February mummies 2011 <3

Ah mummy to be - Lennie had some 00 clothes which I brought from a 2nd hand baby shop - had no idea what size it was - but now I know. Is that how ur clothes r sized in Australia?

Hey there :)
Yeah newborns are usually in 0000 but both my kiddies went striaght into 000's. They are usually in 0 just before they are 1... and dustin is going into them now at 14 weeks hahahahaha :)

the general rule of thumb is the year they are plus 1 size and that would be their clothing size :) if your 1 than you'd be in a 1 or a 2.. Layla is 2 and in a size 4 :)heheheheh

That is how it goes for babies and toddlers anyways :)

Joshuas drinking 7oz now so that's 35oz between 7am-10pm.

I'm going to try and hold off weaning till 6months and will probably do mixture of baby led weaning and purees. That's what I did with Jakob and he eats anything and everything now, no allergies etc

Tbh BLW kinda annoys me... People used to do it anyway but now people just give everything names I don't get it lol.

I only did it because I was lazy and could let him get on with it haha

Keep feeling so broody but I need to wait nearly 4 years.. Booooo!

Weve switched to cloth nappies and I'm enjoying it a lot more this time, when I used them with Jakob I hated it and went back to disposables but its working well this time round!

Joshuas finally starting to grab toys but his favourite thing is my leopard print dressing gown, it's so soft and fluffy he spends all day grabbing it and rubbing it on his face and licking it LOL

jenni - im the same as wine ive always done a mix though i wasnt aware it had a specific term (blw), both my kids are great eaters apart from onions and mushrooms i dont think there is anything else they dont like !

yay for cloth wine !

h still isnt grabbing or gripping things though she is trying

Hello ladies. I haven't been on for a while. Lily is doing really well, still on 5 x 7oz bottles and happy with that at the moment. I did start baby porridge, but her appetite waivered last week after her injections so I'm leaving it for a while. I will be weaning her just like I did with my other children, however if she's not ready I won't push it. I'm just not strict about the 6 month margin.

Lily plays with anything that's put in front of her, she's been grasping toys for about 3 weeks now and EVERYTHING goes in her mouth - she loves playing with toys!! She also loves watching Baby Bright DVDs and laughs at the little babies especially when they laugh. Also she's trying sooooo hard to roll over, she's almost there. Not sure what she'll do when she's over though coz she HATES being on her tummy lol.

She's sleeping well at night, generally from 8.30 till 7am during the week coz I have to wake her to take the kids to school, or she'll sleep through to 8.30 if I don't wake her. Wish she would sleep more during the day though, she has 20 mins here and there but I wish she would have a good couple of hours in the morning and again in the afternoon then she wouldn't get so overtired in the evening. Oh well ... can't have everything lol.

Hope everyone's LOs are well and thriving xx

jenni - im the same as wine ive always done a mix though i wasnt aware it had a specific term (blw), both my kids are great eaters apart from onions and mushrooms i dont think there is anything else they dont like !

yay for cloth wine !

h still isnt grabbing or gripping things though she is trying

I still don't like onions or mushrooms! Lol

i think wine hit the nail on the head - we've all donne elements of baby led weaning, we just didn't call it that! i will do a mix of both, when i think shes ready. she sits on the table during dinner in her bumbo and now watches like a hawk! but she's no where near ready, but is only 14 weeks! shes just starting to grab and mouth things but i don't think she CHOOSES to yet, iykwim? i can't wait to put the tray on the bumbo tho and let her eat with us :)

i'm going to get her weighed again tomorrow. if her gain is still slow i am going to ask for more investigation (she is 9lb 14)

Yea wine is right, I did a bit of both with my first.
Demi was rolling on her side yesterday, but not really grabbing yet.

I never put Demi on her tummy, should make more effort! Has anyones babies got the big bold patch on the back of the head yet? Demi has not but It looks like it's thinning?
I'm just washing a bug pile of Isla's old clothes. Poor Demi will have Isla's hand me downs, it Looks lovely though and not second hand. Make the most of it coz I'm sure she will be demanding new clothes in the future.

Jen, don't worry about hand me downs, my middle girl is always dying to get her hands on Arianna's old clothes! and she still gets new ones too of course...too many clothes to wear :dohh: Izzy is gonna have LOADS of hand me downs :) i even buy them off eBay now:haha:

i am rubbish at putting izzy on her tummy too as she hates it - i see some people have got a pillow that they put under their cherst though, that looks a good idea :thumbup: izzy rolled once but moaned as she hates being on her tummy, hasn't bothered since, just goes on her side :)

holly has a little bald patch and the rest of her hair has thinned out :)

my ds2 had loads of stuff that was ds1's, he still has some bits but now ds1 tends to wear out his stuff rather than outgrow it, but what i have found is great are things like sandalsand wellys as they never get any wear . holly uses grobags that were from ds1 /2 and she is currently in a winnie pooh coat that was used by both the boys but still in top condition, saves money for other things :)

hey Eve, why does it say your status is pregnant?!!!:haha:

We've bought hardly anything new for joshua really - mainly jakobs stuff and ebay etc :D

we have one of those lil pillow things that was mentioned so he goes on his tummy, tesco do them really cheap by bright starts :)

i tried to get joshua to roll onto his side but he got really grumpy lol!

i keep meaning to ask - anyone elses baby suddenly gone mental with dribble? joshua soaks through bibs and tshirts in about 20minutes atm my washing pile is nuts :( and when i say soaked through i mean down to nearly the bottom of the tshirt and nearly to the sleeves, soaked through before i even get a chance to change it! i'm not sure what to do because as i said he soaks through bibs too! maybe ill put the plastic food-catcher ones on to catch the dribble lol

did i not share my news clare ? lol i never even noticed !

dribble - h is constantly in a bib now last week or so she is dribble mad , not quiteas bad as you described wine but we get through a few bibs a day... you know wn do bibs to match your cloth bum now ;)

Oh eve please don't tempt me lol! I'm still happy I haven't worked out the weenotoioms site yet! Being eyeing up so many nappies not to mention wipes and CSP!

Did another order with cheeks and cherries today though because I lovethe ittis on Jakobs bum so much! Nearly 4 hours and i changed him and felt hardly damp, in that time a disposable would have been hanging in-between his legs he wees so much! Lol

Wish I could say the same for Joshua but the mediums seem a lil big on him and felt damp after an hour so I might try some smaller ones for now :(

Demi is a little dribble pot too! I often change her top half, I try to use the bibs with the plastic bit at the back but I've only got a few and there constantly in the wash.
I put Demi on her front twice yesterday. Go me!

Oh and I've lost 3 and half lb in two weeks, soooo pleased. I will fit in my wedding dress in 11 weeks- eeekk.
How's everyone else doing on loosing the baby meat?

it's slow jem! i finally got my arse in gear and have lost 9lb so far, but i have loads to lose, like 4 stone!! well done on your loss.

oh and on tummy time :)

i stayed the same this week, think it will be a gain next week feeling crappy and pigging out! but still 36lbs so far!!! nearly 3 stone? :D

no idea what joshua weighs anymore haha

lucky3 sounds like izzys chunking up a bit now! woohoo :D xxx

Wow that is brill wine. You'll be fine getting back to it I'm sure :)

Izzy is on 2nd centile now, not under it :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->