February mummies 2011 <3

How many oz does she have in those bottles? It just annoys me that when u were bf and she was gaining a little weight u were told to give her formula, which I know must have been a hard time for u cause how it makes u feel, but now u r giving her formula and still little weight gain she don't seem so concerned. Soz, it's just annoyed me. X

rach - she has 4 or 3 oz. i wonder if the boob feed is actually slowing her down tho :shrug: hopefully they WILL be bothered if it continues to slow. but i know what you mean. i think it depends a lot on which hv you see though, this one is a bit smiley smiley, everything's lovely iykwim?

Chilly is Devin on neocate because of lactose intolerance? how did they decide that? how is his weight gain now they have changed it? i don't know if you read my post but Izzy has put on only 4 1/2 in 2 weeks which seems a bit poor to me but they are not bothered, what was Devin doing when they went into panic stations and scared the sh*t out of you? ( I am still cross on your behalf that they put you through all that anxiety re the cystic Fibrosis when it was unlikely xx)

Has anyone noticed that SMS had gone up a small fortune???
I'm sure that it was only £7.80 ish but this week I noticed it was £8.99!!! I nearly fainted with shock.

Glad everyones babies are on the up.

yep there were a lot of threads about it - you can still get it for £7.56 i think at lloyds online, free delivery over £40? £50? so if you buy a few tins it's worth doing. i think cow and gate are the cheapest now, everyone else is about £9. they reckon it is to do with improvements in the formula and a free leveling scoop, like we want to pay £1.50 each time for that!! ridiculous.

Glad the neocate is working for devin chilly hun, Well It helps for Corey doesnt fix him as he as more problems but stops the screaming and the bad poops and the test said he is lactose intolorant so we just following it lol, Crabel thickner is the best thing since slice bread makes the milk like cement and they really find it hard to bring it back up.

Fingers crossed at last !!!!!!! Corey stopped been as sick still about 1/2 an ounce every bottle but thats amazing for him they upped his meds massively, And the carobel thickner and meds are all starting to work :) still in for PH test next week with ng tube and admittance to ward on 31st of may just to make sure all is ok but iam sooooooooo happy we are having some normality :).

Ooooooo and Lucky hun corey weighs 9lb 14 wich to me is tiny and they are very concerned but only because he fell completely off the chart below 2nd percentile and because of how sick he was , But the weight they were not concerned about per-say.

Hope every ones well xxxxxx

Clare, we are still not sure whether Devin has an intolerance or not. Allergy bloods were sent off 2 weeks ago now but we have no results on them yet and could still have to wait until next week for them ffs!! So I should go back a bit to explain coz I need to update you all anyway although the one line updates during the hospital stay kept you up to date but this is as much to record it all for myself!!!....Sorry if it bores you all but sometimes you just have to record it all so uve something to look back on to remind yourself when u feel like complaining about sleepless nights!!!

So we went into the hospital on a Wednesday and pretty much all day Thursday and Friday was spent getting tested for a million things. Most results were back within a few hours but the genetic tests were sent away somewhere and would take 3 weeks to come back. The appt for the sweat test for cystic fibrosis was made for the following Tuesday - there is a long waiting list for it so that was the worst few days waiting waiting waiting - granted while everything else was coming back clear but that nearly made me think that CF was a real possibility coz nothing else was the problem - mad Mummy!! In fact we were let out on Saturday and Sunday during the day and on the Sunday night when we went back into the hospital he developed a cold within minutes of entering the ward! Now od knows where he picked it up from coz it came on so suddenly but after his next feed an hour or so later he was really blocked up and when he threw up mid feed he was COMPLETELY FULL of phlegm and i frightened the life out of me! He was struggling for breath and the nurse had to use the aspirator on him. I went into total panic (some would say drama queen) mode and spent the night sobbing and convincing myself that this was the start of the sickness really kicking in. The nurses that night spent the night either consoling me or telling me 'ehhhhh its a cold.??!!' But they all said 'that child doesn't have cystic fibrosis' but of course I thought they were just saying it to calm me down. I texted Ed at about 6 am to say I needed a hug. By the time he got in I was a complete basket case and when the doc came around he just laughed at me getting myself into such a state and again said 'he has a cold'. He also said that there was absolutely NOTHING to indicate CF and that in his opinion it was looking increasingly like a diet or allergy related issue.
Well anyway - on the Tuesday afternoon we had the sweat test and had to wait a whole 24 hours for the results! It was such a long wait and 24 hours later the nurse that had been looking after us for a few days burst in the door to say 'the doctor is coming in a minute to tell you that all is well.' She was right! yay - the results were all clear! Thank God our lil man is well!

