February mummies 2011 <3

So glad Izzy's putting on weight Clare. It must put your mind at ease!

You were all talking about sitting up and such so I was wanting to pick your brains. How do you feel about Bumbos? I was never one to like anything like a bouncer or such but now all Phoebe wants to do is sit up. She not happy unless she can see EVERYTHING! We usually prop her up on the couch so she can sway her head about and she loves it but that's so limiting to her view and to us playing with her.

My thoughts were what's the difference between sitting her up on the couch instead of a bumbo? I've read that the bumbo is shaped in such a way that it's still good for a babies spine and helps them to develop their own muscles. I know she's quite young but the girl can hold her head up like the best of 'em! haha.

I have found one used right down the street for only £15. I was hoping to only spend £10 all in but this one does come with a tray. Would the tray be worth it? Or is it best just to leave her be? Oh dear decisions, decisions!

thanks jenni, it does :)

bumbos weren't around with my first 2 but i was given one for izzy. she likes sitting in it, i don't put her in it for long yet. like phoebe she prefers being upright now :) i also don't like walkers etc etc

here she is at 10 weeks :)

Attachments

• chicken legs.jpg
    chicken legs.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 1
Well, I got Lily weighed yesterday (first time since 6 week check) and she is now 11lb 13oz, which means she's only put on 1 1/2lb in 6 weeks. She has now dropped from 50th to 25th percentile line :nope: The health visitor wants to weigh her in 2 weeks to see if an improvement has been made. Lily has been on 5 x 6oz bottles for 5 weeks now and hasn't increased that amount, infact she rarely finishes those off.

Also, the last couple of days have been awful with her, I can't get anything done. If I put her down on her playmat, bouncy chair, swing or even hand her to someone else she screams the house down. She only seems to be happy sitting on my lap - not laying but sitting facing outwards with one of my arms across her. Rich came home from work yesterday and took her off me so I could make a start on dinner and she cried so much she hyperventilated. As soon as he passed her back to me she stopped crying - I don't know what's going on but hope it passes soon

ds1 had a bumbo i quite liked it , ds2 didnt have one he never cared for sitting - still doesnt he sprawls over the floor lol ! holly likes to be sitting now too but her bouncer adjusts position . £15 with a tray is a decent deal you would get that much back for it tbh if you didnt like it .

I'm not sure about bumbo's??? I didn't get one for Isla so I think I won't bother this time.

Josie, demi weighed 10lb at 8 weeks and at 13 weeks she weighs 11lb 9oz. The health visitor said it was fine that she is on the 25th line???
Demi does not settle with daddy at all, but I think she picks up on his rubbish tolerance levels, ha ha.

Demi has been going to sleep by 8pm the last five nights, only woke up once last night. Hoping she is getting over this growth spurt and will sleep through the night?

I didn't used to like bumbos as they look weird lol but I do think they are really good. Joshuas bouncer is quite horizontal and he loves sitting up in the bumbo watching his big brother play! They have good resell value too so jenni once you've finished you would most likely get your money back for that!

Xx

Aw Josie try not to worry. As long as she is putting on. :) its prob a good thing to get her weighed every 2 weeks check she is going up ok :) izzy only has 5 x 4 oz bottles!

that is so bad you can't put her down tho, must be hard work. I wonder if she is at all unsettled by the move :shrug:

Hope it improves :hugs:

@josie -holly is the same she wants me holding her all day , if i put her down she generally cries she is very clingy, she doesnt settle for hubby either, i end up with her in a sling or a carrier in order to do anything , i can only shower or bath at night when she is asleep, it hard work lol. she has been like it since day 1 though so ive become used to it.

She only seems to be happy sitting on my lap - not laying but sitting facing outwards with one of my arms across her.

Joshua does EXACTLY that lol. He's happiest sitting on my lap facing outwards with my arm round his front. Sometimes he nods off too so he's slumped forward over my arm and it looks so uncomfy but if I try to move him or lay him down he wakes up screaming lol! And then my arm goes dead

lol that's exactly right! She falls asleep like that too, and I often have a trail of drool running down my arm

Hi ladies

Very cute pic of Lo lucky, I must go price one cause my Lo is getting to the stage to were she wants to sit and look around :)

Aww poor little thing Josie maybe it is from the move and your her security till she finds her comfort zone again, I'm looking forward to weight in on wednes :)

Oh I'm in some pain with period cramps feel like very light contractions :( image there was another still in there :haha:

Good luck mammymaddness, yea I was wondering how Rachel was getting on :)

My friend find out she is pregnant end of jan baby getting near to new feb babies. Anyone here getting broody?? I'm not she is my last it's sad in a way but that's it I mean it 3 is plenty lol :haha:

I remember this time last year I was writing in my ttc journal 'think Im out again this month just have a feeling..' little did I know in a week or so I'd have my bfp!!

Yes it's getting to conception time. Omg. Hasn't time flown? I do miss being pregnant, tho I know I'm looking back with rose tinted glasses, forgetting the constant nausea and agonising carpal tunnel syndrome (how is yours now wine? Mine has nearly gone, just pins and needles now, hardly any pain:) )!! 4 is impractical tho we'd have to get a new car and share rooms...and I'd never sell it to hubby!!

haha same here clare hubby is not convinced about 4 he says we cant afford it and that he is too old :(

yeah, and there is that...tim will be 50 when izzy is 10 anyway :haha:

Omg I can seriously barely cope with one...the thought of one more scares the pants off me, let alone another 3!!!!
But yes, a year ago around now as I remember going to my friends bday party 10th and we'd just dtd before...I felt a bit funny about drinking...just in case, and loe and behold!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->