February mummies 2011 <3

aw, love your avatar jem!

yep we are busy over half term, though don't seem to have actually DONE anything!!

Devin is sleeping through the night too. He loves his sleep. We put him down around 8/8.30 and wake him for a very sleepy bottle a around 11.30. He goes straight back down until about 7.30am and even at that he would prob keep sleeping but because we are still paranoid about his weight we're not game to rely on him to feed enough of his own accord... given that he was starving himself before etc....so we have to wake him up for it!! Then he stays awake for about an hour before he goes back asleep for another hour and a halfish!! Nice....

how's the weight gain going now chilly? i'm back to weighing very week as Izzy's had gone poor again :(

Hi everyone!!!

Just thought I would pop in whilst I have a quiet few moments. Hope everyone is okay and enjoying half term.

My 3 older kids have gone to Wales for the week with their dad (my ex) and Rich has had 5 days off!!! It's just been us and Lily .... fantastic!

We went to the lakes yesterday and it was lovely just walking around and sitting under the trees. Lily loves being outdoors and is mesmorised by the trees especially when the breeze is blowing. Here's a couple of photos:

016.jpg 027.jpg

AND ..... big news!!! Lily is now rolling over from her front to her back. She is still trying sooo hard to roll the other way. I reckon she'll be rolling round the room by next week.

I also feel really guilty today, I put suncream on Lily, kept her in the shade AND had a UV cover over her buggy and she still got sunburnt on her face :nope: What a BAD mum!! 022 (2).jpg

Attachments

• 018 (2).jpg
    018 (2).jpg
    25.2 KB · Views: 3
how's the weight gain going now chilly? i'm back to weighing very week as Izzy's had gone poor again :(
His weight is going great!! He is now 6.28 kilos and was 5 when we left the hospital so in 2 weeks he has put on 1.28 kilos! Yay! He has gone from the 2nd to the 25th centile so he is back in a healthy range. We are DELIGHTED!!!!

Poor Izzy Lucky. What do you feel is going on yourself? Do you feel she is feeding well??

She is just really slow at drinking, perhaps milks not her thing :haha: she seems well just skinny. I'm hoping solids will chunk her up a bit. I shall prob start her at 17 weeks rather than waiting as I had planned.

Hiya ladies :) how are you all? How is everyones little families???Hope your all well.

Yeah we're starting solids on Saturday! :happydance: Seriously though - maybe milk really doesn't suit her. When we got Devins allergy tests back he had a milk allergy and he LOVES his special neocate milk free formula (although he hated the taste at the start!) Have you any milk free stuff?

Clare, how is izzy's weight now? Gone down again?

Josiejo - lennie loves being outsde too. He'll just lay in his cot for ages looking at the sky. I took lennie for a walk today - very off road, and he got hit in the head with a plant - I didn't even know until I saw a red Mark on his head.

Lennie's still not holding his head on tummy time - I don't know what to do anymore. The hv suggested the towel under his chest but he just moves his legs so much he ends up pushing himself on the towel - so it's not effective as an aide to hold up his head. Does anyone have any other suggestions? X

only suggestion i have rach is just to keep persevering , putting him on his tummy for 5 mins a few times a day.

H is def ready for food now but im determined to put her off a few more weeks if at all possible ..means ill have to get my pump out for making baby rice - i hate pumping lol.

had her passport piccys taken today she looks a right grumpy baby on it lol

i thought izzy was porking up clare has she lost some now ..have i missed a post ?

No you haven't eve:), I was just saying I'll get her weighed AGAIN today cos she had slowed up 2 weeks ago, I had just managed to get myself ONLY weighing once a fortnight lol!! Last week was good so hopefully this week will be too and then the poor gain will bd a blip. Fx for today:)

hey everyone how are we all?

The day before yesterday I had lots of things to do and OH was off so offered to look after Joshua... when I fed him at 10pm he slept for about an hour and then was awake all night. literally. he fell back asleep around 6am and then woke at 6.45 for his 7am feed.....

Then OH told me he 'managed to get him to sleep' from 3pm till 10pm the day before!!!!! No wonder he was awake all night! I was so pissed. So yesterday I had to try and keep him awake loads so that he would actually sleep in the night :( which he did thank god!

hes also such a chubby lil thing now, i forgot to do washing yesterday as i was taking advantage of the good weather and realised i had no 3-6 sleepsuits which joshuas wearing, and found a 12month one and it sort of fit him :O

rachael joshua did that at first. I'd say the key for us has been LITTLE AND OFTEN.

literally, at first we would time him for about 30 seconds. if he was laying on his mat or whatever we'd put him on his front (with a lil pillow/towel under his chest) for 30 seconds then let him carry on with whatever. We'd do this whenever we thought of it throughout the day like 'oh we're sitting watching some tv lets put him down on his front for 30secs'

anyway after about a week we changed it to 1 min, couple of weeks we moved it to 3mins and then 5 and only in the last few days we've managed to get it more than 5mins before he gets upset. we dont bother timing it now because he will stay there for a few mins and its good enough :)

but his head and neck strength and stuff has improved sooooooooo much!!!

josiejo gorgeous pics!

honestly dont worry your not a bad mum lol happens to the best of us, had my toddler in the garden playing and i put factor 50 on all over......... but i forgot his back!!!! at the end of the day we brought him in and were like OMG. his back was dark red and the rest of him was white lol. we used aloe vera gel aftersun it was really soothing for him!

he loves being outside, always has - but joshua doesnt really like it and much prefers being inside :(

chilly so happy he likes his milk free stuff and glad hes gaining weight for you! Hes so cute :p xxx

Jem I love your new avatar you and your babies are gorgeous! I really want to take joshua swimming too but I can't go alone with him and Jakob so need to wait till someone will come with me lol!

lucky, she's so beautiful! have you tried milk-free stuff as chilly suggested? maybe she really doesn't like milk? lol. I think starting solids earlier than 6months will probably benefit her, as long as it's 16weeks+ then that's fine - i bet she'll love it lol

Sorry for all the posts people! trying to do a major catch up here lol! I don't know where the time goes these days! I'm going to try and add a couple of pics of joshua

ohhh here's a family pic :D
https://a3.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/228020_10150252236465751_512630750_9180350_5607028_n.jpg

here's one of joshua having a bath in his paddling pool (its easier as its so shallow means i dont need to hold him while i wash him ;)
https://a3.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/225250_10150242873720751_512630750_9100183_7968669_n.jpg

and one more here he is on his lil tummy time pillow
https://a3.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/228305_10150242790160751_512630750_9099154_1683985_n.jpg

I do love that photo wine. You all look. Gorgeous:)

Well whiz y is 10lb 9 today so 4 on, not too bad :shrug: I'm sure the scales must have been wrong before !!

I am in aldeburgh today in the sun :). Bring on the BBQ!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->