February mummies 2011 <3

hope the tests go ok chilly :hugs:

jenni- 8-8 is fab well done Pheobe !

holly went back to her usual 9-5 asleep quick feed and back off till 7:30 , i cant complain as when i read the breast feeding forums it seems the majority of bf babies dont make it that long.

H isnt showing any signs of rolling yet , she seems to have noticed she has hands though , you can see her trying to get something but she cant quite make her arm and hand go where she wants it iykwim , our babies are growing up soooo fast .

she has also started noticing food , when i walk in with food she stares at me like oi wheres mine and she always wants milk when im eating now , she looks so jealous .. i cant see us getting to 6 months if she is already spotting the food !

well ...dont kidsmake you out to be such liars lol ....Holly just rolled onto her front ! she got kinda peed off that her arm was stuck and that she couldnt get back though lol !

Good luck Chilly - I really feel for you x

Wow Eve, well done to your LO - can't wait for Lily to roll, HUGE milestone!!!

Lily is in her cot asleep at the moment, she has a habit of always waking up when I decide to make myself a coffee, so I just walked over to the kettle saying to myself 'I'm not making myself a drink, I'm making it for someone else' over and over again ........... I think I must be going mad coz I also talk to the baby monitor willing her to sleep a little bit longer lol

How freaky!!! I made my coffee and as I picked it up to have the first sip Lily started crying ffs!!!! She's playing under her play gym now so finished my coffee with a little bit of peace xx

Good luck Chilly thinking of you all :hugs:

Well I used the voucher on the Bumbo got a red one with tray 47.99 (euro) so lucky I only went straight for that and to the till cause I was about to start looking around and that's why I never have money Retail Theraphy is an addiction lol, well she looks so cute in it I will try upload pic :)

As for rolling well done all, were not there yet still doing sit ups :haha:

hey i hope bumbo appreciates us drumming up business!!

i tried posting yesterday but my phone ate it!!

Lily looks gorgeous :)

Jem i wouldn't take the job thing as any reflection as you as a parent, i think there are just loads of people going for jobs :)

i am supposed to be going back to work on November 21st but really don't want to at the mo. unfortunately i earn twice what hubby does so it is not practical for me to be a sahm if we want to do/have the stuff we've got used to. i am hoping to do only 3 days instead of 4 tho and i don't work holidays which makes life so much easier and more enjoyable :) i will look at money after the summer hols and see if i can eek it out till she's one :)

izzy has only rolled once and i wouldn't count her as being strong enough to be "rolling" as such, i'm trying to feed her up tho!!

she slept 9 - 5.20 last night but her last feed at 7!! she might as well have gone to bed then?? lmao!! might try that tonight.

Hey ladies how are we all ??, Have an official diagnosis for Corey at last .. He has Lactose intolerance and G.E.R.D desease (Extreme reflux).
He is on Nucate special Milk, And lots of meds still sick constantly buy yayyyy for weight gain at last my little munchkin who wouldnt gain now weighs 9lb6 which is great.

Been advised to wean him early at 4 months

No rolling as yet as he is way to tiny but He has a lovely little personality laughs like mad at clappy handys game giggles when he trumps and rolls his eyes just like me .. The crying and pain he has drives me crazy as i cannot help him but we are getting through .

He has spent in total 15 days in hospital :( but hoping next tuesday is our last assesment on the ward berfore our appointment at peads clinic 7th june

Hope all the little Feb Lovely bumbles are great in here ?

Great news mummy madness. Isn't it a total nightmare to be in hosp? I've never felt so distressed. We had the day from hell today (now yesterday) which ended with Devin being hysterical with tiredness and me basically telling everyone to leave us alone while I snuggled him up close to calm him down and he slept sooo deeply for about 3 and a half hours at which point he woke up all smiles and had a fanastic feed. I doubt there'll be a weight gain tomorrow but he so obviously needed to sleep and the poor lil mite is trying to fight a cold. We are also now in isolation because he tested positive for mrsa which is of no harm to him but would be to more vulnerable lil ones so we can't even stroll around hospital during the long days. Bex, I'm about to copy and paste this into my journal coz I've no energy left so sorry for repetition!

Mummy madness glad you've got to the bottom of it and hopefully things will only improve from now on!

Chilly sounds like your having a rubbish time, got my fingers crossed for a nice oil weight gain for you xx

glad you have a diagnosis mummymadness , hope you get yours soon too chilly :hugs:

not much new here except holly slept till 6:45 which is her latest but my boobs were killing me and leaking everywhere i was lying in a puddle (tmi i know ) as she usually feeds at 5 - cant win lol !

Glad things are in the up for you mummy madness.
Chilly, hope today was better?

Nothing new here either. Demi slept through again, much better than waking twice last week.
Hope everyone is ok.

Hi All, finally got back online today!!! I did start to read from where I left off but gave up!

How is everyone? Have I missed much?

Lennie is good. His last weigh in at end of last month was 14lb. Now sleeps well during the night. From 9ish to 7. This morning was 8.30 though.

Tonight we are putting him in his cot - but we still need to move it into our room! But we have to do it cause I have took the moses basket apart. The other night he woke up screaming at 1am cause his head was right up against the head of the basket and he was getting stressed out.