As the doc had suspected from the start the nutritionist became our best friend. She quickly diagnosed that our lil man was to comfy on the boob and was only drinking enough to swallow as much as he needed to sustain himself but not enough to put on weight. Turns out the boob was too much work for him despite me havin a large supply! She tried introducing SMA in a bottle which went fine and then 'SMA High Energy' to help him catch up. He had, for reasons that no-one can explain, a really bad reaction to the latter. He broke out in a really red rash on his cheeks and chin and got really crotchety and squirmy on it for about 18 hours and I insisted that something needed to change because I knew he wasn't himself at all. Eventually they decided to try him on Neocate and we've never looked back.

So, it turns out that our little angel has a clean bill of health and a diagnosis of 'laziness' (to sucking off the boob), a 'potential' dairy intolerance (still not confirmed and ultimately may end up back on regular SMA). 10 days in hospital...three weeks of a night mare from start to finish including waiting for the hospital bed and thank god - NOTHING wrong with the little bugger!!! After all that time in a neonatal ward let me tell you I am thankful every day that our lil man is so healthy and happy. We saw such traumatic cases - we are just so lucky! :cloud9:

Yep clare I know what u mean about HV.

I saw threads on that about SMA. That scoop leveller thing is already in cow and gate. I didn't even know what it was until I read those SMA threads. Lol.

Lennie hasn't had his appointment for his 2nd jabs yet. The nurse said that I would have the appointment within 4 weeks from last ones. But no! The surgery have no appointment for Lennie on system for next 2 weeks, which makes me think he's been sent it at his old surgery again. Grr! X

morning ladies ..hectic here Evan is 3 today so it looks like playhouse disney have taken over my front room , holly loves this flashing car thing he has had though she keeps staring at it .
holly woke up last night and ended up in the bed with us ...again lol

What a crazy fee weeks chilly! Bet your glad it's over.

I never noticed those threads on SMA, it's madness though, I may check out Lloyds then, thanks.

I've asked this else where but wandered if you all can shed any light?

Me and oh have been dtd and doing the pull out method. I was due on Friday and I've had nothing. Sorry to much info, but I had brown discharge last week, only a small amount and some today. I've done two test, one on Friday and one yesterday, although during the day. I've had period type pains for over a week. I am never ever late and this is my third day late and I'm sure of my dates and that I ovulated on day 20 on a 35 day cycle. Any thoughts????

Oh and happy birthday Even

did you want another jem :haha: ? id wait and see, don't worry too much yet:)

chilly, phew, glad all is well and your little man has only got laziness, he must be a fast developer:haha:

and happy bday evan :)

jembug , your cycle could still be settling down surely i personally wouldnt worry about it too much .
as for dtd we still havent so no danger of number 4 here ! though since holly moved out of our bed into the cot things have progressed a little in that dept but i cant see it happening till she moves into her own room - am i the only one not interseted in dtd whatsoever ? i keep thinking i should for hubby but he hasnt mentioned it though im sure he wouldnt refuse it

i'm just the same as you eve, tho occasionally i fancy it but Ive fallen asleep before hubby gets to bed:haha:

Jembug have u had a proper period since birth? I had a bit of brown discharge a couple of times before I got a proper one couple of weeks ago. They're still Gorna be all over the place.

