just a cold it'll put your mind at rest. they won't mind :hugs:

izzy is in newborn trousers but arms and body length they are too short, even the 0-3 are getting short on the body! she is on 2nd centile for weight and 75th for length :haha: to me they say how many DAYS is she lmao!! i've gotten used to it now!

Do babies suffer with hayfever? He could have that? Maybe a silly suggestion? Demi has a snuffly nose in the morning and sneezes lots. My oh is really suffering with it at the mo.

Demi has about five bottles a day, so I'm on par with you wine.
Although, last time I got her weighed she was on the 25th percentile, at 8 weeks. Can't wait to see what she weighs tomoz?

Demi still fits in 0-3 months but the length is looking small.

I saw my friends two week old boy today, he is 9lb, but looks so petite next to demi! It's amazing what ten weeks difference makes!

I rarely put demi on her front! Naughty, I never kno the right time? She has either just had a bottle or wants to sleep.

How often do you all get your babies weighed? If you go less than four weeks since your last visit, they make comments! Makes me feel uncomfortable.

Anyone done or heard of 'baby led weening'? Any thoughts?

weighing - i had h done last week and that was the 1st time in 5 weeks , take no bloody notice.

clothes - weight wise she fits in 0-3 still but sleep suits we have had to go 3-6 cus she is realllllly long , some 3-6 stuff fits her depends where its from.

baby led weaning - i was reading about this last week . i dont think we shall do it ill do the same weaning schedule i did with my boys i guess , they turned out fineand are good eaters

My lo Is 13 weeks not sure of weight and she is in 3 to 6 months very long her toes were popping through 0 to 3 lol

I call her a snacker with her feeds she will drink anything from 3 to 5 oz a feed and when she has a break she won't go back on bottle to finish it off on the upside she slept from 10 to 7 yippee think she only woke at 7 cause we had older 2 up for school. She slept on school run I was so tempted to go back to bed but I had to go tax my car arrrrrrrrrrr hate giving out that money :haha:

Ooo, what did he think chilly? And what did you think? xx
Turns out I didn't give it to him that night. I was agonising so much that Ed suggested I wasn't really ready and my instinct was saying no! So he had a breastfeed! I am a chicken.....or was for 12 hours coz he ended up having a breastfeed 'topped up' with formula because his feeding was so messed up yesterday and I just didn't feel like he had had enough to eat - given our worries about his weight that couldn't be let lie so formula it was! He enjoyed it too!

Thanks jem :) izzy is getting dribbly too so I was wondering teeth. I suppose they move around in the gums before they cut anyway. I've ordered an amber necklace but not got it yet.

Yesterday izzy rolled from back to front and then got stuck :haha: she doesn't like being on her front anyway :dohh: she doesn't lift herself up on her arms on her front so it wasn't a proper roll yet but she loves rolling to her side and sleeps that way. She also likes standing, if I hold her hands she takes her weight on straight legs and is very pleased with herself :haha:

WHAT is an amber necklace pray tell?? Gosh Devin is nowhere near rolling yet! Go Izzy!

i didnt spend "that" sort of time with him lol , we were plannng our summer holiday yay !

Oooo summer hols! 10 days to go to our first holiday ...Spain here we come!! Wooohooo.

Still no hospital for us today. I am getting so pissed off at this stage.

Devin is now in his 3-6 mth baby gros but other clothes still fit. Wine - I feel the same - I was still putting him in his 0-3 babygros but his poor lil toes were scrunched in them!!! I just wasn't ready for the milestone!!!

His weight dropped from the 95 centile to 9 at the hospital check 2 weeks ago that resulted in the supposed need for the NON-HAPPENING tests!:cry:

Phoebe's the same way eve. We've exchanged all her smaller onsies for bigger ones yet some of her littler things are still big on her! Clothes are just weird then again she does have a cute cloth bum that makes the onsies not fit lol.

You guys are making me think Phoebe's eating too much. She's been downing her 6 oz bottles (5 of them in a day) so tonight we're moving up to 7 oz ones. I've heard the tip that they should be having 3 oz of formula per lb. So that would be 36 oz for her. To much though for a 10 week old?

The paediatrician told me that Devin should be taking 150 mls per kilo per day. He was actually taking 230 mls per kilo per day. Dunno if that helps anyone.

Omg, I have to translate that into old money chilly but thanks. I read 2 1/2 oz for each pound of weight. I should think it's fine as long as baby doesn't look huge, they use up all their weight once they start crawling anyway :)

A Baltic amber necklace is supposed to help teething Pains by smoothing tiny amounts of oil into their skin :shrug: a few of us have them, got to be worth a try :)

Do babies suffer with hayfever? He could have that? Maybe a silly suggestion? Demi has a snuffly nose in the morning and sneezes lots. My oh is really suffering with it at the mo.

Demi has about five bottles a day, so I'm on par with you wine.
Although, last time I got her weighed she was on the 25th percentile, at 8 weeks. Can't wait to see what she weighs tomoz?

Demi still fits in 0-3 months but the length is looking small.

I saw my friends two week old boy today, he is 9lb, but looks so petite next to demi! It's amazing what ten weeks difference makes!

I rarely put demi on her front! Naughty, I never kno the right time? She has either just had a bottle or wants to sleep.

How often do you all get your babies weighed? If you go less than four weeks since your last visit, they make comments! Makes me feel uncomfortable.

