February mummies 2011 <3

Hi ya everyone, hope your all good.

I Began to wean my first at around 20 weeks and I remember the health visitor nearly bit my head off! I mainly started 'early' coz of pressure from family. It took her whole month to open her mouth and know what she was doing! So I feel, for her, it was too early?

So I'm taking each day as it comes, with just milk.
Although, she did have us up at half four, u decided to get OH to do this feed for a change. Other than the last, Demi has been sleeping 11-12 hours.

Ooooh, who was that person who fed the baby that early? I think i remember Reading that?

I have my health visitor coming next tues, anyone elses come out again?

My first, Isla has blue eyes like me. Demi also had blue eyes, but over the past week there changing colour! OH's are like a greeny/browny colour, which it looks like Demi will be? I'm really happy about that!
And Demi is finally trying to grab the toys, instead of just batting them.
Is anyone elses baby learn to streech at the top of the voice? I was having a coffee with a friend in a shop yesterday and Demi was sooooo loud. Everyone was looking!

Hope the 'growth spurt babies' give you mummies a break tonight.

Girls thought this might be interesting reading as we were discussing it... https://www.babyandbump.com/baby-club/635141-change-advice-re-weaning.html

Am I the only one is has not started weaning?
Demi has been sleeping through the night and still just about drinking 6oz, five times w day- I'm assuming this means she is not ready for solids???? Any advice?

Know I can post this question else where... But no some of you have older children.... I'm going abroad and I was wandering if I can give my two year the cows milk out there?

I'm going to sterilize Demi's bottles in Milton, I'm hoping this will be fine- I usually sterilize with a steam sterilizer.

I haven't started yet either :)
i have always given my 2 boys cows milk abroad - before you go google what the foeign is for full fat milk as they arent colour coded the same as here ie blue could be skimmed etc , also done milton abroad . the other thing we did was just boil the bottles/spoons in a pan

Good luck everyone and sorry if my rambling post makes no sense, I find it hard to articulate myself sometimes lol

great post :) love your piccys too

Hi ladies any of your Lo's going through the 4 month growth spurt I feel so tried like a new born all over again :( I read up on it some say it's like having a moody teenager loads of hormones going through the baby :( she just seem unsettled and tried all day long the last few days!!!!

I started my Lo on porridge at 16 weeks and I'm happy with that decisions as she was constipated for 3 days and now goes everyday :) xx

the growth spurt is absolute hell here :( for over 2 weeks she has gone to waking up at 2/3 and then again at 5/6 after sleeping through before , yesterday was a terrible day and cus hubby was off he got to see it , she literally fed all day and she will fall asleep but the second i put her down she would scream and i mean proper scream high pitched its relentless , hubby wants to wean her now cus he said she must need it - but i ginore him anyway !
Hi ya everyone, hope your all good.

I Began to wean my first at around 20 weeks

i weaned my 1st at 20 weeks too and got scowled at !

well we went camping at the weekend (pics on my facebook ) holly seemed to like it as much as anything else lol

she held a toy yesterday too but i think possibly still just a fluke
i dont want to wean until she can hold food / a spoon tbh as thats just "my way" . i think for weaning you just do whats best for your child , i started ds1 at 20 weeks because i couldnt fill him up basically , ds2 was 24 weeks , i managed to put him off a bit longer , H is very interested in food , cries and gives you puppy dog eyes when we are eating lol but i really want to wait until at lest 20 weeks if possible - guess we will see .

Also she now screams when she cant see me , if i leave the room she is inconsolable , if she is in her chair and im behind it she also screams , its kinda cute but also a bit annoying , i feel like i cant get anything done or pay much attention to the boys atm as im constantly having to carry her round

as for sleep - she is still in the travel cot n our room and will stay there till she starts sleeping through the night regularly despite hubby wanting to move her out now ( but you can guess why that is lol )

After reading about your LO's and the 4 month growth spurt and waking at night again I was thinking noooooo not my little one - she will be fine (she sleeps lovely at night time). Humph - last night she was sooo restless. She went into her cot at 7pm after having 7oz of milk (she also had a couple of spoons of puree at 6pm) and she was awake again at 8.30 and polished off another 7oz. Then, she woke again at 4.30am!!!!! She had another 7oz and slept restlessly again till 8am. Serves me right in showing off (to myself).

