February mummies 2011 <3

@ Joisie it's like u wrote about my Lo she is the very same plus she is constipated I'm thinking I might try her with some baby rice in the morning start weaning cause she doesn't seen bothered at all with her bottles. I changed from first top to 2nd thinking she wasn't getting it quick enough and that hasn't made a difference. Oh so much trail and error at the start poor babas x

rach i was thinking the same as eve, speak to the teachers and get copies of the lesson plans etc - it's not even 2 months to go it would be hard going to school for that long, maybe just starting to make friends and then change again xx

So relieved for you and hope that you've found the solution Chilly x

I'm confused about Lily's feeds, she just mucks around with her bottles lately and I struggle to even get 3 or 4oz down her. She chews on the teat, thrashes her head about from side to side and physically knocks the bottle out of her mouth with her hand. A couple of times shes knocked the bottle flying across the room (I don't tightly hold the bottle btw). Last time I went to see the hv and to get her weighed she had dropped from 50th to 25th line and hv said to take her off hungry baby formula and put her on sma gold and give her more feeds during day. I did this and she's not taking any more feeds, infact she's taking less ozs and now waking through the night when she was going 9pm till 7.30am. When I feed her at night she just doesn't want it. I gave up yesterday evening and made her up the hungry baby formula and she stuck her tongue out everytime the bottle went in her mouth. It's as if she doesn't want milk any more!!! Think I'll go back to hv tomorrow.

Sorry for long post x

Lennie does this too. For a while it was every feed - he would have a 7oz bottle and leave 4oz - if I tried to give more he would gag and I didnt want to risk being sick. Now its the occassional feed. I think with Lennie it was because he was bored. Lennie now has size 3 teats in his Avent bottles which he drinks quicker and drinks it all. Most his other bottles are still size 1 and they are ones he is leaving.

What size teats do you use? x

rach - welcome back :) could you maybe homeschool eve for the 7 weeks savea ll the hassle ?

rach i was thinking the same as eve, speak to the teachers and get copies of the lesson plans etc - it's not even 2 months to go it would be hard going to school for that long, maybe just starting to make friends and then change again xx

I never even thought about that............My mum spoke to the school I got refused today and even the deputy head there has told me to appeal. I rang admissions again and they said appeal takes 6 weeks so feeling like I had to sort a school out for eve asap I accepted the place at 2nd school, but still going to appeal. Now I am confused. I wish I had though that for an option. Is it too late now? Will it get classed as eve being in attendance at some kind of learning and I won't get in trouble for it?

I do feel bad about it for eve. x

Lennie does this too. For a while it was every feed - he would have a 7oz bottle and leave 4oz - if I tried to give more he would gag and I didnt want to risk being sick. Now its the occassional feed. I think with Lennie it was because he was bored. Lennie now has size 3 teats in his Avent bottles which he drinks quicker and drinks it all. Most his other bottles are still size 1 and they are ones he is leaving.

What size teats do you use? x

I use avent 2 hole teats, she's been using these since about 2 weeks old lol. Tried her on 3 hole teats about a week ago and she was gagging. Might try her with them again soon x

There's no ] symbol after the username lol

Joshuas on 2hole teats and I think I'm going to get the 3 hole ones because the last few days before be can finish it he gets bored/ grumpy or zonks out and Ijust think it's a bit slow for him now

Thanks all. Have been flaked out all day. I think my body is finally giving in after all the stress so no energy to post much. Formula going well but worried that breastfeeding is coming to an end. I'm sad but fine with the trade in for my healthy bub. Hope all are well

well.. last night bathed and fed holly and put her in the car she slept all the way there 2hrs 20 mins.but when we got there she wouldnt sleep in her cot , guess it was a strange place etc for her so i just slept with her in the bed with me. she was well behaved for the couple that took her to the church and crem but i did have to feed her during the services :s she got passed around and fussed at the wake but that meant she slept all the way back yay! but now she wont let me go the little fuss pot .

rach - i think you just have to inform them you are home schooling so not tp get in trouble but ask in natural parenting on here there are quite a few that homeschool

Rach there's a forum similar to this one but quite a few people on their homeschool. Maybe you could join and ask them some advice? It's naturalmamas.com xx

Hi ladies

How long are you Lo's sleeping at night? Mine is going down between 8 and 9 waking around 1 then 4 then 6ish just uneasy not crying starts off in her crib then ends up in my bed :blush: routine might get better wen I start to wean thinking of starting at 4 months :)

iv just put emma up on her teats shes havin 2 bottles in the arvo yesterday she drank 150ml so i think thats why shes so fussy in the arvos cause she wasnt gettin enough..im really thinking about stopping b/f now as shes not gettin enough and i was goin to stop at 6months anyway but i might just gradually start giving her more bottles

she goes from 830 - 7 or roughly around that last night she didnt though was a terrible night.

i weighed her on thurs on the wii and shes 5.1kg lil chubba got her needles this wk also clinic check up.

holly goes from around 8/9 to anywhere between 5 and 7 then she has a quick feed and drops back off its 5 but if its 7 she stays awake - hope that makes sense lol !
i think we are going to move her into her own room now , she has been in the travel cot in our room for a few weeks and seems fine so i think prob next weekend we will make the move into her own room eeeek lol !

Lennie generally has his last bottle at 9pm. If we feed him one later than that he doesn't take it and just wants his bed. From then he'll go till about 7. Last night he went nearly 12 hours between feeds. He had a bottle at 7 and OH tried to give him one at 10 but he wasn't interested and so he brought him to bed and he went till 6.30.

I'm thinking of giving Lennie C&G comfort.........am I right in thinking this is like SMA stay down? Hopefully will help with his projectile vomiting. x

I keep feeling like I just can't keep up with the boards anymore as when I finally get a chance to check the threads I'm always on there are like 5 pages to catch up on. Yet on here there's one if maybe two, so I think I see a trend with all of us being rather busy, lol.

Lol Jenni, I think you're right!

O is sleeping from 7 til we wake him at 10.30 for a feed then sleeps til 4.30-5.30am has another feed then back to sleep for another few hours. He has started having between 8-11 oz a feed so I think we're getting into hungry baby territory! Also thinking of giving hik some baby rice he's 16 weeks this week, so maybe next week?

I know his sleeping isn't bad, but I do get so jealous of those who are sleeping for 10-12hours a night, am so desperate for a full nights sleep or 2!

I agree jenni! I do like it though cause u can catch up easily.

Cor Bex 11oz - he is a hungry boy. Lol. X

I agree jenni! I do like it though cause u can catch up easily.

Cor Bex 11oz - he is a hungry boy. Lol. X

I know!! He does like his food and can chow down quite happily on 11oz now...so I'm thinking baby rice may be sooner rather than later!

omg joshua still only has maximum 6oz and hes a BIG boy.

hes started this new thing ilove -he used to wake up at 7am and cry for food. now he wakes up at 7am and lays there coo-ing and giggling until i wake up lol

i think imbad with tummy time- he wont lift his head up off the floor he will only tolerate it with a pillow under his chest to prop him up, lazy so n so lol

oh and when im out no one believes his age! the other day someone asked in a shop and i said 12 weeks (which he was NEARLY) and some random couple heard and i heard them go 'yeh right she wishes more like 20 weeks' errrrr whatever!

and i keep getting weird people come up to me a couple of weeks ago someone came up to me and asked me not to let him get a tattoo? wtf lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->