• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

February mummies 2011 <3

Oo blimey eve, hope you're ok. Keep us posted.

I took the big girls to get new school shoes. Isabel wasn't impressed so I fed her in the car and hubby managed to get one pair of shoes. Mmm not great!!

Didn't achieve much more. And now feel rough, perhaps shopping wasnt such a good idea!!

Oh no eve, that's what the midwife said when she took my leftover membranes, if they would have stayed there they would cause big bleeds. How is it now?

Ley, are u going to do the breastfeeding workshop? It's sounds good. X

I told her I would do it. It felt really nice to be asked, like I'm obviously doing well if they want me to help teach expecting parents about breastfeeding.

Eve, I hope you are ok and the bleeding stops xx

Talking about nipple pain...I caved in and bought some nipple shields, they have made a massive difference!! Only going to be used until they heal but I couldn't take the pain anymore!

Also anyone who leaks a lot, I've got nipple shells too which collect milk from your other nipple when you're feeding or whenever you're leaking. I get a good oz just from feeding!! Adding it to some that I've pumped and there's more than enough for OH to have a go later, giving my nipples further break! Phew!!

Oh no eve, that's what the midwife said when she took my leftover membranes, if they would have stayed there they would cause big bleeds. How is it now?

Ley, are u going to do the breastfeeding workshop? It's sounds good. X

seems ok , still getting a tiny bit but not gushing as it was earlier , spoke to midwife again she said to just monitor it and she will ring or come see me in the morning , was a bit scary for a minute though.

Talking about nipple pain...I caved in and bought some nipple shields, they have made a massive difference!! Only going to be used until they heal but I couldn't take the pain anymore!

Also anyone who leaks a lot, I've got nipple shells too which collect milk from your other nipple when you're feeding or whenever you're leaking. I get a good oz just from feeding!! Adding it to some that I've pumped and there's more than enough for OH to have a go later, giving my nipples further break! Phew!!

i gave in today too and am feeding with the sheild on the right side till it heals , it helps lots but im not sure H is so keen on it .
ive not pumped yet , how much are you getting to put in a bottle ? is it enough for a feed ? i have no idea how much H has , some feeds she has both boobs twice :s

Oh poor you Eve hope you're ok take it easy! I'm amazed at how much you guys are all doing! It's only this week that I've felt much like going out or doing anything!

Eve O isn't too keen on the shields but he still feeds quite well in the end. The latch is a bit different and he often needs reattaching but it's made such a difference! As for pumping I generally get about 2oz at a time but only cos I don't want to push my boobs too much I could get more. O takes between 2.5-4oz at a feed so I'll pump twice in a day if I feel like it. Also I top it up from the extra milk from the shields. Currently got about 6oz in my fridge. So oh will be doing a feed later and I'll be sleeping!! :) yey

Oh and tried a couple of breast bottles and out of the tommee tippee and nuk bottles the nuk is much better. Anyone else got any other recommendations?

Oh I've heard of nuk when I was trying to decide what bottles to buy.

I've got some shells too. I think they are great. I get about an oz a feed too and put it in the fridge and freeze it when I've got about 6oz.

I'm still too scared to feed it to him out of the bottle! Like he's going to want bottle all the time. I sterilise a bottle for the milk and then put the bottle back in the cupboard. Lol.

my bleeding seems to have stopped - yay !

holly went 4 hours last night i feel like ive slept all day lmao.

Glad your feeling better eve, i think you've been doing too much lol!

the more you are in an upright position and active the more blood loss there is.

With my son i was in sainsburies and the same thing happened, i was mortified the blood soaked through my pad, knickers and even my jeans - i went and locked myself in the disabled loo and tried to clean myself up as best as possible and then shuffled out to the car - luckily OH was there! the midwife said the same thing but as the bleeding died down over the next couple of days they said i had probably just overdone it a bit

Last night had another good night sleep - he slept all evening so i was a bit worried that he'd be up all night but he woke for food about 12.30, 4.30 and 8am.

The midwife visited yesterday and he now weighs 9lbs 7oz!!!! that means he's put on 9oz in the first 10 days i swear that's more than normal lol!