Lennie still isnt lifting his head when on his tummy. To be honest, I never hardly put him on his tummy cause most times he is sick. He has ok control when held upright, but just not when he is on tummy. He does have a big head..........so hopefully he will do it eventually.

Since the move Eve hasnt been at school............we moved in the easter holidays and I applied for the transfer and only heard yesterday. Eve can't get into the local school, which is about 50 metres from our house, instead she can go to a school 5 miles away by taxi.........but when she is in year 6 she can go to this school cause there is space. So for 7 weeks (I think) she has to go to another school, which just seems stupid! 7 weeks surely they can accommodate her for that short time. ANyway, I have the right to appeal, which I am probably going to do, where I will go to an independent board and give reasons why I think she should go to the school. I am nervous already about having to do that! One of my strongest points is going to be about after school clubs.
At the school they are suggesting there are after school clubs, eve wont be able to go because she has to get the taxi home at finishing time. Eve loves after school clubs and it just feels rubbish she cant do them. I think eve is the closest child to the school but she cant go. lol.

Wine well done on the huge weight loss!!! Do u still do shread? I still can't get past day 1!! I have started jogging now though to at least be doing something. x

I'm having a really bad day today. I can't stop thinking about breastfeeding for some reason? I've just been in tears all day.. I feel like a complete failure. I promised myself I wouldn't this time because I got so upset not bfing jakob and i said if I struggle this time Im not going to beat myself up because it doesnt help anyone and here i am sitting crying again

got my first proper totm today - maybe that has something to do with it? :(

I'm having a really bad day today. I can't stop thinking about breastfeeding for some reason? I've just been in tears all day.. I feel like a complete failure. I promised myself I wouldn't this time because I got so upset not bfing jakob and i said if I struggle this time Im not going to beat myself up because it doesnt help anyone and here i am sitting crying again

Your period is defo not going to help with the way you are feeling.

Don't feel like a failure though, you tried the best you could and more. xx

Chin up wine :hugs:
I'm in the same boat I felt so jealous looking at my friend BF it's so easy for her I tried 3 times I really thought this time was going to work but no :( xx

Welcome back Rachael :)

Our gorgeous lil Devin DOES NOT have cystic fibrosis. We are absolutely thrilled and so thankful. Now working on trying different formulas. We are now trying one which is milk free. It smells and tastes horrible. Devin had zero interest at first but just a short while ago he polished off 4 ounces from his granny and has been breastfeeding for the past 25 mins or so. Come on lil lob. Please let this be the solution for you!

Please stop this honey. You are being way too hard on yourself! I am constantly marvelling at how amazing you are to do all you do. You are under so much pressure and you put yourself in this position to give yourself and your babies opportunities. Two beautiful babas AND all the studies you have been doing - and totally excelling at! You are amazing and you make me feel sooo lazy coz I can just about cope with one lil baba and I do nothing else besides sitting on my fat (and getting fatter) arse!:shrug: Please ighten up on yourself. Stand back and look at yourself and think if someone else told me what they are trying to achieve and mine was the list they gave me what would I think of them? YOU are doing Fantastically well. :kiss:

Thats great news Chilly!! Totally agree with what you are saying to wine. x

So relieved for you and hope that you've found the solution Chilly x

I'm confused about Lily's feeds, she just mucks around with her bottles lately and I struggle to even get 3 or 4oz down her. She chews on the teat, thrashes her head about from side to side and physically knocks the bottle out of her mouth with her hand. A couple of times shes knocked the bottle flying across the room (I don't tightly hold the bottle btw). Last time I went to see the hv and to get her weighed she had dropped from 50th to 25th line and hv said to take her off hungry baby formula and put her on sma gold and give her more feeds during day. I did this and she's not taking any more feeds, infact she's taking less ozs and now waking through the night when she was going 9pm till 7.30am. When I feed her at night she just doesn't want it. I gave up yesterday evening and made her up the hungry baby formula and she stuck her tongue out everytime the bottle went in her mouth. It's as if she doesn't want milk any more!!! Think I'll go back to hv tomorrow.

Sorry for long post x

chilly - great news about cf

wine - i agree with everyone else , no way could i be pregnant/have a newborn plus a toddler and be studying so dont beat yourself up about bf when you are doing all the other stuff . i know how you feel though cus i cried loads about not being able to do it with ds1 even now i feel bad sometimes wondering why i didnt persevere etc , but then i look at him and hes turning out brill it certainly hasnt done him any harm not being bf. and yea totm wont help those hormones.

well i have been packing as its h's 1st night away from home tonight , with me though . we have a funeral in the morning at 9:15 and its a 3 hour drive so im taking her at bed time and hubs is staying with here with the boys , not looking forward to the drive or the funeral but what can you do ! is anyone elses oh this useless though : i have to lay out the boys clothes for the morning , make them all lunch and put in fridge , ring in the morning to make sure they are up , ring when its time to leave , and ring when its time to go fetch him..honestly lol !

rach - welcome back :) could you maybe homeschool eve for the 7 weeks savea ll the hassle ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->