I am the same - I've fallen asleep by the time oh
Comes to bed. Last night is the first time we have dtd at nighttime since Lennie was born. All the other times have been when we wake up. Tbh I don't like it as soon as I wake up, I'm not a morning person so I don't know why I do it. Lol. X

Well I'm all over it! We've been at it like rabbits especially since Devin got the all clear :blush: but we are using no contraception - besides pulling out too!! hehe! Secretly I wouldn't be sorry if we got caught on the hop....so to speak! Rational Chilly says - God no we're not ready yet and my body went through so much with 9 months of solid vommitting followed by HELLP syndrome and emergency section that I'd be NUTS to do it yet ....but my hormones disagree :rofl: I haven't had a period yet though with the breastfeeding and all so it's unlikely to be a prob but y'never know :winkwink:
Jembug - uhohhhhh!!! :shrug:

Can't help shedding a tear tonight for poor Kelly and her little one from the June/July version of our thread. Poor lil mite was born at 32 weeks and had complications and is not expected to live much longer. It's so so sad and makes me so very grateful for our lil lob Devin and all your babas too. The girls on the thread are very very upset by the sounds of it. Terrible things happen.

I'm the same! I'm broody - my heart is saying yes yes yes and my head always wins. Sometimes I think I'm not even going to mention condoms - then change at the last minute. Lol. We have 2 left and I've not yet made even my first appointment for having coil put in.

That's so sad about that baby :-( I look at Lennie every day feeling grateful. X

Hi ladies how are you all.....
Wow are you all feeling broody already?? YOUR MAD hahahahaa :)
I had the IUS put in when Duz was 6 weeks lol..
but to be honest lol Allan and i are talking about getting it taken out in June next year and starting to try for baby number 3 :)
I spoke to a clarevoint and she informed me that i will be preggers by xmas this year!! So that was shock let me tell you that hehehe :) She also told me that we are going to have yet another one after the next baby lol... GRRRR lol we will see :) hehehehehe

How is everyone going???? How are your babies??? Little Dustin isnt so little anymore 14 weeks and well over 7kilos!! So he is a big little man!!!! :0 Already in size 00's and about to head into size 0!!!! Very much like his sister :)

I had a period today and it's hell. I've had two previous to this, maybe my body is still getting use to not being pregnant?

That's so so sad about the poor baby and family in the July thread. It does make you greatful for what you have.

Demi has had me up the last two nights starving! I'm hoping to hold out on the feeding Till six months?
Just booked a holiday to Turkey in July, I'm now wishing the weeks away but that means Demi gets older :(

anyone else going abroad? Hope Demi copes with the heat? Maybe I'm a bit mean?

Hope everyone else is good?

Ah mummy to be - Lennie had some 00 clothes which I brought from a 2nd hand baby shop - had no idea what size it was - but now I know. Is that how ur clothes r sized in Australia?

Jembug Lennie hasnt been sleeping as long the last coupe
Of night - this morning he woke up at 530 and day before was 430. He is also polishing off his bottles so we are going to now up him to 8 ounces.

Lennie was weighed today and is now 16lb 5. Little lump! He also has a cold and is really snuffly. It makes me paranoid it will go to his chest again. X

she will be fine on hols jembug i took my kids away young , i just kept them in those u.v suits and loads of suncream and in the shade as much as possible . we are going to france in august - not quite so hot but you never know , im also hoping to hold off food to 6 months but she is so interested in it atm i doubt ill be able to

as for sleeping h has been up at 3am past 3 nights too , you do get a major growth spurt at around 16 weeks - the worst one iirc so i guess thats what we are all hitting as we are thereabouts at that mark

she will be fine on hols jembug i took my kids away young , i just kept them in those u.v suits and loads of suncream and in the shade as much as possible . we are going to france in august - not quite so hot but you never know , im also hoping to hold off food to 6 months but she is so interested in it atm i doubt ill be able to

as for sleeping h has been up at 3am past 3 nights too , you do get a major growth spurt at around 16 weeks - the worst one iirc so i guess thats what we are all hitting as we are thereabouts at that mark

Do you think you'll do baby led weaning or traditional weaning when the time comes? I'm hoping to wait until Phoebe is 6 months as well but she's already at 8 oz and it's crazy but when we eat dinner she starts gnawing at her hand.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->