Anyone done or heard of 'baby led weening'? Any thoughts?

nahhhh weighing is only needed if your concerned about anything. Once Jakob started gaining weight when we switched to forma I think we got him weighed about 3 times in his first year and once in the last year lol.

My hv already told me joshuas gaining loads of weight so I only need to get him weighed if I want to, it's not actually necessary.

BLW... we did a combo of that and some purred stuff with Jakob when we weaned him, we also didn't wean him earlier than 6 months. Now at 2 years the only food he's ever refused in his life was an olive and has no allergies we've found yet either. He eats spicy chilli, nuts, lemons, salad,you name it lol.

I think well be doing th same with Joshua but maybe a bit earlier as he's a lot bigger and hungrier than Jakob was lol

Ohhh and it's Jakobs 2nd birthday tomorrow!!! :D and international day of the midwife too lol

Just snatching 2 minutes to post on here ... so busy with settling into new house atm.

Lily is 12 weeks now - OMG! Thought i would do an update on Lily's progress.

Tummy time and rolling over

She hates being on her front and just whines when i put her there. She is no where near rolling over but she has excellent head control and much prefers to be upright - her legs are so strong too.

Feeding

I make up 6 x 6oz bottles a day but she only generally has 5 and will only polish off about 2. The other 3 she drinks about 4-5oz.

Sleeping

She sleeps in her cot in her own room from 10pm till about 8am. She'll then go back and have another couple of hours in her cot in the morning. If i try and put her in her cot any other time she wakes straight up.

Teething

I definately think Lily has started the process, she is continually dribbling and always has her fist in her mouth when shes awake (sometimes tries to shove both fists in her mouth). Sometimes she'll moan in pain when shes feeding and will chew on her teat. I've ordered an amber anklet (partner doesn't like the necklace).

Weight

Haven't had her weighed since her 6 week check :blush: because of the move but hoping to get her weighed this week.

On another note I started my diet yesterday :thumbup: and will keep you all updated. I need to lose a stone and a half - 2 stone.

Please send all diet tips my way. Cutting the junk out is not really helping and I think u eat healthy? Maybe exercise will help?

Wine what is that about the midwife?
Happy birthday to your little one, you having a party. What have you got him for his birthday? It's isla's 2nd birthday on the 19th and I need ideas.

I do think these babies are teething, I wonder who will have the first tooth?

Demi woke up starving at midnight. So much for sleeping through. Hope these extra feeds bump her Weight up a bit?

Josie, did you say you use to live in Stevenage? Do you kno where the weighing clinics are? I have an info sheet if you need times.

Can I up load photos from my I phone on to here, kno I can ask elsewhere but you all have photos so thought I'd ask you lot. Thanks

wow lots going on .

chilly - not long till hol exciting stuff, hope they sort your appointment out soon

wine - hope Jakob has a great birthday

Jenni- did you get your bag - is it suitable for the wipes ?

diets - well i just love eating crap so i guess i shouldnt be suprised my pre preg clothes still dont really fit properly i have no willpower at all ..sigh

no, i seem to have no will power either...so many "this is it" days.....only it isn't lmao!

I'm not sure about uploading photos, im sure it can be done, not sure how!!

josie, Izzy sounds similar to Lily, she doesn't like being on her tummy, only if it's flying over my head as "super baby" she loves that! but she loves standing up. she has skinny little legs and now she's in shorts the older girls call them chicken's legs :( :haha:

Welllll I've now hit the 2 stone Mark for weight loss! Wooohoooooo.

Joshua is NOWHERE near rolling but has great head control and sits upright in his bumbo etc.

I remember when Jakob was little around this age and me and the other may mummies thought they were teething but noone got a tooth till about 4/5months and Jakob started dribbling and chewing on his fist etc by 8 week but didn't get his first tooth till he was nearly a year old!!!!! It's all very normal and part offhand development but doesn't necessarily mean teething. Joshuas doing it too atm but I don't think he'll get a tooth for a while yet

He's still in his Moses basket by our bed... Going to try and leave it as close to 6 months as poss before he's in his room. Were actually moving house soon so going to try and time it for then, ordered a toddler bed for Jakob so he can go in that and Joshua can have his cot. They'll share a room.

Oh and diet tips...circuit training exercise is good and exercises you can do with the baby like walking etc.

Eat mainly protein but lean protein like chicken, lots of veg etc and less carbs and sugary fatty things. And not too much fruit.

Calorie counting on a site like myfitnesspal etc is the best! Tracking what you eat etc really shows that you often eat morethan you ever realise!!!

Also if weight loss sites have weekly/ monthly challenges I find it helps me stay motivated - they often have challenges like fitness DVDs, c25k, counting steps etc etc...

aww poor izzy lol ! perhaps she is going to be a tall slim international super model :)

Oh and drink lots of water and fluids I aim for about 3-4litres a day ATM!

aww poor izzy lol ! perhaps she is going to be a tall slim international super model :)

:haha:

i think she'll chub up soon, the others did about about a month i think, she's just a bit behind....or destined to be that international super model :rofl:

thanks for the diet tips wine and WELL DONE, that is fantastic, do you feel loads better?

my big girl has has gone on a 3 day residential school trip today :( who's going to give Izzy her 6 o'clock bottle :( :haha:

oh no lucky you will have to train dd2 to do it lol !

my boys go to lapland at xmas im already thinking who will fetch and carry for me then :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->