As for weaning, I did start on baby porridge about 3 weeks ago for a couple of days and then she had her injections and was off, so I stopped again for a little while. Yesterday, I gave her a couple of mouthfuls of puree (apple) which she pulled some very funny faces but ate it fine. I think I'm going to try her with a little bit every day just so she can get used to different tastes. Apple this week.

Lily has been playing with toys for about a month now, grasping them, chewing them, sucking them and 'talking' to them - it's really cute. She also cries everytime I leave the room (or even move away from her) - she wants my constant attention and even if I pass her to my mum or Rich she watches my every move. I love that she loves me so much but I really don't want a clingy baby .... not with 3 other children to look after lol.

Well I was up at 3:30 last night, that's two nights in a row!
Demi is fine if I'm out the room although a few weeks back I was in the kitchen with my mum, Demi in her chair. I left the room and a minute later Demi was screaming hysterically! I think it's coz she saw/heard me and the
I disappeared. Demi knows my mum well, I think she just got a bit panicked?
Funny little minx's these babies are!

Jembug lennie is a little chatterbox. He will do a screechy sound and do it for as long as his breath will take him. Lol. It's funny. X

aww, lovely to hear about everyone's babies :)

Izzy had a mammoth drinking day today...she had been on 4 oz but today she had 5s and 1 7oz and 1 8oz!! in total she had 28 oz! Wow, i think she must be having her growth spurt !!

She is into grabbing and holding things with her hands alot now, she examines them then sticks them in her mouth!! She's still a bit cack handed tho but it's lovely to see her interested in stuff.

she can't sit up by herself yet but will sit for a few seconds before falling over! but she still prefers standing, i think its cos she can look right round and is just nosy!!

i am taking her to baby massage on thursday and friday - they are giving me a free gift for going but i want to anyway :lol:

Can I just ask you girls, Oscar is continually sucking his fingers...are your lo's doing this too, he's obsessed with them! Tummy time is now lie on my front and suck my fi ngers time, no wonder he's not rolling!

yes izzy shoves her whole hand in there at the moment, i wondered if it was just part of the discovery process rather than teething issues?

Oh forgot to say he was weighed today...17.13lbs! 91 percentile, I heart my little chubbily wubbily! :blush:

Wow oscar is thriving!! Love a chubby baby! My first girlie only weighed 18lb at her one year check!
Demi loves her fingers, she shoves her hands in so far that she often gags on them, ha ha.

Let us know how you get on at baby massage, they do free classes here, so I am interested.

lol yes Lily loves her fingers/hands, but most recently has discovered her feet and is continuously trying to suck them. She has always got wet socks/baby gro feet etc:

eating feet.jpg

Josie, that pic is lovely! Can't wait for Demi to discover her feet!

Awh all the cute things there doing makes up for the sleepless night :haha:

My Lo is the same laughing out loud ESP at the older 2 she has really noticed them and gets all excited bless plus she has noticed our dog walking around I just saw her head follow Missy around the kitchen so cute :) :)

Oh so tried better try get a bit of sleep b4 she wakes nitey nite :hugs:

Wow - oscars a big boy! Lol.

Lennie still puts his thumb in his mouth a lot - but at the
Moment he chews it - so I'm wondering if somethings happening with his teeth.

Lennie can't sit up but he can stay there for a couple of seconds - I think it's cause his big belly is holding him there. Lol. X

holly sucks her fingers and her hands / whole fist till she gags too he seems to have spotted her feet but isnt that interested in them yet . another crap night here she wouldnt go dwn till about 10:30 then up at 3 and 6 ...sigh :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->