She also said he has reflux which is where the valve in their throat hasn't completely closed properly yet so when he lays flat the milk can just run back up his throat, but it's only a really mild case as he seems to be fine when propped upright lol, thank god.. as some babies need medication and stuff. So now he has pillows under his moses basket matress so he's at an angle - he still vomitted in the night but not as much as it has been..

He's also got lots of spots on his face now!!!! midwife said it was normal so i hope they go soon lol poor little thing

xxx

aww good weight gain wine.
H lost 8 oz at 1st weigh in then on monday had put 3 back on so hopefully at next visit monday she will be back to birth weight and we can get discharged fx.

Wine Lennies spots get better each day. I don't remember the first day he got them but now he only has a few on his cheeks and chin.

I also think Lennie has reflux. Not bad though. He's sick a couple of times a day after feeds. Yesterday he choked and was sick :-(

Lennie has put on 5-6oz so far and that was at day 10. My Sis baby at day 5 has put on 6! Lol. Do you think babies have a different speed of metabolism this early in their lives?

We went out today to sea life centre, it was lovely to treat dd! It bloody poured it down and we got soaked walking to the car, and jeez it's expensive! It was £22 for just me and eve.

I want my bleeding to stop. I might just lay on my back till it does. Lol.

I'm glad urs has calmed eve and wine. X

Isabel has lost 12 oz at day 5 :( that's not good is it? she doesn't look any different :( :( I am taking her again on Monday to see if she has improved. Mw wasn't too worried, thought it was prob cos of the shock of her birth being so quick, having such a low APGAR etc...Rach i can't believe your sisters baby has put on 6 in the same time!! is he FF or BF (what did she call him?)

My bleeding doesn't seem as bad this time as with the others, fx it will finish sooner than 6 weeks or whatever it was with them!! :dohh:

Isabel is holding her head up lots now...i love the way she cranes round to see what me or biggest sis are doing ( i think she thinks Arianna is her second mum!!) I can't wait till she starts smiling - she does it in her sleep and has little dimples but I want it to be for real :)

had a delivery earlier - a bouquet of clothes ..looks like flowers but the flowers are made from vests , socks , hats etc was from hubbys work - will take a piccy i had never seen them before nice idea

@lucky its fine , we had lost 8oz at day 8 and i think she was putting it back on then so prob was more at day 5 . ds2 lost almost a pound before he started putting it on.

Hi guys Just to say my bleeding stopped a few days back so around 3 weeks...hopefully not too much longer for you all too. :) x

had a delivery earlier - a bouquet of clothes ..looks like flowers but the flowers are made from vests , socks , hats etc was from hubbys work - will take a piccy i had never seen them before nice idea

That sounds lovely eve! I got a bunch of tulips and a cuddly Teddy from m and s from the people at work today too :)

hey ladies how are we all?
my bleeding had only just stopped, and mason is nearly 6 weeks :(
Mason has started smiling...he looks soo cute! Last night he slept from 1.30am right through until 9.00am :O was shocked when i woke up lol
he still seems to be bringing alot of his milk back up, but he is putting weight on nicely,going to go and get him weighed again tomorrow :)

My friend also had her baby on monday a tiny 5lb 7oz...she is adoable and she has made me all broody again :wacko:

hey ladies how are we all?
my bleeding had only just stopped, and mason is nearly 6 weeks :(
Mason has started smiling...he looks soo cute! Last night he slept from 1.30am right through until 9.00am :O was shocked when i woke up lol
he still seems to be bringing alot of his milk back up, but he is putting weight on nicely,going to go and get him weighed again tomorrow :)

My friend also had her baby on monday a tiny 5lb 7oz...she is adoable and she has made me all broody again :wacko:

awww tiny , im still broody even though i dont think i could put my body through it all agan i do keep wondering what it would be like with 4 kids lol !

I feel sad to think I'll not be pregnant again. Then I think of the labour pain and remember I'm just too old!!! 4 would be a lot, keep telling yourself that...or you'll be tempted. Aw, they are just too scrumptious at this age!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->